(RP) Relic Hunters

Community discussion unrelated to Slime Rancher

(RP) Relic Hunters

Postby bobschicken » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:50 pm

It's 2054, Humanity has prospered thanks to the discovery of Relics, Relics are things found in underground civilizations, people don't know who made them, but radiological dating seems to pinpoint most relics being made 1.5 million years ago. They seem to be random at best, from Swords that cut through almost anything, to bottles that produce infinite alcohol, These underground villages are seemingly random, and protected by stone "guardians" that stop at nothing to protect said relics, many have gotten rich off of finding relics, and recently a underground village in Africa has been found, currently on records it seems to be the biggest one recorded in relic history. because of this many people have been traveling this hoping to get rich off of them, one of them was you.

Ctrl C+V
Remove every thing in brackets
Name:
Race: [Preferably humans, but robots are fine]
About: [Put a description of your character.]
Packed items: You can pack up whatever as long as it equates to a large object

Storage System
There's a small storage system in place, and it goes like this

Small Object: Small thing that could fit in a pocket.

Medium object: Moderately sized object couldn't fit in a pocket.

Large object: Huge object that usually requires two hands to use,

3 smalls = 1 Medium

3 mediums = 1 large
I can S.P.L.A.T into action!

I thank Hachiseiko for my (First) Avatar
Cactuses are cool now.
bobschicken
Rancher

Re: (RP) Relic Hunters

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:25 am

Oooh. An RP.
Time to infect its universe with some lore.
You're welcome.

Name: Jane Keiki'hau'oli
Race: Human
About: Hailing from the island of Kaua'i, Keiki'hau'oli was born in the Kingdom of Hawai'i in 2023.
In this Alternate Timeline, Hawai'i is never annexed by the U.S.A. Instead, Queen Liliʻuokalani was overthrown by her subjects when she attempted to remove the Constitution and, after 5 days of being a republics, elected a new monarch, King Hanau'ma'ka'la I.
Hawai'i's economy flourishes thanks to its abundance of volcanic soil, and its key trade partner, the U.S.A, is perfect for worldwide trade. Soon, its GDP begins to overtake even the U.S - its currency, the Hawaiian Dala ($) become one of the stablest in the world.
During WW1, Hawai'i sides with the allies and fights directly alongside Britain and France, and after the War ends is named an Eternal Ally of The United Kingdom. It suffers from a lack of money for a short while before bouncing back to its feet. By this point, Hawai'i's power is around the same as the U.S.A's; it lags behind Britain, but beats the rest by a landslide.
In WW2, Hawai'i does the same; however, when Imperial Japan bombs Pearl Harbour, Hawai'i withraws its troops and attacks Japan with the U.S. Hiroshima and Nagasaki are never bombed, but significant damage is made to Japanese cities by less potent bombs. At the end of the war, Hawai'i has long surpassed the U.S.A's power, naming it one of the two World Superpowers alongside the U.S.S.R. It does not engage in the Cold War; it still occurs, however, as the U.S still has a lot of international influence. By our times, Hawai'i is the most powerful nation in the world, each island having its own capital and Honolulu being the overall capital.

Now that's over, back to Keiki'hau'oli.
Keiki'hau'oli's sharp wit is perhaps her strongest weapon; diplomacy is her go-to way to deal with issues. However, she still has some level of military training.
However, she suffers significantly from her overactive conscience; as much as wounding an insect will have her screaming. Alongside this, she isn't particularly good at planning; you can expect a lot of Plan-Bs from her.
Her main costume is a Hawai'ian Royal Army uniform with a silver-grey scarf.
Packed items: Hawaiian Flag (Medium), Hunting knife (Small? It doesn't really matter), Comm Unit (Small)
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby bobschicken » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:31 pm

Oh god, Lore

Lore seems good, i accept character.
TheGreciansHousehold wrote:Oooh. An RP.
Time to infect its universe with some lore.
You're welcome.

Name: Jane Keiki'hau'oli
About: Hailing from the island of Kaua'i, Keiki'hau'oli was born in the Kingdom of Hawai'i in 2023.
In this Alternate Timeline, Hawai'i is never annexed by the U.S.A. Instead, Queen Liliʻuokalani was overthrown by her subjects when she attempted to remove the Constitution and, after 5 days of being a republics, elected a new monarch, King Hanau'ma'ka'la I.
Hawai'i's economy flourishes thanks to its abundance of volcanic soil, and its key trade partner, the U.S.A, is perfect for worldwide trade. Soon, its GDP begins to overtake even the U.S - its currency, the Hawaiian Dala ($) become one of the stablest in the world.
During WW1, Hawai'i sides with the allies and fights directly alongside Britain and France, and after the War ends is named an Eternal Ally of The United Kingdom. It suffers from a lack of money for a short while before bouncing back to its feet. By this point, Hawai'i's power is around the same as the U.S.A's; it lags behind Britain, but beats the rest by a landslide.
In WW2, Hawai'i does the same; however, when Imperial Japan bombs Pearl Harbour, Hawai'i withraws its troops and attacks Japan with the U.S. Hiroshima and Nagasaki are never bombed, but significant damage is made to Japanese cities by less potent bombs. At the end of the war, Hawai'i has long surpassed the U.S.A's power, naming it one of the two World Superpowers alongside the U.S.S.R. It does not engage in the Cold War; it still occurs, however, as the U.S still has a lot of international influence. By our times, Hawai'i is the most powerful nation in the world, each island having its own capital and Honolulu being the overall capital.

Now that's over, back to Keiki'hau'oli.
Keiki'hau'oli's sharp wit is perhaps her strongest weapon; diplomacy is her go-to way to deal with issues. However, she still has some level of military training.
However, she suffers significantly from her overactive conscience; as much as wounding an insect will have her screaming. Alongside this, she isn't particularly good at planning; you can expect a lot of Plan-Bs from her.
Her main costume is a Hawai'ian Royal Army uniform with a silver-grey scarf.
Packed items: Hawaiian Flag (Medium), Hunting knife (Small? It doesn't really matter), Comm Unit (Small)

Cactuses are cool now.
bobschicken
Rancher

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:43 pm

yay
My Fanon-Lore Posts

- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:55 am

*ahem*

B U M P
My Fanon-Lore Posts

- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby RowletAlex » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:21 pm

Ok, sounds cool. Here’s my character.
Name: Harrison “Illinois” James
About: Harrison James is an archeologist/paleontologist who was previously studying what was possibly the first ever human settlement, when he was assigned to study the relics by the US government, as they fear that if their enemies were to get their hands on any of the more powerful relics, it could be rather dangerous for the country as a whole. He has a deep respect for the artifacts and ruins he studies, and will sometimes refuse to take an artifact due to its religious or spiritual value to its creators. He somewhat resembles Chris Pratt, and dresses like Indiana Jones (who is the primary reason why he decided to become an archeologist) He enjoys fooling around with whomever he is traveling with, but will do everything he can to protect them when they’re in danger. He likes puns, and uses them whenever he gets a chance (he thinks they’re very punny, thank you very much). He also plans to sell a few relics to the museum he works for, to further fund his research. Instead of a fedora, he wears an old fashioned leather pilot’s helmet and goggles from way back in the days of pilots like Amelia Earhart (he also found her plane wreck, and he’s also a skilled pilot himself)
Packed items:

Small Object 1: Compass (never goes anywhere without one)

Small object 2: Paintbrush (for archeological digs)

Small object 3: Pocket notebook & eraseable pen (for writing notes)

Medium object 1: Bullwhip (because why not, he’s Illinois James!)

Medium object 2: Climbing picks (they require two hands, but they’re not really that big)

(Also, love the lore so far!)
Last edited by RowletAlex on Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
I. HAVE. RETURNED.

All ur chikkins r belong to bOB

“Oh give me a home, where the tree-foxes roam...”
RowletAlex
Rancher

Postby tyrantlemon55 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:50 pm

why am i doing this
Name: Tobias
Race: Human (Earth Prime)
About:
After a run-in with a mysterious artifact during Earth Sciences, Tobias was sucked into this world. Falling from the sky made him an instant celebrity, but he does not like the attention. He's optimistic but lazy, and sometimes rude. Usually, he's kind but cold. Tobias has lost hope of going back home, and usually drowns his sorrows in large quantities of alcohol. He's quite smart and strong, and is known for taking down gangs for the "greater good". We all know it's truly for the stashes of booze.
Packed items:
Medium: Flask (slung over side)
Medium: Stolen Sword (hung at hip)
Small: Handgun
Small: California surfboard keychain
Small: Mobile Phone
Large? (at this point in time, driving): Motor Scooter
aw frick
tyrantlemon55
Rancher

Postby bobschicken » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:20 am

tyrantlemon55 wrote:why am i doing this
Name: Tobias
Race: Human (Earth Prime)
About:
After a run-in with a mysterious artifact during Earth Sciences, Tobias was sucked into this world. Falling from the sky made him an instant celebrity, but he does not like the attention. He's optimistic but lazy, and sometimes rude. Usually, he's kind but cold. Tobias has lost hope of going back home, and usually drowns his sorrows in large quantities of alcohol. He's quite smart and strong, and is known for taking down gangs for the "greater good". We all know it's truly for the stashes of booze.
Packed items:
Medium: Flask (slung over side)
Medium: Stolen Sword (hung at hip)
Small: Handgun
Small: California surfboard keychain
Small: Mobile Phone
Large? (at this point in time, driving): Motor Scooter
RowletAlex wrote:Ok, sounds cool. Here’s my character.
Name: Harrison “Illinois” James
About: Harrison James is an archeologist/paleontologist who was previously studying what was possibly the first ever human settlement, when he was assigned to study the relics by the US government, as they fear that if their enemies were to get their hands on any of the more powerful relics, it could be rather dangerous for the country as a whole. He has a deep respect for the artifacts and ruins he studies, and will sometimes refuse to take an artifact due to its religious or spiritual value to its creators. He somewhat resembles Chris Pratt, and dresses like Indiana Jones (who is the primary reason why he decided to become an archeologist) He enjoys fooling around with whomever he is traveling with, but will do everything he can to protect them when they’re in danger. He likes puns, and uses them whenever he gets a chance (he thinks they’re very punny, thank you very much). He also plans to sell a few relics to the museum he works for, to further fund his research. Instead of a fedora, he wears an old fashioned leather pilot’s helmet and goggles from way back in the days of pilots like Amelia Earhart (he also found her plane wreck, and he’s also a skilled pilot himself)
Packed items:

Small Object: Compass (never goes anywhere without one)

Medium object: Bullwhip (because why not, he’s Illinois James!)

Large object: Archeological Digging Kit (a large bag containing everything one might need to set up an archeological dig, except a pickaxe)

(Also, love the lore so far!)

Both of you are accepted, but i think you got the storage system wrong, you can only pack up to A large object, what i mean is that you have the packing capacity of a large object. with 2 small items being a medium, and 2 mediums being a large.
please revise your packed items, sorry if i confused you.

Cactuses are cool now.
bobschicken
Rancher

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:26 pm

Both of you are accepted, but i think you got the storage system wrong, you can only pack up to A large object, what i mean is that you have the packing capacity of a large object. with 2 small items being a medium, and 2 mediums being a large.
please revise your packed items, sorry if i confused you.

Didn't you say that it was 3 items per level in the original thread?
My Fanon-Lore Posts

- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby bobschicken » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:09 pm

bobschicken wrote: You can pack up whatever as long as it equates to a large object

I'm sorry if it seemed a little confusing...

Cactuses are cool now.
bobschicken
Rancher

Postby JasontheBasin » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:12 pm

ok

Name: Jason
Race: hooman
About: an idiot who wants to find a relic that will make him smart. 5
Packed items: Flashlight (small), Backpack filled with snacks (medium) and emergency button (fires a small lazor shot that will remove anything it hits from existence. small. only fires a laser ONCE, hence it's the EMERGENCY button)

might be OP but remember, this is an idiot who has the world's strongest laser.
Im good friends with emeraldplay, who's a Slime rancher modding god.

HAIL HIM.
JasontheBasin
Keeper

Postby Noggy05 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:58 am

Name: Kai
Race: Human?
About: Not much is known about Kai, but what is known is this:
Kai appears and claims to be a human but nobody knows for sure. He wears a scarf and hoodie that covers most of his face, and jeans and boots.
He is annoying
He hates logic
He is friendly (once you get to know him)
Packed items: Tazer (small) Sword (medium) Notebook & Pen (small)
Lionmeow made my avatar!

Thanks for three amazing years.
I'm not active here anymore, email me at thatsnosquirrel@gmail.com or add me on discord at Comically Overpowered Greela#5756 if you want to talk to me.
Noggy05
Keeper

Postby bobschicken » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:44 am

JasontheBasin wrote:ok

Name: Jason
Race: hooman
About: an idiot who wants to find a relic that will make him smart. 5
Packed items: Flashlight (small), Backpack filled with snacks (medium) and emergency button (fires a small lazor shot that will remove anything it hits from existence. small. only fires a laser ONCE, hence it's the EMERGENCY button)

might be OP but remember, this is an idiot who has the world's strongest laser.

Accepted, (BTW, how does an idiot get his hand on a relic probably worth billions of dollars?

Noggy05 wrote:Name: Kai
Race: Human?
About: Not much is known about Kai, but what is known is this:
Kai appears and claims to be a human but nobody knows for sure. He wears a scarf and hoodie that covers most of his face, and jeans and boots.
He is annoying
He hates logic
He is friendly (once you get to know him)
Packed items: Tazer (small) Sword (medium) Notebook & Pen (small)

Accepted

Cactuses are cool now.
bobschicken
Rancher

Postby JasontheBasin » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:50 pm

bobschicken wrote:how does an idiot get his hand on a relic probably worth billions of dollars?

No clue.

HAIL HIM.
JasontheBasin
Keeper

Postby RowletAlex » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:55 pm

JasontheBasin wrote:
bobschicken wrote:how does an idiot get his hand on a relic probably worth billions of dollars?

No clue.
Maybe with the help of Illinois James? I don’t know, I was literally just going to be Bert Macklin, FBI (AKA Andy Dwyer) at one point.

(Also, when do we start?)
I. HAVE. RETURNED.

RowletAlex
Rancher

Postby bobschicken » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:49 am

In order to prevent this RP from dying, starting now with this many RPers is a good idea.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN

Cactuses are cool now.
bobschicken
Rancher

Postby JasontheBasin » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:59 pm

As Jason woke up from his nap in midair, he remembered where he was.

Inches above the ground near a hole.
Jason stopped floating midair and fell to the ground. He immediately got up and walked over to the hole. "is dis tha enteranc 2 de new undrgruond villag? looks kool" he said. Jason muttered "should probobly wait 4 more people cause I might die"

So he stood there and waited.

"Oh wait. Shouldn't Illinois James be here soon? heard he was going to be here too." Jason said to himself.

HAIL HIM.
JasontheBasin
Keeper

Postby RowletAlex » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:38 pm

(Right on cue, a Jeep pulls up and Illinois James steps out of it) Huh. I was expecting something a bit bigger, I guess. This place definitely needs to be more well guarded. Better wait for the rest of the expedition.
I. HAVE. RETURNED.

RowletAlex
Rancher

Postby Noggy05 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:15 pm

(Kai steps out of the shadows, there is a visible glint in his eye) What took you so long?
Lionmeow made my avatar!

I'm not active here anymore, email me at thatsnosquirrel@gmail.com or add me on discord at Comically Overpowered Greela#5756 if you want to talk to me.
Noggy05
Keeper

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:04 am

Khaki-green uniform matching the olive grass, Keiki'hau'oli pounced over the top of the steep ridge. Coming to a stop with a flick of her heel, she exclaimed, "Aloha awakea! Good to see a nice lines of smiling faces. I'm very pleased to meet you."

"My name is Keiki'hau'oli, but you can call me Keiki."
My Fanon-Lore Posts

- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby CrazeePi » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:23 am

Well, I never got to really use this character so I'm recycling them.

Name: "Coolio the Wiz" (or "Coolio the Wizard" for short)
Race: "Cool" person
About: Coolio the Wizard is a wizard who always strives to be the coolest person around and, by extension, hip with the kids. They always speak as if they're someone who just came out of the 80s/90s.

They will most likely do something if they think it makes them look cooler, even if it might hinder them (such as their sunglasses and rollerskates) or get them hurt. Their absolute need to be cool is often off putting to others and they're rather ignorant about those around them.

They wear a bright magenta hoodie, with a bright yellow wizard hat, bright yellow roller skates, bright cyan pants, and bright cyan gloves. They have dark sunglasses with a black bandanna that says "MUSIC BAND" written in flaming white letters over their face.

Packed items:
Skateboard (medium)
Spray Can Relic (small) (Can spray paint any color and never runs out of paint)
Extra pair of Sunglasses (small)
If an admin or such sees this please delete this account. I did not see any way to delete this account in the settings.
CrazeePi
Keeper

Postby RowletAlex » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:21 pm

Aloha, Keiki! (Under his breath, he mutters “good to see someone actually cane decently dressed. Even I could do better, but I didn’t have time to pack on such short notice”) What took ME so long? For your information, I was halfway across the world just yesterday morning, you’re lucky I didn’t get here a day late. I’m assuming you’re Kai, nice to meet you.
I. HAVE. RETURNED.

RowletAlex
Rancher

Postby JasontheBasin » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:35 pm

"o boi more people!" Jason shouted enthusiastically

"so should we entr da hole now? who will go first?"

HAIL HIM.
JasontheBasin
Keeper

Postby bobschicken » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:38 pm

CrazeePi wrote:Well, I never got to really use this character so I'm recycling them.

Name: "Coolio the Wiz" (or "Coolio the Wizard" for short)
Race: "Cool" person
About: Coolio the Wizard is a wizard who always strives to be the coolest person around and, by extension, hip with the kids. They always speak as if they're someone who just came out of the 80s/90s.

They will most likely do something if they think it makes them look cooler, even if it might hinder them (such as their sunglasses and rollerskates) or get them hurt. Their absolute need to be cool is often off putting to others and they're rather ignorant about those around them.

They wear a bright magenta hoodie, with a bright yellow wizard hat, bright yellow roller skates, bright cyan pants, and bright cyan gloves. They have dark sunglasses with a black bandanna that says "MUSIC BAND" written in flaming white letters over their face.

Packed items:
Skateboard (medium)
Spray Can Relic (small) (Can spray paint any color and never runs out of paint)
Extra pair of Sunglasses (small)

Welcome.

Cactuses are cool now.
bobschicken
Rancher

Postby Noggy05 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:46 pm

You can... (pushes Jason into hole)
Lionmeow made my avatar!

Noggy05
Keeper

Next

Return to Far, Far Off-Topic