[Suggestion] Multiplayer Idea Involving the Range Exchange.

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

[Suggestion] Multiplayer Idea Involving the Range Exchange.

Postby MaysonD » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:41 pm

I know that Monomi Park has no real plans on multiplayer, saying that it's a bit harder to implement than the awesome updates they deliver. But I have an idea that opens multiplayer and is possibly easier to develop than traditional multiplayer.

The Range Exchange lets you trade items with characters in the game, but what about if they opened that up to trade with other players? It could be a separate system from the NPCs or interspersed between them. Say you need some Odd Onions and maybe a Painted Hen. You have an abundance of Briar Hens and a couple of Gilded Gingers maybe? You can set up a trade, shoot the items you give the other player into it and bide your time. It'll be broadcasted across the Far, Far Range and when a player can spare some of the items you requested, they'll deposit their items and then 7Zee themselves will deliver it to you in a special colored treasure pod with your items right next to your Range Exchange. Maybe the 7Zee corp can include a decent incentive to use the service often. It's not "real" muiltiplayer, but it opens up player interaction and promotes cooperation.
MaysonD
Plort

Re: [Suggestion] Multiplayer Idea Involving the Range Exchan

Postby SnailsAttack » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:48 pm

MaysonD wrote:I know that Monomi Park has no real plans on multiplayer, saying that it's a bit harder to implement than the awesome updates they deliver. But I have an idea that opens multiplayer and is possibly easier to develop than traditional multiplayer.

The Range Exchange lets you trade items with characters in the game, but what about if they opened that up to trade with other players? It could be a separate system from the NPCs or interspersed between them. Say you need some Odd Onions and maybe a Painted Hen. You have an abundance of Briar Hens and a couple of Gilded Gingers maybe? You can set up a trade, shoot the items you give the other player into it and bide your time. It'll be broadcasted across the Far, Far Range and when a player can spare some of the items you requested, they'll deposit their items and then 7Zee themselves will deliver it to you in a special colored treasure pod with your items right next to your Range Exchange. Maybe the 7Zee corp can include a decent incentive to use the service often. It's not "real" muiltiplayer, but it opens up player interaction and promotes cooperation.

I think this'd be pretty nice. It'd certainly save me an extra trip to the moss blanket just to wait 5 hours for a few minty mangoes to ripen.
SnailsAttack
Rancher

Postby fivehead » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:47 pm

Yeah, this sounds good. Sort of reminds me of the Viva Pinata games where you could mail crates to your friends. (I love that game btw)
fivehead
Chickadoo

Postby Twerps3 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:14 pm

This would be a awesome use for all the gilded gingers I have!

Also, I can imagine there would be set groups the people, (or their saves) would be in, like how the npcs only trade items you can get from the areas, as you unlock, say the moss blanket you would be able to trade mint mangos to other people that have the moss blanket, but don't have time (or are lazy) or hunter slime to people.
This would prevent people from trading mosaic slime to someone who first started the game.
Hi

- SECRET!
Twerps3
Rancher

Postby zm78 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:20 pm

Sounds Great! I'd give me a use for all those phase lemons(260 of them):
image: Image
Those ears, That coin, That wiggle, wiggle, wiggle.
zm78
Rancher

Postby Naybob » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:11 am

HOW! XD
chIKEns?
Naybob
Rancher

Return to General Discussion