A not-as-simple EvoGame

Community discussion unrelated to Slime Rancher

Re: A not-as-simple EvoGame

Postby Blazekop12 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:23 pm

sensieslime wrote: But... the L-EX doesn't even have skin like the L yet... Since it's body is basically pure slime with a heart in it and could be broken apart in one hit from L's tusk... *cough cough*You might wanna give them skin*cough cough*.

Oh yeah... L-EX's brain has developed, and it's exoskeleton has grown into it's body, growing skin over it. L-EX also has gained secondary mandibles that resemble tusks.

Blazekop12
Rancher

Postby sensieslime » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:58 am

Blazekop12 wrote:
sensieslime wrote: But... the L-EX doesn't even have skin like the L yet... Since it's body is basically pure slime with a heart in it and could be broken apart in one hit from L's tusk... *cough cough*You might wanna give them skin*cough cough*.

Oh yeah... L-EX's brain has developed, and it's exoskeleton has grown into it's body, growing skin over it. L-EX also has gained secondary mandibles that resemble tusks.

How will L-EX's tusks help them if they are pointed to the side? Personally I don't think tusks suit L-EX since it's like the stealthy predator and L is like the strong tank that charges and bashes it's predators. But hey, there aren't rules in evo games!
Thank you for reading!
Huge thanks to Sectanza for making my amazing avatar!
Go and give her cookies!!!
Want to see my slime ideas and their artwork? Go here!
Want to play an Evogame? Go here!
sensieslime
Keeper

Postby TheMightyHoneySlime » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:39 am

The L gains tail spikes to help with combat
Attachments
L.png
L.png (881 Bytes) Viewed 17552 times
I drew this icon
can you see this?
TheMightyHoneySlime
Rancher

Location: Somewhere in the Far, Far, Range, I'm not sure where

Postby sensieslime » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:56 am

Split from L

Since getting proper brains, some L have had thoughts other than killing L-EX and eating L-FP. A couple of the L species become less aggressive and now resemble pigs. This new species is called L-P. Both L and L-P (now) have a skeleton.

Meanwhile in the sea, the L-M have lost their club since it was weighing them down and they couldn't use it well underwater.
Thank you for reading!
sensieslime
Keeper

Postby Blazekop12 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:16 pm

L-EX grows to a bigger size to combat L's with ease, and it's tail gains spikes all around it, creating somewhat of an Armour.

Blazekop12
Rancher

Postby sensieslime » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:45 pm

These are all the latest versions of each creature! This is to make it easier to find them.

Image You don't want to mess with this guy!
Image Oink oink!
Image Your classic murder creature.
Image Just after you got to land, you were like nope when the L-EX came and went strait back into the water!
Image Just a tiny little plant floati- oh, now they've been eaten... ;(
Image I don't know why this one is smaller than the others...
Image As requested from GreenTitan, I made L-X an omnivore. I don't think it's supposed to be a split.

EDIT: I Evolved the L-P! Still being the smartest creature around, L-P become much bigger and their tusks start to shrink since they aren't violent creatures. They also seem to be migrating away from where the L-EX and L live, however to get to another forest on the island, they must climb large mountains which will prove difficult.
ImageEDIT TWO: The old image didn't work very well. I changed it!
Last edited by sensieslime on Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
Thank you for reading!
sensieslime
Keeper

Postby greentitan » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:20 am

sensieslime wrote:These are all the latest versions of each creature! This is to make it easier to find them.

Image You don't want to mess with this guy!
Image Oink oink!
Image Your classic murder creature.
Image Just after you got to land, you were like nope when the L-EX came and went strait back into the water!
Image Just a tiny little plant floati- oh, now they've been eaten... ;(
Image I don't know why this one is smaller than the others...
Image As requested from GreenTitan, I made L-X an omnivore. I don't think it's supposed to be a split.

EDIT: I Evolved the L-P! Still being the smartest creature around, L-P become much bigger and their tusks start to shrink since they aren't violent creatures. They also seem to be migrating away from where the L-EX and L live, however to get to another forest on the island, they must climb large mountains which will prove difficult.
Image Is it too big? Please tell me if it is. That's only x2 in size so I can't make it smaller without putting it at the size it was at before. I suck at computers so I don't know a lot of stuff to do with images.

thanks can i reqest another picture to make L-F look more like coral
greentitan
Rancher

Postby greentitan » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:27 am

sooo many splits also L-P is pig
greentitan
Rancher

Postby sensieslime » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:47 am

That's what I was aiming for! Try and do it yourself this time! Here are the steps:
1) Save the latest picture of the creature you want to evolve.
2) Go to a paint program with a pixel mode. If you want a quick and easy one go here.
3) Import the latest creature into your paint program. Now you can edit it with the tools.
4) Once you've edited it, export it as a png file.
5) Go to Imgur and upload the file. Once it has uploaded you can copy it.
6) At the top of your text box on these forms there is a number of buttons. Click Img.
7) [img].[/img] Will pop up. Paste the picture in between the two [img].[/img]'s.
8) Click preview to see if it's working.
It should look like this: [img.]http://i.imgur.com/s6NCCsr.png[/img] (ignore the white dot).
And when you post it, it should look like this: Image
Last edited by sensieslime on Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:01 am, edited 4 times in total.
Thank you for reading!
sensieslime
Keeper

Postby greentitan » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:52 am

heh pig i will personally make sure L-EX dose not eat it
greentitan
Rancher

Postby sensieslime » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:26 am

L-P have now lost their tusks and have started to grow pink hair on their back so they can survive the mountains to get to the other L-FP forest where the other creatures won't be able to go.
Last edited by sensieslime on Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thank you for reading!
sensieslime
Keeper

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:04 am

L-P's brain becomes even more advanced, gaining a strong upper cortex and cerebellum. It's beak adjusts to be able to communicate with it's fellow L-P's.

Ps. I also made it into a png.
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby Blazekop12 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:22 am

L-EX gains a second smaller pair of mandibles, making it easier to eat it's food. L-EX gains claws that help cut through it's prey to gain meat, as well as gaining side spikes along its limbs that helps easily wound and kill any opponent in combat.

Blazekop12
Rancher

Postby sensieslime » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:56 am

TheGreciansHousehold wrote:Image

L-P's brain becomes even more advanced, gaining a strong upper cortex and cerebellum. It's beak adjusts to be able to communicate with it's fellow L-P's.

Ps. I also made it into a png.

Uhh... it was already a png... anyway, it doesn't have a beak. XD I changed it into a proper mouth a while ago.. I don't know if we should have a white background or not.
Thank you for reading!
sensieslime
Keeper

Postby FishFruit14 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:56 am

FishFruit14 wrote:Hey, guys! You may remember the last evogame we made, Fenzo. It was pretty succesful, and here are the results:

Also, here were two other results I couldn't fit in the chart

Anyways, I applaud all who participated. Fenzo was a success.

Now, we're starting again, a bit differently.

Here is a view of part of one of the oceans of our planet. The ocean is called "Seylo", and the planet is "Bebote".

Bebote is a planet with low amounts of oxygen in it's atmosphere. It orbits a dark orangey-red sun, "Enokan", which of course gives out orangey-red light.

Seylo is known as the "green ocean". Various chemicals in Seylo have given it a greenish hue. Seylo is suprisingly shallow, meaning moderate amounts of this red-orange light can reach the bottom. The bottom of Seylo is pitted with long fissures, going deep into the ground. Above these fissures are large amounts of lose substrate, then impenatrable rock.

And right now, on Bebote, there is only one form of life, which inhabits Seylo.

L is a small green signle celled organism, with only a flagella. It tends to stay near the bottom of the ocean, but not in the crevasses, where it is safe from whatever potential harm there may be.

Here is a picture of L in Seylo:

L are very small, so it will be very hard to find the single L in that picture. If you really wish, zoom in on the bit of ocean floor to the right of the third crevasse.

Right now, L's population is low, as their only food supply are the minerals in the water.

To evolve L, all you need to do is draw L's evolution onto it. A good example can be seen with R on the before mentioned Fenzo.

One main rule that is different between Bebote and Fenzo is splitting. One Fenzo, R only occasionally split. On Bebote, any major evolution will count as a split.

To signify a split, which must be a more drastic evolution than normal, you must change the name of the organism. If you are not splitting the creature, do not change the name. Once you evolve (but don't split) a creature, it's old form is gone. Evolving a creature means evolving all of that creature. Splitting means evolving only a few.

The rules are simple:

1) Always save the file as a ".png". It helps the image stay much clearer. Eventually, if we get to a much bigger creature, we may no longer need to, but for now, ".png".

2) Don't devolve someone else's evolution right away. Say someone gives our creature a harmful evolution instead of a helpful one. You CAN devolve it, but wait a little bit first to see how it affects the creature.

3) Nothing innapropriate. Please, people, there's kids on these forums, and it's just not funny.

4) Always state (or quote) which creature you are evolving from, toa void confusion.

Anyways, have fun! I will try to make an EvoChart, and Useable creatures chart, and a food web chart as often as possible.

I can't wait to see how L turns out.

Edit: I would prefer the images transparent if possible, please and thank you.

Ahem
Sectanza made my amazing spider slime avatar!!! Thanks, Sectanza!!!
FishFruit14
Rancher

Postby sensieslime » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:34 am

Sorry!

EDIT: L-P continue to grow fur and their great escape plan is ready! Their legs are much stronger and can carry them over the rough terrain on the mountains. They have set of on another great journey to escape their predators!
L-P have begun to climb the mountains that separate the two sides of the island!
Thank you for reading!
sensieslime
Keeper

Postby FishFruit14 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:34 pm

sensieslime wrote:Sorry!

EDIT: L-P continue to grow fur and their great escape plan is ready! Their legs are much stronger and can carry them over the rough terrain on the mountains. They have set of on another great journey to escape their predators!
L-P have begun to climb the mountains that separate the two sides of the island!

I never said there were mountains, but let's go with it.
FishFruit14
Rancher

Postby sensieslime » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:50 am

FishFruit14 wrote:
sensieslime wrote:Sorry!

I never said there were mountains, but let's go with it.

You never said anything about the land actually, so I assumed you could kinda make up the map...
Thank you for reading!
sensieslime
Keeper

Postby sensieslime » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:05 am

While the L-P still climb the mountains, the L-FP grow a rich, bark to protect their gloopy inners. They also grow more leaves on their top.

Meanwhile, the L-P have travelled higher up into the mountains. Here it is colder, but there is no snow since the sun is so warm. The cold isn't the L-P's main concern though, their concerns are about the lack of oxygen. The L-P will be able to survive this trip but It will take time, and unfortunately, they will feel pain along the way. On the bright side, L-P's brain continues to evolve and they now feel emotion!!! If a L-P in a L-P heard dies, the other L-P will stand next to their body as if to pay their respects. They also share food which is very important now since not much L-FP spreads up the mountain meaning there isn't much food.
I don't know how to signify their brain getting better, so I made their tail curlier and changed some colouring. Why? Because pigs.
Thank you for reading!
sensieslime
Keeper

Postby sensieslime » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:25 pm

am I allowed to make my own evogame thread so that we can have two evogames going on at once?
Thank you for reading!
sensieslime
Keeper

Postby Blazekop12 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:10 pm

Some L-EX's, traveling to slightly higher areas to ambush L's, begin to have their arms flatten and help them glide through the air. These L-EX's are growing what appears to be the beginning of wings, and this is extraordinary as no other creature on the planet has gained a feat such as this. This is a split from L-EX, and it is known as L-EXW.

Blazekop12
Rancher

Postby sensieslime » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:32 am

Blazekop12 wrote:Some L-EX's, traveling to slightly higher areas to ambush L's, begin to have their arms flatten and help them glide through the air. These L-EX's are growing what appears to be the beginning of wings, and this is extraordinary as no other creature on the planet has gained a feat such as this. This is a split from L-EX, and it is known as L-EXW.

Uh... L don't live in the mountains... and if you're talking about L-P then they're really, really far away now, in other words they've climbed many mountains so they can't be caught up with... for now.

Speaking of L-P's journey, they have finally reached the bottom of the mountains, where they are greeted by another L-FP forest that they don't have to share with the other species. This forest is wetter and it rains more often here than in the other forest which is good since there is more to drink! Their eyes have also moved further away from each other so L-P can see more clearly now.
Thank you for reading!
sensieslime
Keeper

Postby Blazekop12 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:55 pm

sensieslime wrote: Uh... L don't live in the mountains... and if you're talking about L-P then they're really, really far away now, in other words they've climbed many mountains so they can't be caught up with... for now.

By higher ares, I mean like a slightly higher ground above other creatures. For instance, a L-EX climbs a hill. It then jumps on a L from above and kills it.
Blazekop12
Rancher

Postby FishFruit14 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:41 am

I hope you guys realize that I never said there were mountains, or rain. The whole planet is either a barren wasteland or a barren ocean. It's burning hot outside the water.
FishFruit14
Rancher

Postby FishFruit14 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:42 am

I hope you guys realize that I never said there were mountains, or rain. The whole planet is either a barren wasteland or a barren ocean. It's burning hot outside the water.
FishFruit14
Rancher

PreviousNext

Return to Far, Far Off-Topic