Find something new!

Community discussion unrelated to Slime Rancher

Find something new!

Postby hypehypehypeahhah » Tue May 10, 2016 5:53 pm

Ok, so i tought to make this thread, where everyone can post their favorite everything (videogames, movies, books, webcomics, anything goes) that feel that they are EXTREMELY underrated, and deserve some more love.

In short, post here anything you feel that needs a bigger community, or anything you just feel like sharing, to help others find underrated things they might like!
Check my steam!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/noturbuisness/

I am a shrinking violet that uses memes and jokes to express his feelings because i'm too shy to do it myself
hypehypehypeahhah
Keeper

Re: Find something new!

Postby hypehypehypeahhah » Tue May 10, 2016 5:56 pm

Robocraft:

(It's free on Steam, and it has it's own website)

A game where you build your own robot, and fight against other players.
But the part that really amazes me, is how well they manage the paid-stuff. You can get everything, even the most OP of weapons, by just playing.
And the game calculates how good your robot is, and pairs you up with other robots of equal level, so you will almost never end up with an underpowered or overpowered robot (unless you either suck or are amazing at design)
Check my steam!

I am a shrinking violet that uses memes and jokes to express his feelings because i'm too shy to do it myself
hypehypehypeahhah
Keeper

Postby RadSlime3000 » Tue May 10, 2016 10:08 pm

Roblox black hole tycoon:
sure, the graphics are a little cheesy, so what? you buy solar systems for the black hole to absorb and use the money to buy more galaxies and solar systems and make a house! if you finish building the house you get a black hole bomb! worth it!
I AM A:
Terrarian
Rad Slime
Night Wing
Minecrafter
Anomaly
Aether Dragon
Glitch

My current feats:

Highest Point in Mochi's Manor

I am freinds with a Hunter slime named "Meowster*.

hOI!
RadSlime3000
Rancher

Postby NyanRancher » Thu May 12, 2016 8:21 pm

Speed runners
If you could give me a paint tool sai lesson I would really appreciate it! :) just PM me!
───────────────────────────────────────
DEVIANTART!!!!! Chcek me out :D
http://nyanwiz.deviantart.com/
NyanRancher
Rancher

Postby sensieslime » Sat May 14, 2016 11:30 pm

Unde- nah... jk that doesn't need a bigger community ;p

Stumpt

Stumpt is a youtube cannel that upload multiple videos daily of four player games. They are really funny and entertain me. If you are ok with swearing then I would recommend them and if you like the members of stumpt and want to see them play single player games then go on their second channel: Stumpt Branch.
Thank you for reading!
Huge thanks to Sectanza for making my amazing avatar!
Go and give her cookies!!!
Want to see my slime ideas and their artwork? Go here!
Want to play an Evogame? Go here!
sensieslime
Keeper

Postby hypehypehypeahhah » Mon May 16, 2016 3:44 pm

Plants vs. Zombies 2: It's about time

The spiritual successor to the popular PvZ 1 (I'm looking at you, Garden Warfare). It has the exact same mechanics as PvZ 1, with some added tweaks here and there.

However, i'm sure many people knew about this game, because i see it get a lot of hate for being a "pay to win" game.

I have been playing it for years and i can safely say that's NOT true. It's a free mobile app (for some reason; PvZ 1 came out in PC first, and EA never had any trouble releasing games in PC) with paid microtransactions that allow you to get more coins (wich is the worst deal ever, since coins are extremely easy to get) that are used to buy panic-powerups to destroy zombies instantly (you can easily get those powerups for free by playing the endless zones a lot), gems (wich are again, a horrible deal since gems are decently easy to get by just playing the daily events) wich are used to boost plants for one level (wich is a horrible idea because you won't need them if you know what you're doing) and certain plants (wich are ironically, better than the paid plants 90% of the time), boosters (wich give you a slight permanent boost, like extra starting sun) and most importantly, premium plants (wich 70% of them are awful anyways).

However, one topic that i really like is the difficulty; It took a HUGE boost from the first game. (In short, it's hard as balls). And i really like that.

The game has 11 worlds (wich i don't think will be increased, sadly) related to time periods, wich each one having a different mechanic, and every world featuring 5-6 plants and 2 premium plants marketed with said world, with the exeption of the first 4 worlds, wich feature more free plants and have no premium plants marketed with them.

But the biggest selling point (I know it's free, you get my point) of them all is the huge variety of plants to choose from, allowing for different strategies, wich was almost impossible to do in PvZ1 (The strategy in that game was just: Plant sunflowers, use potato mines, plant melonpults, victory). Even choosing a sun producing plant is up to your likings, as the game has 5 of them! (And other 4 that produce sun by other means!)

TL;DR: Ignore any critizism PvZ2 has before playing it yourself. It's free, you have nothing to lose.
Check my steam!

hypehypehypeahhah
Keeper

Postby Kozzer33 » Sat May 28, 2016 6:00 pm

A super old voxel game before Roblox, Minecraft, was made in 2004 and on Steam.
Blockland

JESUS ALMIGHTY this game is amazing, the community can be pretty toxic, but the building, modding, just almost everything about it is amazing. PLEASE do not let this game die.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/250340/

*hasn't been to store page in a while*
"User Reviews:
Recent: Mixed

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Overall: Mostly Positive

Oh goodie :D
Don't feed the blobs anymore poop after you've already fed them poop!
Kozzer33
Rancher

Return to Far, Far Off-Topic