Introduce Yourself!

Community discussion unrelated to Slime Rancher

Introduce Yourself!

Postby Blazing » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:59 pm

If we're going to be squishing these bugs and spitting out the feedback, I thought we might as well get to know each other!

A bit stuck? No worries here is a short guideline you can use:
- Tell us your name (simple but it's a sentence)
- Your Interest (Hobbies, Game/Movie Genres, Sports)
- Your favourite things (Cakes, Weather, Movie [spoiler](*we all know it's Star Wars*)[/spoiler]
- What other games do you play? (Spiral Knights should be the only answer here -hint -hint)
- Is this your first Alpha/Beta game?
- Favourite slime and Favourite thing about Slime Rancher

Add anything else that comes to your mind be creative

Hi there I go by the gamer tag Blazing360 nowadays, some of you may know me as Rotflol from Spiral Knights. Yes I play alot of Spiral Knights and I'm still an active player (been there since 2012) send me a friend invite if you please. If you want me on steam it's http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blazing360 and I also play War Thunder (under the Rotflol tag).
I casually code for a Pokemon Showdown server (Competitive Esport Pokemon Battle Simulator) so I know HTML5 and a good bit of JavaScript. You can find me here http://sora.psim.us/ just ask for a user called Blade. (Pssssst don't use a Linux/Ubuntu command line based server. It's really annoying and with git it's even worse)

Yes I'm a big Star Wars fan and YES you should go watch Episode 7, J.J. Abrams did a tremendously great job with it. KEEP THIS THREAD SPOILERS FREE FOR OTHERS. Favourite episode is A New Hope (4) and love cake, lots of cake. Slime Rancher at some point must include cake Nick >.>

I've done other alpha/beta testing before and Slime Rancher is proving to be on the more stable side of this whole messy universe. Finally favourite slime is the Tabby Slime, they are just so cute, fluffy and cuddly!
See you out on the Ranch, Blazing out
Do hit us up at The Sora League's Pokemon Showdown Server.
We are currently opened for Challengers and Members.
Hit the link above and be magically teleported to our server.

Youtube, Steam

See you on the Ranch!
Blazing
Chickadoo

Hey there!

Postby Krakob » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:17 pm

A bunch of you probably already know me as Krakob, the stupid guy who brings swords to gun fights in Spiral Knights. For those of you who don't know me, I'm Krakob, the stupid guy who brings swords to gun fights in Spiral Knights. I've been playing Spiral Knights since 2011 and I've played a whole bunch of other games before and after that. Other than gaming, I've spent a decent while as a hobby programmer (primarily Python) and I've dabbled a bit in game development earlier in my youth (primarily Game Maker, some Unity and Unreal Engine more recently).

Right now I'm trying to do my best helping Monomi out with testing, making a HTPC, procrastinating various projects and managing school.
Krakob
Admin

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Postby AutofireII » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:55 pm

Autofire the Second, here! Well, I'm actually still Autofire in a lot of places...like Spiral Knights. But I've been going by AutofireII lately because I"m finding that Autofire is a common name among the web and I wanted to make it a little more...unique. I don't even check if Autofire is available anymore, because I'd like to fully switch to AutofireII if possible. But enough on names.

I'm a novice game designer! Still a little wet behind the ears, but I'm ready to learn. So far I've at least thought about 3 different Spiral Knights fangames (4, if you count a card game, but that never got far). Unfortunately, in the interest of time and money, I'm making a truly unique game, to give myself more flexibility. One day, I will come back to Elemedals/SpiralBound/Clockworks Slipstream...I hope.

Favorite things? Well, German cheesecake is delicious, and I can never say no to mint candy.

I've been playing a lot of Hearthstone lately. I've also been trying Magic: The Gathering, and I recently played through Dust: An Elysian Trail. Currently having a blast with the Megaman X Collection.

My true first beta game, as well as first multiplayer experience, was Lego Universe. I had a total blast, and when Lego Universe switched to a subscriber model, I was hungry for another multiplayer game. That's when my brother got into the Spiral Knights beta and sent my an invite. The rest is history.

Tabby/Rock Largos are so adorable...and their mischievous ways gives them a sort of personality.
You are experiencing a PICNIC ERROR!
AutofireII
Chickadoo

Postby Biosaur » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:47 pm

Hello, I'm Biosaur! It's practically the only name I use, but if I make a second account for anything (For whatever reason), or if "Biosaur" is taken, I go with "Terranosaur" or "Ignosaur".

I've played Spiral Knights for about 5 years by now, and it's my favorite (and first) MMORPG. I don't play it that often anymore, and I'm kind of sad to see that
haven is so empty nowadays. Currently, I play a lot of League of Legends.

This is my first alpha/beta game so far (as far as I can remember), so I'm really excited about this.

And my favorite slime is the puddle slime, because it's so special!
Slime poop is valuable, use it wisely
Biosaur
Chickadoo

It's 2:30am wut am i even doing

Postby Hexlash » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:26 am

I'm Hexlash, from Spiral Knights (joined 2012, 2013?).

I coincidentally also program, mainly in Java.

I think Tabbies are the cutest since they jump toward you with that adorable face, unless they're rock tabbies that impale you upon contact.

I've played Minecraft in Beta, not that that really meant anything to me. Helping playtest this game in pre-Alpha makes me feel useful, so....
Hexlash
Rancher

Postby spacepuffin » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:35 am

Hello! My name is Spacepuffin, and I started playing spiral knights about 3-4 years ago.

At the time I found the art style and music very immersive, quirky, and beautiful. It was my first MMORPG, and still is my favourite. However, I never really got that far (I'm the kind of player who takes it slow) before the game started running out of steam, and a lot of players started quitting. Not much content was being added, and I felt really sad that such a fun, wonderful game was dying. I heard that one of the main developers left, so I searched it up and found this game. I don't really play spiral knights anymore. I feel like this game could fill the spiral-knights-shaped hole in my spiral-knights-shaped heart.

I want to get a job (eventually :P) as a computer programmer, but right now I am only fluent in Scratch.

My favourite slime is honey because honey is so fitting for a slime, and it's sooooo cute!
- Spacepuffin
spacepuffin
Chickadoo

Postby NanoSlime » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:42 am

Hey there :3
My name is NanoSlime_ (you can call me Nano or Slime or Nona or Nenu... Or Naldosun... Not kidding someone actually called me that... *sigh* call me anything really)

I am interested in designing things, engineering, science, being creative, ster wers, music, and of course Gaming.

My Favourite things are music (electro swing, ambient, trance, ya know.. Stuff), playing games with great communities, playing with friends, meeting other slime brethren, making YouTube videos on my small YouTube channel (Cubic NanoSlime)

Other games I have played are Cubic Castles (I quit after 1500 hours and a year of play), TF2, Portal 1&2, Half Life, Goat Sim, sometimes even good old Minecraft, I even played Spiral Knights before the great Hard Drive Failure of 2014 and have never returned since.

I have never played in early stages of a game before, so this might be my first (if I am lucky)

My Favourite Slime has to be the green one... For I am a green slime myself. ( as shown in my own made logo / profile picture)

My favourite thing about the game would have to be the creativity and cuteness.

I am looking forward to my stay and watching this game evolve.
Hi there, my name is NanoSlime_
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC120bdDHlqjUf9epMwrDXxQ
My first Slime Rancher Video (it's now my most popular video EVER): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1BIC1hnauQ

Have a great day!
NanoSlime
Rancher

Postby CrazeePi » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:22 am

Blazing wrote:- Tell us your name (simple but it's a sentence)
Crazee Pi, though you may know me better as "Crazee-Pi-Forum" (even though the names are not that different) or "Pipipipipi."

Blazing wrote:- Your Interest (Hobbies, Game/Movie Genres, Sports)
Games, posting on forums, and Youtube.

Blazing wrote:- Your favourite things (Cakes, Weather, Movie [spoiler](*we all know it's Star Wars*)[/spoiler]
I don't know.

Blazing wrote:- What other games do you play? (Spiral Knights should be the only answer here -hint -hint)
Terraria, Starbound occasionally, Portal 2 with friends. I don't exactly play Spiral Knights, just post on its forums.

Blazing wrote:- Is this your first Alpha/Beta game?
Nope! I've played a few before this one. I don't think I've given much feedback on them though, if I gave any at all.

Blazing wrote:- Favourite slime and Favourite thing about Slime Rancher
The one in my profile picture is my favorite slime, obviously. His name is Wily, he had a traumatic experience with a Scareslime that scarred him for life, life meaning until I moved him 50 feet away from the Scareslime and then back to 20 feet away. My favorite thing? I don't know.
If an admin or such sees this please delete this account. I did not see any way to delete this account in the settings.
CrazeePi
Keeper

Postby ZeakStarwind » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:39 pm

Greetings Everyone! I'm ZeakStarwind, formal Spiral Knights player since 2011-2015. I've stopped playing and went on to other games now. I have fond memories and made new friends during my time playing Spiral Knights after joining up Vagrant Epochers. I don't think many people will know me nor would I be surprised but I was adept to multiple equipment, but mainly prefer the shard bombs. Anyways...nuff of that old news.

My Hobbies are somewhat varied. I mostly fix computers and sometimes gaming equipment if possible. I'm no expert but I learn new things when I'm interested. I've learned lots of server management when it comes to Minecraft, being through crash logs and figuring out issues other players experience while communicating with them to solve the problem.

Favorite games... That's a tough question. There are many games I like, but I'll stick to a few games I have enjoyed during my lifetime. Mega Man (Rock Man) & Mega Man X (Rock Man X) Series, including Legends (Dash), SNES Final Fantasy Series, Final Fantasy 7 for Playstation...oh wait...favorite THINGS pffft. Uhm...Well I've already said a few games so I'll stop there. Food wise, I like the seafood variety and for snacks, mostly prefer Hot Tamales candy and salty chips. But I do miss having my chocolate cheese mochi snacks...our Uwajimaya doesn't carry those anymore.

Movies...ehhh...Recently watched Star Wars that came out so that's the only thing I've watched since I haven't been to a theatres in years. Currently watching and waiting for again are "Rick & Morty", "The Walking Dead" & "Bojack Horseman". Other than that the movie I prefer for memories sake, it's "Flight of the Navigator". The type of weather I enjoy is the stormy kind. Grown up in the south so preferably enjoy those.

This is not my first time playing alpha/beta games. My very first alpha/beta I've test played was Ragnarok Online. After that...I would probably say Minecraft would be the most test played I've experienced and this was during alpha to now.

Favorite slime so far untill fully fleshed out is the Honey Boom Largos. I'm sure we'll get newer type of slimes I'll be changing my mind to in the future.

EDIT: Forgot to say, I'm currently playing "Beyond Good and Evil". I have played some early access games too but mostly waiting on some to finish their Early Access phase. Mostly Starbound, but I have played that too. I also played some Cube World but watching over development through Wollay's page ever so waiting patiently for the game to get its next patch to test play it again.
I choose my own path...Destiny is not of virtue. Also...Lizards...
ZeakStarwind
Chickadoo

Postby Kiba » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:45 pm

Hi, people. I'm Kiba. I saw Etalyx do a quick playthrough of Slime Rancher and decided to try it out myself. Now I'm here. I liked the game so much that I signed up for the forum. I even gave it a shoutout on my... uh... we'll just call it a livejournal.

That's all for now.
Kiba
Rancher

Postby pbook4g5 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:22 pm

Howdy everyone!

My name is Todd, but I go by the gamertag Pbook4g5 in the RTS world, and AlphaOne in the FPS world. I went to college with Nick. I have zero experience playing Spiral Knights or Slime Rancher, but am interested in following the development of this game so I just downloaded the Alpha version for the Mac.

I work in higher ed designing online courses as an instructional designer, and race cars and play computer games in my (somewhat limited) free time. I'm mostly into FPS', but my steam library is about to crawl over 800 games between my two accounts.

I am a photographer and web designer for BGSUHockey.com, and I started the site with some fellow hockey friends. Photography was and is my first passion, and I've stuck with sports photography.

Currently playing: Rocket League, Rainbow Six:Siege, Assassin's Creed Syndicate, and ARK.

This is my 13th Alpha test game I've played in the last five years, but the first one that I'll actually care about.

....and I don't have a favorite slime or a favorite thing about slime rancher, but I have enjoyed looking at the screenshots Nick has posted on Twitter and other forms of social media so I will hop right into the game tonight!

Looking forward to it.
pbook4g5
Plort

Postby latbat58 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:06 am

Im latbat58. And I suck at life. Im here now thanks to etalyx.
My favorite thing about slime rancher is how slimes feel like they are alive. they are xtremely cute + they act really natural. Can't wait for the full game!
Add me on steam if you want!
also sorry about weirdo americano
latbat58
Plort

Postby coolm5224 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:29 am

I'm coolm5224. I watched Etalyx's first episode, and immediately came here.

This is not my first Alpha/Beta game, I've played countless others.

I love all of Slime Rancher and my favorite slimes are Honey Tabby Largos.

I like Youtube.
Thanks to SpeedXaaa for the amazing avatar!
coolm5224
Rancher

Postby Thoran » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:43 pm

- Thoran, Thoranhippo, ThoranCheLadra is what I usually go by
- Horror movies
- Horror movies
- I tend to play Spiral Knights and some random N64 games
- First alpha/beta ever
- Phosphor Honey Largo. Easy to get, easy to keep, easy to feed, huge profit
Thoran
Chickadoo

Postby SilkyFox » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:03 pm

Hi I'm SIlkyFox, a 29 year old tree surgeon from the UK. If you're coming over from SK you'll know me as Dutch-Oven.

I used to be into sound design for games, but nowadays I'm all about forestry and conservation and fixing people's trees, as well as drumming, taking my bike to random places and obviously gaming: SK (still! But only Lockdown), Path of Exile (not so much) & Brawlhalla (super fun!). I'm really looking forward to seeing what Nick and co can do with this game and I've liked what little I've played of it so far.

My first ever gaming experience was shufflepuck for the BBC micro. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di8P3skzq2A
SilkyFox
Plort

Postby FridayBiology » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:19 pm

Hi, I am FridayBiology well at least on youtube and steam :P
I'm a hobby youtuber mainly playing Rimworld, StoneHearth and games that interest me as well as a Australia Hockey (field) die hard.

I really love the faces that the slimes make when they're stuck on the barrel of the suckergun. Very cute, though i probably like the art style of the game/farmstead.
Favorite slime has to be the pink slimes, I've been watching Etalyx's gameplay and the idea of cute innocent looks vengeful bastards is awesome.

I'm here http://steamcommunity.com/id/FridayBiology/ and here https://gaming.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology#tab=1
FridayBiology
Plort

Postby SuperEccles » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:20 pm

Name: SuperEccles, though those that still play Spiral Knights may know me by Professor-Ego or my forum name Inquisitive-Ego

Hobbies: all forms of nerdage, video games, card games, tabletop wargaming, movies (Star Wars over Star Trek, though I do like both)

Favorite games: Spiral Knights (I still make sacrifices to both Nick and Monomi daily), League of Legends and World of Warcraft

Movies: Star Wars, Pacific Rim and Spongebob movies, though mainly for nostalgia's sake

This is not my first early access game, though probably the one I'm the most excited about

Favorite Slime: I want to say impostocube, but I guess thats not in the game yet (plz), so I guess, I'll go with the phosphorescent slimes, in all colors.
SuperEccles
Plort

Postby fishboyliam » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:40 pm

Hello! I am Liam, and I really don't do much. I love a good sort of resource collection game, much in what I have seen this looking like. I have yet to attempt to play the game, but hopefully it should work on my computer; it is quite bad when it comes to running games.

Anyways, fun fact: I am just learning that Nick was the head designer of spiral knights as of moments before typing this. While I have difficulty getting into rpgs such as that, I loved the heart in the style of the game, and that alone carried me far into it. This game, being of one of my favorite play-styles (the entrepreneur style of play, I guess?), and seeming to hold a similar sort of charm, I bet I'm going to follow development for a while.
fishboyliam
Plort

Postby Combo5939 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:00 am

Hello! I go by the name of Combo5939, but have also been none by the name of Xcaliver01.
I'm prone to keeping long things short and short things long. Here's hoping it's at least one of those two.

Some of my hobbies include: Piano, Percussion Instruments, Soccer, and (you guessed it) Gaming.

I am an intense fan of winter weather, and am pleased to be living in the more colder regions of Japan.

I've playtested for various other games before, but am a little anxious about starting a new phase of playtesting after being dark in the world of forums for such a long period of time. Hopefully, playtesting this game for bugs will go smoother than my other playtests.

Oh, and my favorite slime is the Tabby Slime. Boop!
Combo5939
Plort

Postby Axios » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:50 am

Hello!

My name is Axios, 30 yr old from Italy.

My hobby? Videogames!

Favourite things? Pizza, cakes, cats and hi tech.

I play: Team Fortress 2, Space Engineers, The Long Dark, Medieval Engineers, Stranded Deep, Euro Truck Simulator 2, Prison Architect, Windward, PlanetBase, Door Kickers, Steamworld Dig, Awesomenauts, Xcom, Running with Rifles, ..... (cannot copy my entire Steam list.)

It's not my first Alpha / beta game. Took part to several public and closed alpha / beta test. Also I purchase several games in Early Access state.

Still no favorite slime.
Axios
Plort

Postby matik2002 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:43 am

Hello rancher units!

I am Matikclocker (Spiral Knights Forum) a robotic knight unit that likes to hang out. I love to play a robot because it is very fun! Here as most people are from forums then I will be known as a MatEXP-11 "SlimeBeat" but please call me Matikclocker, Matik or whatever you like. Or even SlimeBeat.

I mainly stick tooooooo games. I play sandbox games and many many other games...

Is there any other thing I like? I like you all! But I am sensitive, so I can be angered.

Yeah, I do play Spiral Knights, but I stopped playing as the alchemy orb drop chances are small. I also play Robocraft, Starmade, TerraTech and maaaaany other games. No, no Minecraft, but I have Creativerse as a replacement.

Of course not! I played Robocraft as Early Access and StarMade.

I love slimes devastating my ranch, playing on the edge (risking the knockout) and "Tarrbusters" (you know, Ghostbusters Slime Rancher style, but there are Tarrs instead of ghosts). I love Pink Tabby Largos.
Last edited by matik2002 on Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
A robotic knight Matikclocker becomes a robotic rancher...He killed slimes on Cradle, now he is forced to ranch them, feed them, collect from them and rise to fame and fortune to show Energyload and Heavyduty-Charge that slimes can be ranched, not killed.
matik2002
Chickadoo

Postby dsdan » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:18 pm

- Tell us your name (simple but it's a sentence)

Hi I'm dsdan from England!
- Your Interest (Hobbies, Game/Movie Genres, Sports)

Gaming and skating (ice and inlline)
- Your favourite things (Cakes, Weather, Movie [spoiler](*we all know it's Star Wars*)[/spoiler]

Indian food, English weather, superhero shows
- What other games do you play? (Spiral Knights should be the only answer here -hint -hint)

Sadly never got into Spiral Knights but I play LoL, Starcraft, Heroes of the Storm and a bunch of more anti social games like Witcher, Civilization, MGS 5
- Is this your first Alpha/Beta game?

Nope! Minecraft, Prison Architect and more
- Favourite slime and Favourite thing about Slime Rancher

Puddle slime cus they don't need micromanagement haha
dsdan
Plort

Postby Kerowyn202 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:25 pm

Hi! I go by Kero, I'm from New England in the US.

I like writing, gaming, and working on counted cross-stitches.

My favorite things are mac'n'cheese, ice cream, and Marvel movies

I play a wide variety of games, but most recently have been playing Witcher 3 and Lego Star Wars the Complete Saga.

This is my first alpha game, but I have played a couple that were in beta.

I haven't played much yet, but so far, my favorite slime is the tabby.
Kerowyn202
Plort

Postby kutaras » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:22 am

Forza Itallia per l'aplha testing :D
kutaras
Plort

Postby brendanorr » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:26 pm

Hello everyone!

My name is Brendan and I am a Linux user. I also have an upgraded 2005 Mac Mini and this computer used to dual boot Linux and OSX 10.6.8 (I installed Lion but uninstalled it to bring back the lost Rosetta support). Currently its single booting as I've had hard disk troubles and have been lazy in replacing my Hackintosh drive.

Hobbies? Yeah, I've got them. When I'm not at work I usually try to unwind with lets plays...after a physical and mental workout getting lazy for a while and watching something that doesn't require thinking seems to do well for me. After that I work on various projects I've got going on from graphics related to electronics to music to programming. As for my favorite languages well that would have to be Perl and C++ although my use of Blender makes Python enticing as well. I'm also starting some work with Android development so I'm getting a refresher on Java.

Games I play? oh I love survival games, platformers, shooters, 'metroidvania', and others. Currently beta testing/Steam Early Access playing Stranded Deep (via Wine), Starbound, and Besiege.

Insofar as my favorite slime. Well that would have to be the plain tabby. Reminds me of my 25 lb puss aptly named "Max" ... I can't decide if it was fate or some sort of self-fulfilling prophecy. All I know is that he loves to eat and he loves cuddles.

Anyway, I'm here to try to help kill any bugs in the Linux builds and to provide help to others if I can.
brendanorr
Plort

Next

Return to Far, Far Off-Topic