Introduce Yourself!

Community discussion unrelated to Slime Rancher

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Postby marcvermette » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:41 pm

Hey, my name is Marc but I go by Zephyr on Steam (https://steamcommunity.com/id/marcvermette, if you play CS:GO add me). I came across slime rancher while watching a 'let's play' by Splattercat Gaming. I emailed Monomi Park asking about the new game and they directed me here. I'm glad they did. I hope to become an active player and bug squasher of this game. I can't wait to see how it will turn out.
Cheers! :)
[the treefox waits silently for her return, but knows in its heart she is gone.]
marcvermette
Rancher

Postby Sizzothegreat » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:33 am

Hi there! My name is Sizzo, Sizzothegreat! my interests are watching Anime, Playing a LOT of video games. I watch a ton of youtube as well and keep up constantly with at least 20 youtubers. i stumbled upon this game when i noticed that PSJ (paulsaursjr) had released a video on it. 5 minutes in and i was HOOKED. instantly found the download forum, registered, and began trying to play myself. after some time i have played it and i am in LOVE. i absolutely love the tarr, and hope maybe i can farm them one day. my favorite color is blue tho, so my most favorites are just blue slimes. from the spikey, to the little water slime in the moss blanket. i will do any sort of bug finding i can once ive completely played through with all of the features so far, and what i think would be a good addition to this game. I hope this game does not flunk like other early access games have done, as i would love to see this bad boy on steam for sale one day.
Sizzothegreat
Plort

Postby ImEvenSteven » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:58 am

Hey folks! Much like Sizzo above, I found SR via PaulSoaresJr's YT channel. After a quick bit of searching, I landed here and quickly downloaded the game.

Unfortunately, I am stuck at the office for the next several hours, so I wont get to dive in until later this evening. ;)

See you around the forums! :)
ImEvenSteven
Plort

Postby ADcrafter » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:10 pm

Hello, i'm Alexander, but call me ADcrafter for now.

I'm usually late at everything, and probably no one may know me (Naturespawn), but i was a little guild leader in Spiral Knight, with happy and silly ways to keep members together that never worked, after all , i always liked to make anything into a drama, and when i left, there wasnt a more ridiculous way to say "goodbye", and, after giving everything i had to the ones i trusted the most, i left to never be seen again. (Okay, getting dramatic again), I became a indie games supporter, and for months i tried to find a nice community where i could get some friends, waste some tea and support the games we liked. Well, that never really happen. Will it happen now?

Discover in the next episode of... argh, again with the drama.

I'm the kind of guy that tries to work hard, at least when has time. In times right now, i'll be spending my time trying to support the forum.
Last edited by ADcrafter on Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
money is the barrier of dreams.
ADcrafter
Rancher

Postby Skylark » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:18 pm

Hello! It's Annilaton here, former Spiral Knights player.

I like to compose music and make art, and I love making games. Ever since I heard about Nick becoming a treefox, I just had to trail his game and bam! Here I am, jelly ranchers. At the time I am also managing school. ;p

Ever since Nick left Spiral Knights I've been sort of out of touch, so that is one of the main reasons I quit. But now I am glad the pre alpha is released and I am able to playtest this game with all my old SK friends. :)
Skylark
Plort

Postby Ignia » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:42 pm

Hello. My name is Ignia, I am definitely a gamer. I also like camping, hiking, and biking. I love animals of all sorts, especially cats and dogs, but also mice, lizards, fish... I play lots of games, but mainly Monster Hunter and Minecraft. I tried Spiral Knights, but I didn't l- Ow! What the- Ow! Stop throwing things at- Ow!
*Ahem*
This isn't my first alpha/beta game (and Minecraft wasn't my only one), but it is the only one I've truly contributed to. My favorite slime is the tabby slime, because it's harmless and adorable, and my favorite thing is the open world/gathering resources.
Ignia
Plort

Postby torneko98 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:51 pm

Hey there. Torneko98 here. Yeah, it's just the screenname, but hey, it's the internet, so that's all I'm giving. =p
That gotten out of the way, I am a gamer of sorts. Been so ever since the days of the NES, really. What games do I play...? erm... if I try and list them ALL, I'm gonna be here for hours on end, methinks. I've got a Spiral Knights bit on Steam, yes... it has been a long time since I picked it back up again. Had an ex who played, but after that bit of bad memories was finally left in the past... well... soloing in am MMO isn't quite as fun for me as it might be for others.
Is this my first alpha/beta sort of thing...?
... short answer, no, not really.
Longer, in a way, Minecraft, bought in back in the Alpha days for that sucker, Starbound, Early Access/Beta testing. It's amazing how many glitches a Glitch can end up running afoul of.
My favorite slime...? Hmm... Do Largo varieties count? Tabby-Boom Largos are just a lovably chaotic mix of cute and potential mayhem. ^_^ If not, then the rocky slime is a definite pick. ... if for no other reason then them ending up reminding me of a certain hedgehog. =p
torneko98
Plort

Postby foussi » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:37 am

Hi i am foussi . Thats my username.
I am gamer and gardener . I love mmorpgs and my first was maplestory. I STILL LOVE IT. I want to buy an playstation 4 and i have an Wii u. You should know that i am furry trash and artist.
I have like 20 species of plants. My favourite things that i do is watching anime.

Mhh i played the beta phase of Wafku were EVERYTHING DIDNT NEED REAL LIFE CASH.
My favourite slimes are the puddle slime and the honey slime and the tabby slime. KAWAII DESU

My english isnt so good because i am a native german speaker.
foussi
Rancher

Postby OMGZombehs » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:21 am

• I'm OMGZombehs, called Zombehs or Zombs usually.

• The stuff I'm into: all kinds of games and game dev, lots of books, biology, art, and more I can't think of...

• Favorite things are drying off in the sun after a day swimming, a hot cup of tea on a cloudy day... I have too many favorite books and movies to list. (Basically anything with fun adventures and punny humor.)

• Other games I play are: Minecraft, Viridi, Subnautica, Sunless Sea, Pokemon Shuffle, Pokemon TCG Online...

• I was a part of the Pokemon TCG Online Closed Beta.

• Favorite slime is the Phosphor slime, and my favorite thing about Slime Rancher is the art style. Roundy smooth textures are so nice.
Whee! Whoa! Woo hoo!
OMGZombehs
Rancher

Postby skydart » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:46 am

Hi@all, I am Ralf and probably one of the older slime ranchers around (50+, *sigh*).

Next to games I am into many things around S/F and Fantasy, so I like reading such stuff as well as watching movies.
Of course I like cake (who doesn't?) and pudding (like Nep-Nep does) and clear weather, because then I can see the stars. Among other things these inspire me to write poems, which I do quite often...
I just like to play games - RPGs, Adventures, Jump'n'Runs, Shooters, "Minecraft"-like games... Maybe I play a bit too much. Right now I play the "Hyperdimension Neptunia" series and Starbound - plus try to herd slimes :)
I did several Alpha/Beta games before, so I know what to expect and I think it is cool to see games growing while helping to catch those nasty bugs.

Since I only started yesterday I haven't seen many slimes yet. Somehow all are cute - well, apart from the evil black ones. What I like about the game (and what got me hooked in an instant, when watching a video about it) is the flow of the game. Peaceful and relaxing, if one want it that way - or more adventure, if that is what one seeks. Plus it is so very cute :)
skydart
Rancher

Postby Sunkiller32 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:03 am

This is Sunkiller32, but just note me as 'Sun'.

My interest is on gaming, any sport that consist with hitter and the ball, action or epic movies.
i do have 'gaming' season, which means over the spring I like to play management games; on summer, action shooter games; fall and winter: open map games...etc.

I play various games, currently I am playing shooter games Helldivers and project zomboid

I wouldn't say this is my first alpha-beta game:
I did play other games such as prison architect, factorio, rimworld, starbound, project zomboid...
Unlike slime rancher, I am actually contributing on F2 the bug report on slime rancher game.

My favorite slime so far is hybrid with boom and honey slime. So epic like a golden bomb.
My favorite thing about slime rancher is many things such as music, art...but I like the most slimes smile's.
Sunkiller32
Plort

Postby DeltaStorm » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:29 am

- My name is Tomm (Second M intentional, best parents :/)

- Have a guess.

- My favorite thing? Eh, probably eating the entire local buffet's supply

- Well I play TF2, Pokemon, some Minecraft, and if I feel like playing it, Prison Architect. Oh but I also play Slime Rancher, i'm sure you've never heard of it.

- No. My first Alpha game was my own game, mate.

- Honey Phosphor Largo. And any game where you can stuff adorable and lovable things into a horrible enviroment, force-feed them, make them crap out valuable crap, and then sell it, is a game you can sell to me. I also call this game 'EA Simulator 2016'
DeltaStorm
Rancher

Postby blaise2003 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:06 pm

Hey there! I'm Blaise2003! I just recently bought the game so I can play into the alphas and all that. And, yes, I did play Spiral Knights. I am a big fan of JRPGS, and just RPGS in general. I like to collect and play old consoles and all that. So, feel free too ask me to play a game or somethin' wit ya! (hehe)
Professional Slime Rancher.

totally.
blaise2003
Plort

Postby SevJakobs » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:43 pm

Hello, I go by Sev mostly or Sev Jakobs in most games. I used to played Eve Online quite a bit for about 2 years. Burnt out mostly on breaking games down to mechanics and math now, I mostly try to immerse myself inside even if its not the most productive or efficient way possible. Slime Rancher is one of them games where I can go that and relax and enjoy myself.

Hobbies: I'm lucky enough I get to do my hobby for a living I guess, I problem solve issues/defects then fix those issues. Mostly mechanical/electrical.

Favorite Games: Metal Gear Solid, Halo , Galaga, Havest Moon, Dark souls, Poke'mon Red/Blue/Yellow, Elder scrolls, Fallout, ummm there a few others just cant think not enough MT. Dew in me atm.

Movies: Water World, Star wars, Reign of Fire a few more not a big movie person too much time playing games

Favorite slime: Boom Slimes cuz I relate to them.
Made of stone, they watch your sins. Just add water.
SevJakobs
Chickadoo

Postby asdfghjklinkin » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:37 pm

I'm Linkin, or you can call me Flower. Either is fine, but I hate nicknames.

I just kind of exist, really. Don't do too much.

I like cute things. I like being cute. That's all I got.

Oops, no Spiral Knights. But my favourite game is OFF, which is a french RPGmaker game that's pretty strange.

First alpha/beta, yep.

Honey slimes. And puddle slimes. And the soundtrack/environment is pretty neat.
I'm Linkin.
asdfghjklinkin
Rancher

Postby Nunn » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:11 pm

I go by Nunn, NunnDuuRaah or Nunncitrus (that's my name in spiral knights).

I want to get into the game making field. But don't really know were to start. Also not the biggest math fan, So I don't think that bodes well for me :/.

I like all kinds of things. I love writing (hmm, might make a poetry corner here). I wanted to be a zoologist when I was a kid. So I collected a ton of animal encyclopedias and what not over time. Don't want to be a zoologist anymore. But my animal experience got me a job that really changed my life for the better. Love comedy, ranging from crude toilet humor, to the more subtle forms. Also, I LOVE pokemon!! Caught em' all!

I'm playing this, Skyrim, Jurassic World the game and pokemon. I used to play spiral knights. Can't remember the exact date of when I started. But I was when everyone got the blue/gold sword and shield. Honor stuff was it? I played on and off for a few years but quit because of bad lag. I adore pokemon and am getting ind of ticked they have not announced Z yet :/.

This is my first alpha. I played the "Legacy of a Thousan Suns" beta. But that doesn't really count. It was labeled as "Beta" for years XD.

I love the puddle slimes. So low maintenance and unique in the way they work. Best way to make cash IMO. And they're cute. I really like exploring all the new things in this game. Trying to uncover hints about what's to come with my trusty jetpack. And just glad to be part of it at such an important time.
Nunn
Rancher

Postby Blazekop12 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:53 pm

I've been on these forums for quite a while now so I guess I should introduce myself xD
-Hello, I go by the name of Blazekop12 around these parts. That is my go to name for everything!
-One of my favorite hobbies is gaming
-I love Sci-Fi, Reading, and playing video games
-I enjoy TF2, Crashlands, Minecraft, Slime Rancher (OF COURSE), and loads of nintendo games.
-This is not my first alpha/beta game, I was quite into toontown rewritten for a while.
-My favorite slime is the rock slime and my favorite thing about slime rancher is exploring!
Blazekop12
Rancher

Postby luckyloomagu » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:07 pm

Hello, I am Luckyloomagu.

I play so much other stuff it's hard to list...

My fav slimes are honey + tabby largos, because it gives you diabetes just looking at it!

This is actually not my first alpha/beta game, the other one WAS Nuclear Throne, but then it got released, it was a VERY fun ride tho, because a couple of suggestions got in.
luckyloomagu
Chickadoo

Postby Kaite20 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:42 am

Hello, there! I'm Kaite20, and you may or may not recognize me. More likely not... *nervous laughter*

Anyway, I'm an role-player on tumblr, and plan on being a graphic artist someday. I'm also a gamer, often liking the more bizarre, obscure, and adorable games, though I do dip into quite a few popular franchises too. I was brought here by a Dragon Quest Forum, which is pretty fitting because Nick said Dragon Quest's slimes were an inspiration!

As for Slime Rancher itself, I think it's my first pre-alpha/beta I have tried. I'd love to see quite a few of the ideas on this forum implemented into Slime Rancher; after all, you can't have too many slimes!
Kaite20
Rancher

Postby 43Darknero » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:08 am

what's a guideline
Name's Robert, I love to play games, wish I could get a job. I like to be a community friend like on here. I have many friends that I love to talk to. If you ever see me you'll see a big guy who's always slouched over. I have depression but I'm coping with it. I look to the next day always because something new is always ahead. Honestly I wish I could have a better life but that's life. Slime rancher has opened my eyes a bit on what it's like to be a care taker for a creature that is in a game. I may seem like a downer sometimes but that's my anxiety. I don't want to hurt others or make them do stuff for me because I feel like that. Your future is always in your hands and everything around you molds it. I may seem alone, but I'm not. I have a lot of people who care about me, and I make sure people get cared for, because it's not fun to be alone. idk, just... be good okay.
Tabby slimes are too cute I made dis http://fav.me/d9pfb3b
Thought of a slime called Angelic. Check it out!
http://forums.monomipark.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=883
Avatar by http://forums.monomipark.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=16677
43Darknero
Rancher

Postby Shadowkitsune » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:41 am

Hello! I'm ShadowKitsune, if you see me around the forums feel free to call me ShadowKit, or just Shadow if you feel like it, because ShadowKitsune is a bit much to type out. I've also been a member of the forums for a while (as you can probably tell from m profile), but have only just started being an active forum member!

As far as games go, I've played a ton. Naming everything would cause you to read this post for a week and a half! However, Currently, I've got my hands on Viva Pinata TIP after my brother buying an Xbox One and can't seem to put the thing down (except for Slime Rancher that is!). I'm also a Monster Hunter FANATIC, so if you want to hunt or need help farming that pesky gogmazios I'll see what I can do! Also, I'll accept rants or hunting stories about those special hunts any day!

I'm also quite artistic and do anything from painting to digital work! If you're also into art, feel free to show me any of you're work! I'm always on the hunt for inspiration, and I love looking at the art other people make! Currently, I'm working on a 20x16 inch stippling of a python for my Senior Portfolio class so anything commission-wise has been shut down due to my hand being in a state of DED.

FINALLY, my favorite slime species has to be Phosphor slimes because it's just so soothing to see their little, smiling faces floating around lighting up the night!
Life Goal: Not get carpel tunnel from stippling 3 hours straight
Probably the most antisocial, sarcastic, shenanigan-inducing human to ever exist-- until you start talking about animals, or music, or art. . . Then I won't shut up. . .
Shadowkitsune
Chickadoo

Postby AeroHail » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:05 am

- Hi there! I'm Ava. You can call me Aero or Aerohail if you'd like!

- My passions are toy photography, digital art (you can find my dA in my signature~), video games, action figures and plushies!

- My fave things to take photos of are action figures and dolls! With cakes, if possible hee hee! I also love taking photos of Pokémon figures.
Chu~ by Avalon Jane, on Flickr
Sweet Dunsparce by Avalon Jane, on Flickr

- Other games I play are:
Undertale
Animal Crossing
Pokémon
Pokémon mystery dungeon
Journey
Phoenix Wright

- Slime rancher is my first alpha/beta game! X3

- Fave slime is the honey tabby combo. Ahh so cute! I'm loving this game so far, it's so relaxing and the music is great.
AeroHail
Rancher

Postby Albalrogue » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:03 pm

Hi I'm Albalrogue (Alba for short), my interrests are sliming ranchers, I mean ranching slimes, but other than that I love music (the headbanging kind) and drawing.
My favorite things are the magnificent 24/7 rain that falls down on us bretons and star wars (obviously).
Game wise I mainly play Warframe and Pokémon.
It is my first alpha game and I'm looking forward watching slime rancher grow.

My favorite slime is one that I created called the wooly slime, basicaly a brown hairy slime who's eyes are comered in hair (a bit like swinub) and having drawn a few largos, fuse it with a honey slime and it would be a bumble bee (so cute). So my favorite slime would be the honey slime and my favorite thing about slime rancher is that is so adorable and it's nice to play a game like this once in awhile. :)
Albalrogue
Rancher

Postby ScreenFlare » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:10 pm

Hi everyone! I'm ScreenFlare. I go by Screen or Flare; either works just the same. I'm currently studying Computer Science in college.

My interests include (but aren't limited to) video games, anime, mythology, computer stuff, and space. I could always be more enthusiastic about spacey-things, yet video games and anime seem to occupy most of my time. Music-wise, I'll listen to pretty much any genre except rap.

My favorite things (mostly video games and anime) in this world are Pokemon, Harry Potter, and Love Live. Books are always fantastic as well. Pudding is wonderful, but eggplants are bad. Never trust an eggplant.

I play many other games. Some of my favorites are Hyperdimension Neptunia, the Pokemon series, the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series, Left 4 Dead 2, Mount & Blade: Warband, Plants vs. Zombies, and Civilization V. I also enjoy playing various MMOs and reading visual novels. The list goes on and on.

Slime Rancher is not even close to being my first alpha/beta game. I've played 7 Days to Die, Starbound, Rust, Minecraft, Space Engineers, and Universe Sandbox^2 among many others.

My favorite slime has to be the puddle slime. It just sort of floats around, always smiling like the blob of adorableness it is. My favorite thing about Slime Rancher is that it's so stable despite being in such an early stage of development. It's commendable to say the least.

If you'd like, feel free to add me on Steam. I'm always grateful to have new friends! Just let me know you're from this forum.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/ScreenFlare/
Don't be a dumb.
ScreenFlare
Plort

Postby Nexmaster7 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:47 pm

- Tell us your name (simple but it's a sentence)
Greetings one and all! I am Nexmaster7... You may call me Nex.

- Your Interest (Hobbies, Game/Movie Genres, Sports)
My interests are drawing (still trying to get good at it...), gaming, and role playing (still trying my best to get past a few sentences...).

- Your favourite things (Cakes, Weather, Movie)
My favorite thing is pizza. Because it's pizza.

- What other games do you play?
I play Runescape, World of Warcraft (which reminds me... I need to get more game time...), Dungeons and Dragons, Dungeons and Dragons: Neverwinter (Yes, this is seporate from D&D. It's a game on the Xbox One and PC), Minecraft, Starbound, Terraria, Pokemon Omega Ruby, Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, Halo, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4, Halo Reach, etc.

- Is this your first Alpha/Beta game?
Heavens no, I've lost count of the games I've alpha tested or beta tested for... though the last game I tested was, ugh... Space Engineers (Don't get me wrong, it's a good game... but it's been in Early Access on steam for almost 3 years... and it's about as optomised as trying to shove a rock the size of Jupiter into a hole the size of your pocket.).

- Favourite slime and Favourite thing about Slime Rancher
Favorite Slime? Wait, I have to choose one? Dang... I'd have to say the Honey slime, because they're so sweet~
Nexmaster7
Rancher

PreviousNext

Return to Far, Far Off-Topic