What should my new roleplay be about?

Community discussion unrelated to Slime Rancher

What should my new roleplay be about?

Postby HoneyTabby336 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:05 pm

Hello there, I need some help with making a new roleplay that won't be a bit of a snooze fest (and hopefully will actually be ended. I need your opinion on what I should make! Like for example, any changes I should make, what should I do to make it more interesting, etc.

Also, it doesn't have to be slime rancher themed, it can be about anything. I think that it would kind of be a contest and a disscusion! I can't wait to see your ideas because frankly, I blanked out on them. I would like to have you describe what the world is like.

I would like reccomend searching up "how to make a insert genre world" if you don't know how to explain it. See you soon!
I'm not secretly a honey tabby largo using its squishy bottom to type in human language.

I'm also a big fan of roleplay!

I wonder why you're reading this big block of text. Are you bored?
HoneyTabby336
Keeper

Re: What should my new roleplay be about?

Postby jmababa » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:27 am

how about epic battle fantasy series they're lovely to roleplay or If you want Just be Clementine from TWD
jmababa
Chickadoo

Postby HoneyTabby336 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:52 am

The epic battle fantasy idea sounds great, although for the walking dead one, I'm not sure. I haven't watched it for a while, so I might just search up the spoilers on the internet. Although, u don't know what the epic battle fantasy would be about, but I'll look into it.

I'm also thinking about using the character alignment system from Dungeons & Dragons, for example:
Lawful good, chaotic neutral, neutral evil, etc. Would it be a good idea? I don't think I would want to have people immediately choose their alignment, more like use a quiz for that or send urls of what the alignments are about.
I'm not secretly a honey tabby largo using its squishy bottom to type in human language.

HoneyTabby336
Keeper

Postby kittymeowkub » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:53 pm

Even though we are in Far, Far Off-Topic, can it still have something to do with Slime Rancher?
Check out my slime rancher comics and sometimes other stuff on my Tumblr.
No alpacas allowed!
kittymeowkub
Rancher

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:58 pm

I think still staying within SR is the best idea.
I'm not really sure, but science seems cool.
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby PhospherTabbyLargo » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:57 pm

Hello You Pebbles,

Perhaps this could be an interesting topic-

What the slimes do when the rancher is out

Basically, it's the range, but the rancher keeps running off to some very secluded, unaccessible by slime, area. They are gone for many days straight, and when returning, one slime, AKA the "time slime" is always aware first. It is then a mad frenzy to beat the rancher back to the corrals. All because slimes actually made corrals, and they are designed to actually let slimes out behind the rancher's back. Everyone would be different slimes, and I think it could be interesting.
I swear I don't talk so formal in life

I'll leave now...

-----------------------------------------------
Profile Pic Created By Cookid123
PhospherTabbyLargo
Rancher

Location: The Mossy Blanket's Very Own Hunter Isle. (Real Place)

Postby HoneyTabby336 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:19 am

TheGreciansHousehold wrote:I think still staying within SR is the best idea.
I'm not really sure, but science seems cool.

I also do want to stick with SR, but I need some ideas for the slime science idea.
PhospherTabbyLargo wrote:Hello You Pebbles,

Perhaps this could be an interesting topic-

What the slimes do when the rancher is out

Basically, it's the range, but the rancher keeps running off to some very secluded, unaccessible by slime, area. They are gone for many days straight, and when returning, one slime, AKA the "time slime" is always aware first. It is then a mad frenzy to beat the rancher back to the corrals. All because slimes actually made corrals, and they are designed to actually let slimes out behind the rancher's back. Everyone would be different slimes, and I think it could be interesting.

I agree it could be a good idea, but I don't know if someone wants to be "The Bad Guy" aka the rancher or the slimes and it could be hard to make a good npc for that.

Thanks for the ideas, but I still need some more ideas so I can make a roleplay.

HoneyTabby336
Keeper

Postby kittymeowkub » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:05 pm

Or it could be about the first people to discover and explore planet slime, like an origin story.
Check out my slime rancher comics and sometimes other stuff on my Tumblr.
No alpacas allowed!
kittymeowkub
Rancher

Postby PhospherTabbyLargo » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:37 pm

kittymeowkub wrote:Or it could be about the first people to discover and explore planet slime, like an origin story.

I actually think that is a really good idea. And
there could be someone filling out the slimepedia, some inventor guy coming up with uses for plorts, etc. Great idea!
I swear I don't talk so formal in life

I'll leave now...

-----------------------------------------------
Profile Pic Created By Cookid123
PhospherTabbyLargo
Rancher

Location: The Mossy Blanket's Very Own Hunter Isle. (Real Place)

Postby bobschicken » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:23 pm

A slime uprising, Slimes are liberating themselves ridding the range of ranchers.
While emergency evac is coming. even warp travel has it's limits.
I can S.P.L.A.T into action!

I thank Hachiseiko for my (First) Avatar
Cactuses are cool now.
bobschicken
Rancher

Postby JasontheBasin » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:49 am

MAD Slime science

Taking Slime Science to a WHOLE new level.
Im good friends with emeraldplay, who's a Slime rancher modding god.

HAIL HIM.
JasontheBasin
Keeper

Postby JasontheBasin » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:58 am

Heres some other ideas I have

Space rancher

Zero Gravity Ranching Experience

Opposite day

This isn't right!

Slime uprising (Kredit 2 Bobschiken)

HEIL HUNTLER (I'm sorry for the Nazi reference)

HAIL HIM.
JasontheBasin
Keeper

Postby SlimeCrafter » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:31 pm

WADDABOUT A ZAMBIE APOCOLIPS
He's the biggest nerd there is, iiiiiiit's....

Mr. Moonjump!

Hehe. I used to be known as SlimeCrafter, but I grew out of that name...

I, uh... can't seem to change it. Oof.
SlimeCrafter
Keeper

Postby HoneyTabby336 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:03 am

I took a little break from the forums, and now there are too many requests! I'm melting!

kittymeowkub wrote:Or it could be about the first people to discover and explore planet slime, like an origin story.
hmm, that seems like a really good idea! I'll consider it.
PhospherTabbyLargo wrote:

I actually think that is a really good idea. And
there could be someone filling out the slimepedia, some inventor guy coming up with uses for plorts, etc. Great idea!
thanks for the elaboration! Now I know what to add.
bobschicken wrote:A slime uprising, Slimes are liberating themselves ridding the range of ranchers.
While emergency evac is coming. even warp travel has it's limits.
I do like those end of the world roleplays. I'll also consider it!
JasontheBasin wrote:MAD Slime science

Taking Slime Science to a WHOLE new level.
that seems like a good idea, but I need some further elaboration.
JasontheBasin wrote:Heres some other ideas I have

Space rancher

Zero Gravity Ranching Experience

Opposite day

This isn't right!

Slime uprising (Kredit 2 Bobschiken)

HEIL HUNTLER (I'm sorry for the Nazi reference)
these sound like great ideas, but I need further elaboration for these too.
SlimeCrafter wrote:WADDABOUT A ZAMBIE APOCOLIPS
lol, I could make something like the walking dead but I still need further elaboration.

Final verdict: "ELABORATION IS ALWAYS HELPFUL" and thanks for the great ideas!

HoneyTabby336
Keeper

Postby sensieslime » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:30 am

I would say some sort role-play in the medieval era, yet there are fantasy monsters and creatures.

My other idea is, well... SPACCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
Thank you for reading!
Huge thanks to Sectanza for making my amazing avatar!
Go and give her cookies!!!
Want to see my slime ideas and their artwork? Go here!
Want to play an Evogame? Go here!
sensieslime
Keeper

Postby SlimeCrafter » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:47 am

I like the medieval idea, but you need to elaborate. As in, storyline and stuff.

Mr. Moonjump!

SlimeCrafter
Keeper

Postby SlimeCrafter » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:29 pm

Alright. I shall proceed to elaborate on the medieval era thing.

The year is 609. Dragons rule over the eastern mountains, protecting massive treasure hoards. A kingdom under the northern sea is home to mermaids, who protect every living creature in their sea. Somewhere to the south, a large kingdom inhabited by all manner people, Dwarves and Elves and Men and more. All live in peace together. That is, until an ancient evil begins to arise in the mountains. It disturbs the Dragons so much that an entire mountain collapses in their hurry to leave.But no one knows how to stop it. Until the evijl being begins to distort space and time, sending a group of creatures on a journey to get back home. But can they stop it in time?

Mr. Moonjump!

SlimeCrafter
Keeper

Postby sensieslime » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:52 am

SlimeCrafter wrote:Alright. I shall proceed to elaborate on the medieval era thing.

The year is 609. Dragons rule over the eastern mountains, protecting massive treasure hoards. A kingdom under the northern sea is home to mermaids, who protect every living creature in their sea. Somewhere to the south, a large kingdom inhabited by all manner people, Dwarves and Elves and Men and more. All live in peace together. That is, until an ancient evil begins to arise in the mountains. It disturbs the Dragons so much that an entire mountain collapses in their hurry to leave.But no one knows how to stop it. Until the evijl being begins to distort space and time, sending a group of creatures on a journey to get back home. But can they stop it in time?

Alright, that seems cool. Either medieval times, or around the 18th century (French Revolution) would be a good time to set it.
Thank you for reading!
Huge thanks to Sectanza for making my amazing avatar!
Go and give her cookies!!!
Want to see my slime ideas and their artwork? Go here!
Want to play an Evogame? Go here!
sensieslime
Keeper

Postby JasontheBasin » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:32 am

sensieslime wrote:
SlimeCrafter wrote:Alright. I shall proceed to elaborate on the medieval era thing.

Alright, that seems cool. Either medieval times, or around the 18th century (French Revolution) would be a good time to set it.

what does this have to do with slime rancher

HAIL HIM.
JasontheBasin
Keeper

Postby bobschicken » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:04 am

JasontheBasin wrote:
sensieslime wrote:

This is the off topic thread nothing needs to be slime rancher
I can S.P.L.A.T into action!

I thank Hachiseiko for my (First) Avatar
Cactuses are cool now.
bobschicken
Rancher

Postby SlimeCrafter » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:47 am

bobschicken wrote:
JasontheBasin wrote:
sensieslime wrote:

This is the off topic thread nothing needs to be slime rancher

True that, my friend.

Mr. Moonjump!

SlimeCrafter
Keeper

Postby greentitan » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:48 am

I have an idea. I've always been fascinated with feudal japan and samurai and ninja. maybe we could set it in a world (it doesn't have to be a human world) where everything is based off of feudal japan. like people could choose between factions of samurai or ninja. I think that would be cool. please send your opinion back to me. thank you
greentitan
Rancher

Postby HoneyTabby336 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:45 am

Now I'm interested! I'll definitely consider sensieslime's idea!
greentitan wrote:I have an idea. I've always been fascinated with feudal japan and samurai and ninja. maybe we could set it in a world (it doesn't have to be a human world) where everything is based off of feudal japan. like people could choose between factions of samurai or ninja. I think that would be cool. please send your opinion back to me. thank you

That's great! I can play around with it a bit and do some research to make it good.
The final results are coming so stay tuned and keep on sending those ideas!

HoneyTabby336
Keeper

Postby JasontheBasin » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:37 am

HoneyTabby336 wrote:

Now I'm interested! I'll definitely consider sensieslime's idea!
greentitan wrote:I have an idea. I've always been fascinated with feudal japan and samurai and ninja. maybe we could set it in a world (it doesn't have to be a human world) where everything is based off of feudal japan. like people could choose between factions of samurai or ninja. I think that would be cool. please send your opinion back to me. thank you

That's great! I can play around with it a bit and do some research to make it good.
The final results are coming so stay tuned and keep on sending those ideas!

Googly Rancher
EVERYONE HAS GOOGLY EYES!

Speed Rancher
GO GO GO GOTTA GO FAST, GOTTA GO FAST, GOTTA GO FASTER FASTER FASTERFASTERFASTER

HAIL HIM.
JasontheBasin
Keeper

Postby HoneyTabby336 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:52 am

Hello there, I've taken a break for the holidays and I was offline slime rancher for a while, but now I'm back! Here is the winner and runner up:

Sensieslime's medieval time period roleplay idea (winner)

Greentitan's feudal Japan roleplay idea (runner up)

If your idea isn't on here, don't worry! I might reuse it for another roleplay.

The roleplay will start on January 2nd.

HoneyTabby336
Keeper

Return to Far, Far Off-Topic