End of Slime Rancher?!

Community discussion unrelated to Slime Rancher

End of Slime Rancher?!

Postby SeniorSlime » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:05 pm

Here is where I will discuss something important. Like others, we all know slime rancher isn't going to be the only Monomi Park game.
In fact, Monomi may have to push out a new game soon, because slime rancher hype has died off.
The next game has to be one thing; Bigger then Slime Rancher. But where to begin?

That's where you come in.
©Senior Slime 2016 All Rights Reserved

It's my Signature!
SeniorSlime
Rancher

Re: End of Slime Rancher?!

Postby TurtleDuDe48 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:20 am

thats...
a strange opinion.

another game though... that'll be way too much.
i mean wat... just cos hype has died down doesnt mean it doesnt have fans. and if they left slimerancher imagine all the disapointed people.
i personally think this idea is kinda ridiculous
all credit for drawing the Crystal slime belongs to Hachiseiko.

And remember kids. Stay in school and don't do drugs.

;)
TurtleDuDe48
Keeper

Postby EmeraldPlay » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:13 am

Just because said "hype" died down, it doesn't mean that the game itself is dead and nobody plays it.

Around 250k copies of the game were bought. What do you think that would happen if they instantly stopped making it and doing a completely new game? That would just cause a huge letdown and distrust both in Monomi Park and the gaming industry as a whole. This is indeed ridiculous.

We can think about it after the game gets out of Early Access = gets finished.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby SeniorSlime » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:53 am

EmeraldPlay,
Sure. I'll keep this topic up. But nobody can say no to the fact that Slime Rancher is just not as popular as it was when it came out. The "New Game" idea is just like an Insurance Plan; With the goal of making a Backup in case things go south. That would be smart. This Industry is unpredictable.

It's my Signature!
SeniorSlime
Rancher

Postby CakeFlour » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:10 am

Given that at E3 Slime Rancher was Showcased and given a playable demo simmilar to the PC version, I think it's safe to say that within a week or so here, or when the next major update comes out theres going to be a spike in activity around here or on the steam forums. From what i've seen it's natural for games in development such as this to have long downtime periods in between releases. Prime examples being any RPG Maker XP Fan games.
Support the goal of Golden Puddles!
CakeFlour
Rancher

Postby EmeraldPlay » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:17 am

SeniorSlime wrote:EmeraldPlay,
Sure. I'll keep this topic up. But nobody can say no to the fact that Slime Rancher is just not as popular as it was when it came out. The "New Game" idea is just like an Insurance Plan; With the goal of making a Backup in case things go south. That would be smart. This Industry is unpredictable.

It's not as popular? People STILL play it, and check when updates come. Doing a backup plan with other game and discontinuing this one will KILL the trust in devs, so they wouldn't have a success with that.

This is bad, and this shouldn't happen, even if the popularity goes even lower.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby SeniorSlime » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:27 pm

EmeraldPlay, I agree with you, but I don't think Slime Rancher will be the only Monomi Park Game. That's true.
I also never said "Discontinue" the game.

It's my Signature!
SeniorSlime
Rancher

Postby EmeraldPlay » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:44 pm

SeniorSlime wrote:EmeraldPlay, I agree with you, but I don't think Slime Rancher will be the only Monomi Park Game. That's true.

This is obvious. They'll for sure move on to the next project after this game is finished.

Never dicontinuing the game, hm? If so, I'm not sure how they would do while working on two projects at the same time. That'd be weird.

-----
Links:
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby TurtleDuDe48 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:12 pm

EmeraldPlay wrote:
SeniorSlime wrote:EmeraldPlay, I agree with you, but I don't think Slime Rancher will be the only Monomi Park Game. That's true.

This is obvious. They'll for sure move on to the next project after this game is finished.

Never dicontinuing the game, hm? If so, I'm not sure how they would do while working on two projects at the same time. That'd be weird.

agreed it would be wierd. besides wouldnt that just cause more stress for the devs, and increase the time before the game is fully released? i dont understand how that would really work
all credit for drawing the Crystal slime belongs to Hachiseiko.

And remember kids. Stay in school and don't do drugs.

;)
TurtleDuDe48
Keeper

Postby SeniorSlime » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:21 pm

Listen,
I get it. You don't like this idea. But honestly, think about it. Nothing lasts forever.

It's my Signature!
SeniorSlime
Rancher

Postby EmeraldPlay » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:49 pm

SeniorSlime wrote:Listen,
I get it. You don't like this idea. But honestly, think about it. Nothing lasts forever.

It's still nonsensical, and should be never brought upon or done. Talking of done, I'm that with this thread.

-----
Links:
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby SeniorSlime » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:02 am

Okay, okay, okay.
Fine. Monomi Park will support Slime Rancher. Their first project is fun. They shall continue to support this game for as long as they run. But they will never make another game. Because the stress of more games on the Dev's would drive them insane. Slime rancher shall forever be Monomi Park's stand alone game.

It's my Signature!
SeniorSlime
Rancher

Postby asdfghjklinkin » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:18 pm

Are you.. Are you serious?

They're a very small company as of right now, and they need to finish their current game before they start on a new project. Just because it's a bad idea for them to start on another project right now doesn't mean they never will create another game.

Do YOU want them to stop making Slime Rancher? Because I sure don't. Neither do most people on this forum, and I'm sure lots of others. There's less activity between updates because people are waiting for the next one.
I'm Linkin.
asdfghjklinkin
Rancher

Time to end all the Hate on this topic.

Postby SeniorSlime » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:50 pm

I wish I could delete this post because I'm getting so much backlash from this "Opinion Based" post.
No! I was just kidding! That's what you guys are saying! That was me trying to imitate you! Jeez!
Now that I got that out of my system, let me make something VERY clear.
This post is something that should be taken with a grain of salt. Like EmeraldPlay ORIGINALLY said, this post should be discussed AFTER the game is out of beta. I replied with That's a good idea, I will keep that in mind for my future posts, and I will keep this topic around.
So in the mean time, don't hate on this. I was TRYING to create idea's for Monomi Park's next game! Gosh, do you have a problem with that?!

I didn't mean all the harsh things I said. It's just so frustrating when I get hate on something and people don't consider what I'm trying to say.

It's my Signature!
SeniorSlime
Rancher

Postby GreatRancher » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:39 am

What ya say bruh?
Slime Rancher is (at least for me) the best game before Midtown Madness 3.It's very popular,but,dude,did ya think everyone will know the forums,the Wikia,etc.Also,Slime Rancher fans are not only american,there are Spanish,German,France,also,Japanese or Chinese too!And Russian.
And at the same time,you have to see that the game is Early Access,is not finished already.When 1.0.0 comes out,Slime Rancher will be than popular than if the popular levels are crazy they can possibly create Slime Rancher 2(Ok,no...or yasssss*illuminati confirmed*).
Hey, don't look down here!
There's NOTHING!Except...a signature
*sigh*
GreatRancher
Keeper

Location: Spain,I'm not from England or America or Ireland.I'm from Neptune and Mars too :)

Postby CrazeePi » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:30 pm

Here's an idea: an MMO where you play as an alien who's crashlanded on a planet with a mysterious power at it's center. You can team with up to three other players and fight enemies such as wolves, jello, skeletons, robots, and demonic office workers, or you can just blow each other up in a bomberman clone.
If an admin or such sees this please delete this account. I did not see any way to delete this account in the settings.
CrazeePi
Keeper

Postby NeferNightbug » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:05 am

*gives SeniorSlime a hug*

Myself, I think they should make Slime Rancher a series, with derivative works supplementing canon.

For example, perhaps a bullet hell shooter, or a rougelike.

I'd like to see a few of the holes closed up in the plot: Who was Hobson, why did he leave, the purpose of the little temple in the Moss Blanket, the lost guitar that should be in with one of the boom largo groups (I'm going to pretend it's the one in the Moss Blanket,) and why are there so many of those darned freaking Pink Slimes everywhere???
NeferNightbug
Rancher

Return to Far, Far Off-Topic