Evo game: Plante Platante

Community discussion unrelated to Slime Rancher

Evo game: Plante Platante

Postby sensieslime » Sun May 01, 2016 2:59 am

Welcome to another Evogame. I find these quite fun so I would like to see how one of my own turns out.

How they work

Evo games are about evolving a creature and helping them survive. Anyone can participate and join in at any time. In this game people take it in turns to edit a creature in pixels. In each evolution only two things can be changed and the evolutions must help the creature survive in a way. If something is no longer needed then you can devolve certain parts, for example an aggressive creature looses it's tusks because it starts to become more peaceful. You can also split creatures. Splitting creatures means to make an entirely new species, for example a herbivore becoming a carnivore would be a split and only some of the species turn into the carnivorous kind. When splitting a creature, you add one letter to it's name. You can only split creatures every 7 evolutions.

Beware that creatures may fight and some species can become extinct. Our goal is to keep as many species as we can alive.

How to evolve

To evolve a creature you firstly need to save the creature you want to evolve. Now go to a paint program that has a pixel mode (I use Piskel because you don't have to download it) and import the image of the creature. Use the tools to edit it then export the image and save it as a png. Now upload your newly edited creature to imgur (you don't have to share it with the imgur community) then copy it. Remember not to delete your pictures on imgur or they won't work. At the top of the text box on these forums, there are multiple buttons. Click Img and paste the creature then click preview to see if your picture is working, put a little description of what you've added then submit the post!

This Evo game

This evogame takes place on Platante, a cold and icy planet with two moons and clouds.

These are the starting creatures. They live in a pond in the planet and have no eyes yet.

P
P are blue cells that are only 500 nanometres long who eats bacterium. However, they have no way to move yet so they have to let the current take them along until they find something to snack on.

J
J are very similar to P but are red. They are 350 nanometres long and feast upon smaller bacterium. They have a very similar strategy to getting food as the P.

E
E are green, plant-like creatures that attach themselves to the bottom of the pond and suck up bacterium on the ground. These are bigger than the other cells and are 800 nanometres long.

H
H are plants that don't live in the pond, but grow on the ground. These are approximately 6 cm tall and are way too big for the cells to eat but they occasionally fall into the pond. The cells might be able to eat these once the get big enough, if they aren't carnivores by then.

Always save the files a png, don't post anything inappropriate and have fun!
Thank you for reading!
Huge thanks to Sectanza for making my amazing avatar!
Go and give her cookies!!!
Want to see my slime ideas and their artwork? Go here!
Want to play an Evogame? Go here!
sensieslime
Keeper

Re: Evo game: Plante Platante

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Sun May 01, 2016 3:52 am

P develops a thin flagella that allows it to move around freely. They also develop three sensory pores to allow it to dodge rocks ect.
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby sensieslime » Sun May 01, 2016 4:15 am

J develops two flagella that they can use for propulsion to move through the water. Their skin also slightly thickens so they won't break up as easily when smashing into rocks.
Thank you for reading!
sensieslime
Keeper

Postby Blazekop12 » Sun May 01, 2016 5:06 am

J develops a tail-like flagella that helps guide it through water, so it doesn't gain as much injuries.
Blazekop12
Rancher

Postby sensieslime » Sun May 01, 2016 5:59 am

TheGreciansHousehold wrote:Image

P develops a thin flagella that allows it to move around freely. They also develop three sensory pores to allow it to dodge rocks ect.

You only add a letter to the name if it's a split in this game because otherwise the letters will take over the whole screen and it would get confusing. Don't worry though, I'll fix it!

P's flagella merges with it's body more and now acts more like a tail.

E has grown a few orange sensors to help them sense bacterium.
Thank you for reading!
sensieslime
Keeper

Postby Blazekop12 » Sun May 01, 2016 7:04 am

J gains what appears to be a beginning of a mouth, and uses it to filter the bacteria it eats from the rest of the water, efficiently gaining more food.
Blazekop12
Rancher

Postby sensieslime » Sun May 01, 2016 7:32 am

Blazekop12 wrote:Image

J gains what appears to be a beginning of a mouth, and uses it to filter the bacteria it eats from the rest of the water, efficiently gaining more food.

I love how that mouth is literally the same thing as the filter mouth in spore. XD
Thank you for reading!
sensieslime
Keeper

Postby Blazekop12 » Sun May 01, 2016 8:02 am

sensieslime wrote:

I love how that mouth is literally the same thing as the filter mouth in spore. XD

That is exactly what I was going for XD
Blazekop12
Rancher

Postby sensieslime » Sun May 01, 2016 8:15 am

The next evolution can be a split!!!
Thank you for reading!
sensieslime
Keeper

Postby sensieslime » Sun May 01, 2016 10:41 pm

H's flower thing gets bigger to absorb more sunlight.

P grows eyes and can see a blurry image in front of them. They also got a better mouth which can be used to eat much more efficiently.
Thank you for reading!
sensieslime
Keeper

Postby Xamerzan » Mon May 02, 2016 6:25 am

Can we post more than one evolution on a single creature? I had at least 2 in mind for the pink one, but wanted to be sure it was fine.
Xamerzan
Rancher

Postby sensieslime » Mon May 02, 2016 8:38 am

Xamerzan wrote:Can we post more than one evolution on a single creature? I had at least 2 in mind for the pink one, but wanted to be sure it was fine.

Yep that's absolutely fine. ;) BTW it's red.
Thank you for reading!
sensieslime
Keeper

Postby Blazekop12 » Mon May 02, 2016 10:58 am

P develops a faster way of traveling through the water, which is by growing fins! This helps P catch even more bacteria resulting in more food.

E grows in size by not being harmed by any other creatures and gaining a proper amount of bacteria, but due to it's plant like property, floats up to the surface of water for proper sunlight. Even though it's cold and harsh, the E's are doing fine, and grow even more spikes in protection from the other aggressive cells.
Last edited by Blazekop12 on Mon May 02, 2016 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Blazekop12
Rancher

Postby sensieslime » Mon May 02, 2016 11:38 am

P develops a faster way of traveling through the water, which is by growing fins! This helps P catch even more bacteria resulting in more food.

Yep. That's the cilia from spore right there!

P's cilia become more triangle shaped to cut through the water and P can now move faster to compete and get food before the other cells.

J Have developed eyes. However, this may not be good! After being able to see, J become the most aggressive cell in the pond. Unlike the other cells, they fight over food.

Split from J, JL
All of the J species are aggressive now, but some are worse than others! A few of the J find some nutrients after killing another cell in a fight. The J then begin to eat the body for nutrients and become carnivorous. This new carnivorous species is called JL, oh and did I mention it has six, red eyes?
Thank you for reading!
sensieslime
Keeper

Postby sensieslime » Tue May 03, 2016 9:51 am

IN ONLY 12 EVOLUTIONS WINTER WILL COME!!! THE SEASON CHANGES EVERY 25 EVOLUTIONS!!!

Winter is very dangerous. During winter if any creatures are in the pond then they can't leave until spring comes because the top of the pond freezes. Life on the ground will be hard too and creatures must get warmth by evolving or finding shelter such as a cave.

Also, here is an update on out creatures.

P is now 5 micrometres long!!!

J and JL are now 2.5 micrometres long!!!

E is now 6 micrometres long!!!

H is now 8 cm tall.
Thank you for reading!
sensieslime
Keeper

Postby Blazekop12 » Tue May 03, 2016 11:08 am

In order to scare off the carnivorous JL, J's grow in size, gaining larger side flagela and their tail straightens out and grows as well.
Blazekop12
Rancher

Postby sensieslime » Tue May 03, 2016 11:29 am

BTW, don't bother with the internal organs unless they're the brain, heart of lungs. We can assume that they get the organs as they become mammals.

P realise that they need to get out the water fast when they notice very thin ice growing on the surface of the pond. This means that they must of developed a proto-brain to think and know what will happen soon. They realise how quickly they must evolve and get food so they get longer which gives their body more space for another two cilia. This was actually a mistake but I liked it so I kept it.

JL develops two antenna with eyes on the end to see around corners with ease. Now it has eight red eyes. *Shivers*

9 evos until winter left guys! None of our creatures have lungs of suitable legs to go on land yet!
Thank you for reading!
sensieslime
Keeper

Postby Blazekop12 » Tue May 03, 2016 11:39 am

J develops a proto brain, and soon realizes that a harsh season is soon coming. So, they back flippers that resemble legs, and are preparing for whatever the future may hold for them.
Blazekop12
Rancher

Postby sensieslime » Tue May 03, 2016 12:18 pm

I realise that I should of posted this in the original post but I can't edit it anymore so this is it:

Seasons!
Each season takes 25 evolutions before it ends. As soon as the season ends the next one takes place.

The first 25 evolutions aren't in any season. There are no extra mechanics like in other seasons. After Autumn it goes to winter then so on, skipping this step out.

Winter
In Winter the planet becomes even colder and the ponds and ocean freeze on the surface. During Winter, pond creatures can't escape to land even if they have legs and lungs until either Winter ends or they somehow find a way to escape. On land, creatures can find shelter such as caves to keep warmer. H wither in the season.

Spring
Spring is the best season for creatures to live in. H grow colorful flowers on top of them and they grow quickly. There are no extra dangers in this season. Spring is like a reward for surviving the harsh winter.

Summer
Summer is the only season when the snow on Platante melts. However, creatures will probably not be used to this and get hot very easily. They must find shade or they could be in a lot of pain.

Autumn
Autumn does not affect pond creatures at all but on land the H turn brown and orange. There isn't many H around during Autumn so food for herbivores can be a bit harder.
Last edited by sensieslime on Wed May 04, 2016 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thank you for reading!
sensieslime
Keeper

Postby SlimeCrafter » Tue May 03, 2016 12:20 pm

Image E develops a few sort of Proto-Root tubes for sucking in bacteria.
He's the biggest nerd there is, iiiiiiit's....

Mr. Moonjump!

Hehe. I used to be known as SlimeCrafter, but I grew out of that name...

I, uh... can't seem to change it. Oof.
SlimeCrafter
Keeper

Postby sensieslime » Wed May 04, 2016 6:58 am

P's mouth and tail grow larger to help them speed around the pond and eat food with ease.

I fear that not all creatures will get out of the pond before winter. Some may die out stuck under the ice. Remember I will be strict and kill off species at any wrong move such as carnivores not having any herbivores to eat.
In the last 6 evos before winter, we either try to rush one out of the pond or try and get as many as possible out, risking getting them all trapped in the pond for all of winter.
Thank you for reading!
sensieslime
Keeper

Postby Blazekop12 » Wed May 04, 2016 10:57 am

P begins to develop back flippers to help glide through the water, which also can be seen as leg beginnings.
J begins to grow a bone structure, as well as having their flippers turn into legs and arms, preparing for land quickly before the harsh winter comes.
Last edited by Blazekop12 on Wed May 04, 2016 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blazekop12
Rancher

Postby sensieslime » Wed May 04, 2016 12:37 pm

In the middle of P's other two cilia, more flippers grow. They start to develop some kind of skin too, which will be helpful when surviving in the planet's cold surface.

The symmetry tool works perfectly with this creature! How do you like the season feature? I think it adds a goal and makes people think about what the creature really needs to survive.

LOL I JUST RELISED THAT I SPELT PLANET WRONG IN THE FOURM NAME!!! I WISH I COULD EDIT IT. ;-;
Thank you for reading!
sensieslime
Keeper

Postby Blazekop12 » Wed May 04, 2016 1:17 pm

sensieslime wrote:Image
In the middle of P's other two cilia, more flippers grow. They start to develop some kind of skin too, which will be helpful when surviving in the planet's cold surface.

The symmetry tool works perfectly with this creature! How do you like the season feature? I think it adds a goal and makes people think about what the creature really needs to survive.

LOL I JUST RELISED THAT I SPELT PLANET WRONG IN THE FOURM NAME!!! I WISH I COULD EDIT IT. ;-;

I like the feature of seasons because it adds a certain level of challenge to the evogame. For instance, if it's spring or summer, the games easier due to food surplus and nice weather, but if it's autumn or winter the games harder due to harsh weather and lack of food.
Blazekop12
Rancher

Postby sensieslime » Thu May 05, 2016 7:05 am

P finally grow proto lungs and can now breathe out of water for about 10 minutes. P have also lost their unneeded cilia since they can move with their flippers now.

Here is the creature update! All creatures have had a huge growth and are now measured in millimetres instead of nanometres or micrometres. H is still measured in centimetres.

P are about 3.7 millimetres long.

J are about 2.7 millimetres long.

E are about 5.2 millimetres long.

JL are about 3.1 millimetres long.

H are about 9 centimetres tall.
Thank you for reading!
sensieslime
Keeper

Next

Return to Far, Far Off-Topic