O.K. This is Getting Ridiculous (Spambots)

Community discussion unrelated to Slime Rancher

O.K. This is Getting Ridiculous (Spambots)

Postby BlanketPI » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:49 am

Looking at Far, Far Off-Topic alone, I'm seeing 16 spambot threads. And there's at least 6 in every other forum. That's ridiculous. Looking at the security question to make sure the registering computer isn't a spambot, it's just copy and paste some text. Now, I understand if reCAPTCHA is hard to implement, but can y'all at least make a random image, instead? Or maybe have something like showing the image of an animal (or Slime) and asking what it is? I mean, obviously we want to keep it basic enough that anyone can use the forums (so no using Dervish Slimes or whatever), but this must be even more tiring for those that are actually getting rid of the offending posts than it is just marking them.

Oh and is it helpful for us to report these threads, or just when spam gets into legitimate threads?

Edit: Make that 17 here and 7 in the others, for a total of 45 spambot threads. That's a lot to have to delete if you can't do it in bunches. I completely understand if it takes y'all a lot of time to delete them all, because that's really tiring.

Now 18 here, because Pasport Bolgarii needed the last word. >_>

+6 and +1, for a total of 56. Yuck!
BlanketPI
Rancher

Re: O.K. This is Getting Ridiculous (Spambots)

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:48 pm

Yes! Exactly!

A lot of the spam I've been seeing isn't even appropriate (in the kid friendly manner)

I have to report a lot and this is extremely annoying.
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Postby Maria » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:13 pm

Me, personally, I find the wig ads the most amusing. I mean, why exactly do they think we need that many wigs over here?
On the other hand, we don't have that many slimes with hair. Hmmmm.

On a more serious note - yes, it still does help when you report these posts. Yes, we know what reCaptcha &co is, be assured of that. Please continue reporting them! And yes, we remove them icky spam bots as soon as we notice them showing up, but unfortunately we're not here 24/7. Thanks for your help with these by reporting them!
Maria
Admin

Postby Noggy05 » Tue May 01, 2018 1:28 am

Maria saves the day again.

BTW: When do we get slime wigs in game?
Lionmeow made my avatar!

Thanks for three amazing years.
I'm not active here anymore, email me at thatsnosquirrel@gmail.com or add me on discord at Comically Overpowered Greela#5756 if you want to talk to me.
Noggy05
Keeper

Postby Raxel920 » Tue May 01, 2018 1:12 pm

Noggy05 wrote:Maria saves the day again.

BTW: When do we get slime wigs in game?

Well, fashion pods are a thing, so maybe...
Raxel920
Rancher

Return to Far, Far Off-Topic