Slime Rancher Development Roadmap Discussion

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Slime Rancher Development Roadmap Discussion

Postby z0mbiesrock » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:11 am

(Roadmap last updated June 26, 2017)

Nick wrote:The following is a broad roadmap of what we expect to develop for future content updates. In between these updates there will likely be minor updates, bugfixes and other tweaks.

Please note that the development roadmap is subject to change and does not include everything in development for Slime Rancher. Additionally, the updates listed below may be released in multiple stages.

v1.0.0
Hello Beatrix
We'll finally be making some art that will finally let you put a face to the name. Hint: she's NOT secretly a corgi.

Adventure Mode Conclusion
Though Slime Rancher isn't a story-focused game, Hobson and Casey's little narratives will be wrapped up.

Additional Unannounced Features
There's a couple additional features we'd like to keep secret.

Post-v1.0.0 Content
Additional content updates will follow the release of Slime Rancher v1.0.0. The following are features we have planned that we may release, however we'll need to experiment and develop them first in order to determine if they're a good fit for the game. As always, this possible future content does not include everything we have planned and is subject to change:

Map System
A map of the Far, Far Range will be added that gives you a general sense of where you are in the world. This is not a detailed mini-map as we still believe that exploring the unknown and learning the world is important to the experience. But it should alleviate some of the frustration that some players experience.

Iron Rancher Mode
An exciting new game mode that adds a replay-able, survival-like experience to Slime Rancher! Aimed at veteran ranchers who have cleared Adventure Mode and seek an increased challenge, the Iron Rancher Competition has you racing against the clock to collect quotas of various plorts across multi-day rounds. However, each round offers unique challenges and remixed rules that greatly changes the standard Slime Rancher experience. Vampiric chickens? Whaaaa?

Casual Mode
Based on popular request, Casual Mode is a relaxed version of Adventure Mode where tarr do not exist!

Desert Slime Toys
The charcoal brick, disco ball, sol mate, and gyro top will be added, much to your desert slime's delight.

Rancher Missions
Ogden, Viktor, and Mochi will offer you a daily mission as work-for-hire in new mini-zones on the Far, Far Range. These missions offer unique rewards as you earn favor with each rancher. BOb wants chickens.

My summary on the update roadmap:
[*] So, we're not seeing a full-body Beatrix model until after v1.0.0 is released.
[*] No v0.6.1
[*] Iron Rancher mode seems like another finite mode comparable to 5-Day Rush. Perhaps an equivalent to Adventure Mode with increased difficulty?
[*] I'm not sure if modding or the Steam Workshop will be possible once v1.0.0 is out.
[*] Speaking of mods, will it be possible to mod in new slimes or maps?
[*] Hopefully more performance improvements? Curently, my FPS never goes above single-digits, RAM usage exceeds 90% with the game just LOADING UP to the main menu, and 4 REAL-LIFE seconds equal every ONE in-game second!

So, what are YOUR opinions? Discuss.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
z0mbiesrock
Keeper

Re: Slime Rancher Development Roadmap Discussion

Postby GreatRancher » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:08 am

Just one thing...WHAT'S THE POINT OF CASUAL MODE!?The game is already easy, why making it easier?I have played kid games harder than this one(Midtown Madness 3 and Pocoyo Racing, that one is tough)...but I still love Slime Rancher. And I don't know if the Iron mode convinces me...I'm too hardcore...I'll have to see what type of new hazards there will be.
Also, Vampiric Chickens?Whaaaa?
Hey, don't look down here!
There's NOTHING!Except...a signature
*sigh*
GreatRancher
Keeper

Location: Spain,I'm not from England or America or Ireland.I'm from Neptune and Mars too :)

Re: Slime Rancher Development Roadmap Discussion

Postby z0mbiesrock » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:00 pm

Yes; Vampiric chickens. I even looked into the game's code trying to learn it.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
z0mbiesrock
Keeper

Return to General Discussion