The fallen [Roleplay]

Community discussion unrelated to Slime Rancher

The fallen [Roleplay]

Postby TurtleDuDe48 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:36 pm

roleplays, i love em, not roleplaying in them, but for gods sake do i love the world building.
lets start off with a story

you and hundreds of explorers have gone on a journey to uncover the fallen, what are/is the fallen?
common folklore and rumors tell of a fallen race whom once ruled the earth millions of years ago, and yes. that means they walked the earth with those feathery NOT scaly beasts of the land. dinosaurs. but before the big extinction event. they had vanished, perhaps the fallen is just a legend. or a makebelieve fairytale but one thing is certain. they had left a message for us to uncover. a piece of treasure forgotten in time. many naive adventurers are wanting to get their hands on that treasure, good intention or bad someones gonna find it. its human nature to be curious.

Role format
Name:
self explanatory

self explanatory, but your age must be higher than 18

personality:

(please do not just write down traits with commas, such as:

funny, idiotic, highheaded.
try to fit it in a paragraph of writing such as:

jacob is a young hotheaded adventurer, brought up in the country side, he has always had an affinity for adventure and is full of energy.

tools:

if you could bring 3 items to a temple/ruins/whereever the fallen roamed, put them down (a gun may be one thing, but what about bullets? you cannot ask for bullets, you must specify, 2 bullets means 2 items are now unable to be used.

Flaws

remember, no mary sues/gary stues, no one likes a overpowered rper, include atleast 2, and again just like personalitys down just list them with commas. just remember being stubborn or having a temper, doesnt neccecarily work as flaws, try to intertwine them with your personality. such as:

jacobs ego makes him a laughing stock. cocky and prideful as can be, he never knows when to step down and realise life isnt a game, his unmatchable energy also makes him a bit more hard to connect as a person with.

boom.

apperance:
same as flaws and personality, but i will allow it to be listed.

intentions
why are you doing this? fame? money? fun?

heres a quick recap

Name
personality
tools
flaws
appearance

we arent done

map coordinates:

you decide your map co-ordinates

the line on the left is x
and the line on the bottom is y
each new pixel is a number (they alternate from white to black so they are easier to see)
so here is a visual representation

x10
x9
x8
x7
x6
x5
x4
x3
x2
x1
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
y y y y y y y y y y

if your co-ords are

x:10
y:10

it would mean you start off at where the + is.

x10 +
x9
x8
x7
x6
x5
x4
x3
x2
x 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
y y y y y y y y y y

now heres the actual grid

(still same principle left is x and bottom is y)

include your map co ords in your roleplay list.
and here is a final recap

Name
personality
tools
flaws
appearance
map: x: y:

finally, the rules.

1: dont be a mary sue (op)
2: dont spam
3: keep un-roleplay chat to a minimum, however if its asking a roleplay related questions etc it will be allowed
4: have fun roleplaying!

(hint, there are certain areas which will be discovered and in certain cords are traps etc.
Good luck everyone ;) )
all credit for drawing the Crystal slime belongs to Hachiseiko.

And remember kids. Stay in school and don't do drugs.

;)
TurtleDuDe48
Keeper

Re: The fallen [Roleplay]

Postby TurtleDuDe48 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:45 pm

you know what, screw it. i might as well roleplay

Name:
Ian

personality:
ian is a young man aspiring to become one of the greats, he is stubborn and adventurous, but when things get a bit to dangerious he isnt afraid of backing off, seen as a coward by other adventurers he typically explores alone, not because of his bad reputation, but his bad social skills.

tools:
a pocket knife
a backpack
a full 5 liter water bottle

flaws:
ians social skills are not the greatist, he is a bit more quiet and reserved then everyone. although he thinks well and is talented in theory, when it comes to actually trying to do the things he learns, he fails.

appearance:
scruffy and fluffy bed hair
black jacket
navy pants
sneakers.

intentions:
to become a great adventurer

map cords

x: 5
y: 2

;)

;)
TurtleDuDe48
Keeper

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:14 am

memes
Name: Nathan San-Ni
Personality: Brought up under the emotionless wing of The Union of Knowledge, Nathan (identity code 14-32A) has little in the form of personality, prefering to work rather than socialize - as you would expect from a member of a faction obsessed with scientific development. He is quick to defend his faction's actions, taking pride in their strength and influence. However, he will, as The Union's motto (apud persequentos autem scientia) do anything as long as it will help to further science, and can become fiercely loyal.
Tools:
• Union of Knowledge Standard MkII Multitool - A small, cylindrical object around the size of a pen with many function for a variety of applications.
• Union of Knowledge Field Relay Unit - a relatively small, again cylindrical object used for relaying small objects to and from Point Positive when required. About the size of a sofa cushion; carried on back.
• Union of Knowledge Standard 280cal Tablet Storage Capsule - A pill containment vessel containing exactly 25 280 calorie sustenance tablets.
Flaws: As noted, little stops Nathan from doing something if it will further science. This can lead to a variety of nightmare situations.
Alongside this, San-Ni is unlikely to trust anyone due to The Union's strong distaste for the Homeplanet (Earth), mainly due to the threat from The High Oregon Unite. Good luck getting any help from him.
Appearance:
• Union of Knowledge Level 2 Field Coat - A white linen coat/jacket with The Union of Knowledge logo (a UN-style Earth with head of wheat and microscope cross behind it) in grey. Water repellant, fire retardant, adjustably insulative and pretty much inpenatrable.
• Union of Knowledge Standard Trousers - Dark grey trousers. Boring beyond belief.
• Union of Knowledge Level 2 Field Cap - A traditional 'naval' cap in The Union's traditional cobalt and white. Impervious to lazer attacks thanks to silver nanoparticles in its fibres.
• Blackish-grey hair. Orderly to the point of insanity.
Intentions: To gain data about the Fallen for The Union of Knowledge in order to further science. Adup persequentos autem scientia!
Map Coords: (6,3)
WUOB
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby TurtleDuDe48 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:13 pm

TheGreciansHousehold wrote:memes
Personality: Brought up under the emotionless wing of The Union of Knowledge, Nathan (identity code 14-32A) has little in the form of personality, prefering to work rather than socialize - as you would expect from a member of a faction obsessed with scientific development. He is quick to defend his faction's actions, taking pride in their strength and influence. However, he will, as The Union's motto (apud persequentos autem scientia) do anything as long as it will help to further science, and can become fiercely loyal.
Tools:
• Union of Knowledge Standard MkII Multitool - A small, cylindrical object around the size of a pen with many function for a variety of applications.
• Union of Knowledge Field Relay Unit - a relatively small, again cylindrical object used for relaying small objects to and from Point Positive when required. About the size of a sofa cushion; carried on back.
• Union of Knowledge Standard 280cal Tablet Storage Capsule - A pill containment vessel containing exactly 25 280 calorie sustenance tablets.
Flaws: As noted, little stops Nathan from doing something if it will further science. This can lead to a variety of nightmare situations.
Alongside this, San-Ni is unlikely to trust anyone due to The Union's strong distaste for the Homeplanet (Earth), mainly due to the threat from The High Oregon Unite. Good luck getting any help from him.
Appearance:
• Union of Knowledge Level 2 Field Coat - A white linen coat/jacket with The Union of Knowledge logo (a UN-style Earth with head of wheat and microscope cross behind it) in grey. Water repellant, fire retardant, adjustably insulative and pretty much inpenatrable.
• Union of Knowledge Standard Trousers - Dark grey trousers. Boring beyond belief.
• Union of Knowledge Level 2 Field Cap - A traditional 'naval' cap in The Union's traditional cobalt and white. Impervious to lazer attacks thanks to silver nanoparticles in its fibres.
Intentions: To gain data about the Fallen for The Union of Knowledge in order to further science. Adup persequentos autem scientia!
WUOB

good job, accepted.

;)
TurtleDuDe48
Keeper

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:52 am

TurtleDuDe48 wrote:
TheGreciansHousehold wrote:memes
Tools:
Appearance:
WUOB

good job, accepted.

wubba lubba dub dub
My Fanon-Lore Posts

- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

I have no idea where that came from but I'll run with it.

Postby CrazeePi » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:04 pm

TheGreciansHousehold wrote:wubba lubba dub dub

Is that true?
If an admin or such sees this please delete this account. I did not see any way to delete this account in the settings.
CrazeePi
Keeper

Postby bobschicken » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:30 pm

Name: Tesla v2
personality: Like unlike creator unit Tesla v1, Tesla v2 is very sarcastic and snarky, he is looking to earn the fame and respect like his father for being the first fully sentient robot on the face of the earth, while satisfying his crave for information in the process.
tools:

NanoTrasen Robo-Recharge cell
A small cell with an adapter that fits on the back of a robot's neck that allows Tesla to charge himself with the energy in it,

Exonet Uplink (2 slots?)
2 small wireless connecters, one connects to a modem, or any other piece of hardware (if they have the certain connection port) and one that connects to the back of tesla's head. allows tesla to "uplink" and manipulate computers.

flaws:
Tesla as said before is snarky and rude, he isn't really the social type, unless being a little social can allow him an advantage. He's rode the coattails of his creator unit, he'll ride the coattails of anyone else. but that doesn't mean tesla will completely shun friends.

Tesla runs on an internal powercell that can hold a 3 day's charge. if he were to lose charge, he'd have to disable a few subsystems to keep charge, that potentially means turning off cooling, hearing, and speech.

appearance
"Explorer Shell"
Unlike the lightly armored Skeletal shells of the past, Tesla's "Explorer Shell" is a Steel Frame covered With Metal Plates, and some sort of Synthetic Weave around the Joints. his head is a box monitor displaying a blocky cube that looks and moves like an eyeball. although there are 2 small cameras on the "forehead" of the head.

Red T-Shirt
A plain red T-Shirt with a hole in the back where Tesla's cooling fan is.

Grey Shorts,

Casual grey shorts.

Sneakers.

Nondescript black sneakers.
I can S.P.L.A.T into action!

I thank Hachiseiko for my (First) Avatar
Cactuses are cool now.
bobschicken
Rancher

Postby TurtleDuDe48 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:56 am

bobschicken wrote:Name: Tesla v2
personality: Like unlike creator unit Tesla v1, Tesla v2 is very sarcastic and snarky, he is looking to earn the fame and respect like his father for being the first fully sentient robot on the face of the earth, while satisfying his crave for information in the process.
tools:

NanoTrasen Robo-Recharge cell
A small cell with an adapter that fits on the back of a robot's neck that allows Tesla to charge himself with the energy in it,

Exonet Uplink (2 slots?)
2 small wireless connecters, one connects to a modem, or any other piece of hardware (if they have the certain connection port) and one that connects to the back of tesla's head. allows tesla to "uplink" and manipulate computers.

flaws:
Tesla as said before is snarky and rude, he isn't really the social type, unless being a little social can allow him an advantage. He's rode the coattails of his creator unit, he'll ride the coattails of anyone else. but that doesn't mean tesla will completely shun friends.

Tesla runs on an internal powercell that can hold a 3 day's charge. if he were to lose charge, he'd have to disable a few subsystems to keep charge, that potentially means turning off cooling, hearing, and speech.

appearance
"Explorer Shell"
Unlike the lightly armored Skeletal shells of the past, Tesla's "Explorer Shell" is a Steel Frame covered With Metal Plates, and some sort of Synthetic Weave around the Joints. his head is a box monitor displaying a blocky cube that looks and moves like an eyeball. although there are 2 small cameras on the "forehead" of the head.

Red T-Shirt
A plain red T-Shirt with a hole in the back where Tesla's cooling fan is.

Grey Shorts,

Casual grey shorts.

Sneakers.

Nondescript black sneakers.

acceptted (although you didnt input a map co-ord, ill give you a random one)

;)
TurtleDuDe48
Keeper

Postby bobschicken » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:25 pm

Bump? (i really want this RP to not die)

Cactuses are cool now.
bobschicken
Rancher

Postby CrazeePi » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:11 pm

Name:
"Coolio the Wiz" (or "Coolio the Wizard" for short)

Personality:
Coolio the Wizard is a wizard who always strives to be the coolest person around and, by extension, hip with the kids. They always speak as if they're someone who just came out of the 80s/90s.

Tools:
Skateboard
Cans of bright yellow, magenta, and cyan spray paint
Pizza Staff, summons pizza out of thin air

Flaws:
Coolio the Wiz will most likely do something if they think it makes them look cooler, even if it might hinder them (such as their sunglasses and rollerskates) or get them hurt. Their absolute need to be cool is often off putting to others and they're rather ignorant about those around them.

Appearance:
Coolio the Wiz wears a bright magenta hoodie, with a bright yellow wizard hat, bright yellow roller skates, bright cyan pants, and bright cyan gloves. They have dark sunglasses with a black bandanna that says "MUSIC BAND" written in flaming white letters over their face.

Intentions:
They think it'll make them seem cooler if they get it.

Map coordinates:
Random
Last edited by CrazeePi on Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If an admin or such sees this please delete this account. I did not see any way to delete this account in the settings.
CrazeePi
Keeper

Postby RowletAlex » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:01 pm

Name: Jules Alexander
Personality: A foodie/bookie with a passion for nature, Jules' third favorite book is Journey to the Center of the Earth, writen by Jules Verne (his namesake) He can be slightly crazy at times, but he has genuinely good intentions, and upon befriending someone, he will do everything he can to protect them when they are in a dangerous situation. He often plays Pokemon and ARK: survival evolved, and doesn't give a fig about what people think about either franchise (unless they like it)

Tools: Pocket Knife, Bowdrill kit, a homemade net gun, some tinfoil, a bullwhip, and a pair of climbing picks.

Flaws: He often insists on doing something his way ("I don't care that you have a lighter, I'm making a bowdrill fire and that's FINAL") and he's slightly obsessed with the fallen. He is difficult to anger, but when he is angered, he gets REALLY ANGRY. He is prideful about his survival skills (which are honestly modest at best) and is just a little bit vain. He hates being judged with a passion. He's also slightly pyromaniacal.

Appearance: Wears a dark blue collared shirt, an Indiana Jones style hat, and khaki shorts. Wears hiking sandals all the time. He wears a watch, and occasionally simple grey nail polish. Has pale skin that's often slightly sunburned, and dark blue eyes.

Intentions: To discover as many new species as possible, become semi-famous in the scientific community thanks to his discoveries, hopefully get inspiration for a good novel along the way, and end up with a house in Hawaii (and also maybe get rich if the opportunity presents itself, and then donate all the money to as many charities as he can think of)

Map co-ords: Random
Last edited by RowletAlex on Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
I. HAVE. RETURNED.

All ur chikkins r belong to bOB

“Oh give me a home, where the tree-foxes roam...”
RowletAlex
Rancher

Postby TurtleDuDe48 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:24 pm

CrazeePi wrote:Name:
"Coolio the Wiz" (or "Coolio the Wizard" for short)

Personality:
Coolio the Wizard is a wizard who always strives to be the coolest person around and, by extension, hip with the kids. They always speak as if they're someone who just came out of the 80s/90s.

Tools:
Skateboard
Cans of bright yellow, magenta, and cyan spray paint
Pizza Staff, summons pizza out of thin air

Flaws:
Coolio the Wiz will most likely do something if they think it makes them look cooler, even if it might hinder them (such as their sunglasses and rollerskates) or get them hurt. Their absolute need to be cool is often off putting to others and they're rather ignorant about those around them.

Appearance:
Coolio the Wiz wears a bright magenta hoodie, with a bright yellow wizard hat, bright yellow roller skates, bright cyan pants, and bright cyan gloves. They have dark sunglasses with a black bandanna that says "MUSIC BAND" written in flaming white letters over their face.

Intentions:
They think it'll make them seem cooler if they get it.

Map coordinates:
Random

accepted:
although you gotta take 2 items off, its 3 max

RowletAlex wrote:Name: Jules Alexander
Personality: A foodie/bookie with a passion for nature, Jules' third favorite book is Journey to the Center of the Earth, written by Jules Verne (his namesake) He can be slightly crazy at times, but he has genuinely good intentions, and upon befriending someone, he will do everything he can to protect them when they are in a dangerous situation. He often plays Pokemon and ARK: survival evolved, and doesn't give a fig about what people think about either franchise (unless they like it)

Tools: Pocket Knife, Bowdrill kit, a homemade net gun, an old fashioned kerosene lamp, a rubber band ball, a small metal pot, tinfoil, a bullwhip, and a pair of climbing picks.

Flaws: He often insists on doing something his way ("I don't care that you have a lighter, I'm making a bowdrill fire and that's FINAL") and he's slightly obsessed with the fallen. He is difficult to anger, but when he is angered, he gets REALLY ANGRY. He is prideful about his survival skills (which are honestly modest at best) and is just a little bit vain. He hates being judged with a passion. He's also slightly pyromaniacal.

Appearance: Wears a dark blue collared shirt, an Indiana Jones style hat, and khaki shorts. Wears hiking sandals all the time. He wears a watch, and occasionally simple grey nail polish. Has pale skin that's often slightly sunburned, and dark blue eyes.

Intentions: To discover as many new species as possible, become semi-famous in the scientific community thanks to his discoveries, hopefully get inspiration for a good novel along the way, and end up with a house in Hawaii (and also maybe get rich if the opportunity presents itself)

Map co-ords: Random

same with crazeepi. take away 6 items. 3 max.
Last edited by TurtleDuDe48 on Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

;)
TurtleDuDe48
Keeper

Postby TurtleDuDe48 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:34 pm

here is the map. certain points are color coded to signal that they are being explored by someone

Green: TheGreciansHousehold
Purple: ME
Darkblue: BobsChickens
Red: Crazeepi
yellow: rowlet

;)
TurtleDuDe48
Keeper

Postby CrazeePi » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:16 am

How about a special can of spray paint that contains yellow, magenta, and cyan paint and can spray them all separately?

Because with only one can I can't deface ancient ruins with terrible graffiti as well.

EDIT: Resized the map below.

Last edited by CrazeePi on Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CrazeePi
Keeper

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:08 am

Here's a fancy map
My Fanon-Lore Posts

- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby bobschicken » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:32 am

Small question, where is this general area? are we in some giant cave? small field? an uncovered ruin of an unknown city?

Cactuses are cool now.
bobschicken
Rancher

Postby TurtleDuDe48 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:15 pm

oh, the general area is a jungle. of course, there are 2 exceptions. areas to become explored. although i wont drop any more hints.

im thinking after one more person makes a role. ill start the rp.

;)
TurtleDuDe48
Keeper

Postby CrazeePi » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:12 am

I guess that's a yes to the spray paint...?
CrazeePi
Keeper

Postby Randomtangle » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:56 am

Really complex.
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!

Are you still here?
This is tiny.
Randomtangle
Treefox

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:16 pm

Randomtangle wrote:Really complex.

wat
My Fanon-Lore Posts

- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby TurtleDuDe48 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:54 pm

oh, yes sorry. that is a yes to your spray can

;)
TurtleDuDe48
Keeper

Postby CrazeePi » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:13 pm

Should we start? It doesn't appear that anyone else is joining.
CrazeePi
Keeper

Postby TurtleDuDe48 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:18 pm

i guess we'll start.

;)
TurtleDuDe48
Keeper

Postby CrazeePi » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:02 pm

Coolio the Wiz, having no idea how to introduce themselves into this roleplay, decides to graffiti a nearby large rock with "COOLIO THE WIZ!" They then take a step back and say "Rad, dude," as they admire their terrible graffiti.
CrazeePi
Keeper

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:17 am

"14-32A to Point Positive Field Command. Repeat - 14-32A to Point Positive Field Command." Nathan spoke into his multitool, low static spitting from the speaker. "Field Relay successful. Ready for orders."

A muffled voice replied, and Nathan turned to explore the area.
My Fanon-Lore Posts

- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Next

Return to Far, Far Off-Topic