Henhen infestation?

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Henhen infestation?

Postby Naybob » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:14 am

Some hen hens were most likley left on my ranch by accident and a rostro for the same reason, after a while they began to lay eggs... and didn't stop now I take over 100 a day and it barely stops them I've tried tarr, tabby slimes well that's it but still.... any ideas? Seriously it lags a lot
chIKEns?
Naybob
Rancher

Re: Henhen infestation?

Postby Plawerth » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:42 am

Interesting. I thought the "nest" object was required for them to make chicks? If it's not needed then this sounds like a great way to solve the never-ending lack of resources problem.

If it lagging, lower your graphics settings. Reduce resolution, then lighting, shadows, etc.
Plawerth
Plort

Postby Plawerth » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:37 am

I am trying to trigger chickapocalypse on my ranch but it's going slowly. Tried sleeping continuously for a week but the population doesn't seem to be increasing very much.

Do I need more roosters? Should I be trying to achieve a 1-to-1 hen to rooster ratio? The roosters are really rare in the wild apparently, so gathering a pile of 'em takes time.

Also, I see two ways to rapidly clear too many chickens:

1. Vacuum them up, and then shoot them into the ocean... buh-bye!
2. Build an incinerator and burn 'em all.

EDIT: I suppose I should probably grab every chick I can find, as they could potentially grow up to be roosters. Though the game is weird in that there is only one type of rooster, but multiple types of hens, and multiple types of chicks... so can a rock chick grow up to be the generic rooster?
Plawerth
Plort

Postby zm78 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:20 pm

any chick is able to grow up as a roostero, just fill your ranch with coops and store the extra roosteros
in a silo. Note that you can also find them in the wild.

For getting rid of them without any plots destroyed/built you can get 50 tabbys, 50 booms, 50 pinks
and if you have them 50 hunters and 50 tangle, you can get 100 of each and flood your ranch with plorts and tarr, So hopefully you have 3 hydro turrets, 2 ponds and a tankful of water... good luck! :D
Those ears, That coin, That wiggle, wiggle, wiggle.
zm78
Rancher

Return to General Discussion