Rancher's Paradise (Slime Rancher RP)

Community discussion unrelated to Slime Rancher

Rancher's Paradise (Slime Rancher RP)

Postby Sectanza » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:13 pm

Moderators, if you feel this needs to be moved elsewhere, feel free to move it!
I honestly just felt like making this. I'd like to put another story on Wattpad, and I'm a big fan of Slime Rancher; so why not create a slime story with the rest of the Ranchers? :3
Rules:
- Read absolutely everything in this post, as I can promise it's all important!
- Your post must have at least 3 complete sentences.
- Please, for the love of all that is holy, use proper grammar and spelling! No capitalizing the first letter of every word, use correct punctuation, spell correctly as often as you can (Google it if you must), absolutely no "L33T SPEAK" (again, Google it if you must), and everything else you were taught about grammar. If you are from a foreign place and aren't familiar with American grammar, you are excused. 3 strikes and you're out!
- You must copy the form and fill all of it in for your character unless it says (Optional) next to it.
- Don't be rude to fellow roleplayers. C'mon, we're all friends here!
- If you want to speak OoC (Out of Character), put what you want to say in parenthesis. Example: Beatrix smiled at the fellow rancher as she passed by, Vacpack stuffed full of Pink Slimes. etc. etc. (I really like your character by the way, CleverNameHere! ^u^)
- Requests for slimes and food items must be put in OoC and have to be approved by me before they can be added in.
Character Form:
Name:
Beginner or Veteran?:
Appearance (Picture or Description):
What does your Rancher look for in a slime? (Underline what applies): Cuteness|Whatever rakes in more Newbucks|Common and low-maintenance|Rarity
What Slime Rancher food does your Rancher wish they could eat?:
Overall Personality (Preferably only a few sentences):
Other (Whatever you find necessary; Optional):
The Setting:
Travelers of the Far, Far Range have recently discovered a rainforest island paradise in the middle of the Slime Sea. Scientists have named this island Utopia Isle, also called the Rancher's Paradise due to the abundance of newly discovered slimes and food. They set up a second Ranch on the island for convenience, and ever since then, ranchers have been flocking to Utopia Isle via boat in search of the colorful Macaw Slimes, dangerous Piranha Slimes, adorable Monkey Slimes, and many more! Another group of eager beginners and curious veterans has recently arrived at the Rancher's Paradise, anxious to raise these new species. (And that's where we all come in! I'll also illustrate the island eventually.)
Indigenous Slimes and Food:
Pink Slimes, Phosphor Slimes, Pogofruit, Carrots, and Hen Hens are obviously here. Mint Mangos will appear on a few trees in the area.
Any food or slime ideas you have give me here! Just note that they have to be indigenous to rainforest, islands, or volcanoes.
Macaw Slime
Its favorite game is Hide and Speak.
Default Plort Value: 25
Diet: Fruit
Favorite Food: Mint Mango
Aggressive?: No
Slimeology: Macaw Slimes are an adorable, friendly species that fly from place to place in Utopia Isle. They spend a lot of their time searching for their favorite food, the Mint Mango, although they usually don't eat the fruit itself; they dig the seeds out using their sharp beaks and eat those instead. They enjoy imitating other slimes and Ranchers, following them around at the same pace that they slide around or walk.
Rancher Risks: Macaw Slimes will follow the Rancher around until they lose interest, making them both a blessing and a curse. It makes them much easier to capture, as you'll often see a conga line of them chirping behind you; however, it's best to avoid walking to places with lots of Largos until they leave you alone, or these cuties might cause a Tarr outbreak! An Air Net is also necessary in raising these slimes, as they can easily fly out of first-stage corrals.
Plortonomics: Macaw Plorts are of multiple bright colors, and thus they are commonly used in clothing dyes and paints. They are only blue, red, yellow, and white on the outside, but once cracked open, they reveal every color known to man! How so many colors can fit into one little Plort is still a mystery, but Slimeobiologists at 7Zee Corp are working on it. We think.
Piranha Slime
Om nom nom!
Default Plort Value: 30
Diet: Meat
Favorite Food: Briar Hen (until a new Hen Hen species is introduced here)
Aggressive?: Yes
Slimeology: Piranha Slimes are a very dangerous species due to their razor-sharp teeth, swimming along the banks of Utopia Isle and appearing rarely in lakes on the island. As a very 'hangry' species, they are quick to attack Ranchers and slimes that wander into their territory. They will sometimes even fly out of the water when they're starving and flop around on shore in search of Briar Hens, although they dry out and die on land very quickly.
Rancher Risks: Piranha Slimes are very aggressive and always hungry, so it's best to stay away from the banks of Utopia Isle; you may get your toesies bitten off if you don't! A bite from the Piranha Slime deals 10 damage to a Rancher. An Aquarium is necessary to raise these slimes (Aquarium is essentially a Corral full of water, Music Boxes are replaced with Calming Coral), as a Pond is too shallow for these water-breathers. They must also be fed every 2 in-game hours, as they start attacking and eating other Piranha Slimes in their Aquarium if you don't!
Plortonomics: The white extrusions that line the bottom of Piranha Plorts are razor-sharp, making them a key component in everything from box cutters to kitchen knives to even hatchets. After the sharp extrusions are plucked off, the edible Plort is passed over to chefs, deep-fried, and served in restaurants as 'Orange Roughy.'
Monkey Slime
See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.
Default Plort Value: 20
Diet: Fruit, Veggies
Favorite Food: Crescent Banana
Aggressive?: No
Slimeology: Monkey Slimes are another friendly species on Utopia Isle, hanging down from trees by their tails and greeting passing Ranchers with an 'oo oo ah ah ah!' Besides that, they typically stay out of a Rancher's path, although the mean Monkey Slimes will pick up their Plorts in their tails, chuck them at slimes and Ranchers, and laugh. The little jerks.
Rancher Risks: Monkey Slimes have the tendency to fling their Plorts around, making them a dangerous species to have if you own a lot of Largos. To prevent their Plorts from winding up in another corral and causing a Tarr outbreak, simply buy an Air Net; their Plorts should bounce right off! ... Right? But, if nothing else, put them in a different area of the Ranch away from your Largos.
Plortonomics: It's unknown what Monkey Plorts are used for, although some people claim they could be put into candles due to their banana scent or eaten because of their banana flavor. Why people ate these Plorts, we honestly have no clue...
Crescent Banana
Their soft glow is quite a-peel-ing.
Type: Fruit
Favorite of: Monkey Slime
On the Ranch: Deposit a Crescent Banana into a garden's depositor and you'll grow a large Crescent Banana tree of your own. This tree will last for several harvests. These delicious fruits give off a faint yellow light, making them easily spotted in the dark night. Due to the craters that litter the peels of this food, they spoil much quicker, so they only last a few in-game hours after they're fully grown.
My Ranchers:
Name: Jess McFarland
Beginner or Veteran?: Conidered a Beginner, but has done enough research to know what a Veteran knows
Appearance (Picture or Description):
(Plus a pair of amber glasses that I keep forgetting to add whenever I draw myself)
What does your Rancher look for in a slime? (Underline what applies): Cuteness|Whatever rakes in more Newbucks|Common and low-maintenance|Rarity
What Slime Rancher food does your Rancher wish they could eat?: Cuberries, as she adores strawberries back on Earth
Overall Personality (Preferably only a few sentences): Jess typically tries her best to avoid conversations with Ranchers she doesn't know, but is always the one to start one with somebody she knows. She's a fan of a lot of nerdy things back on Earth and is regretting traveling to this planet, as she practically can't survive without internet. She is very mature for her age, and thus despises being around other people that are her age, as she believes they are 'trying to be edgy.'
Other (Whatever you find necessary; Optional): This character is based around me. :3 Also if you can guess where the spacesuit is from, you get brownie points

I'll make another character eventually :P
Additional Note(s):
- Plort Values will be the way they are on the first day of Slime Rancher (Pink Plort = 7, Phosphor Plort = 15) or as they are defined in the entries (Macaw Slime = 25, Piranha Slime = 30, Monkey Slime = 20). The values will fluctuate with every 3 posts I make, and will be put at the bottom of my post in parenthesis when they fluctuate. You may also ask for the Plort Values in OoC or your character can visit the Plort Market in IC (In Character), and I will give you the values.

Now that you've read through all that torture, copy that form, fill it in, and get to postin'! I'll start when at least 3 people submit at least 1 character.
Last edited by Sectanza on Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry if I ever come off a little rude. I'm a bit of a tsundere.
Twitter|Tumblr|DeviantART
Icon made by SpeedXaaa~
Sectanza
Keeper

Re: Rancher's Paradise (Slime Rancher RP)

Postby Sectanza » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:26 pm

plz
I worked so hard on this
somebody plz join XD
Icon made by SpeedXaaa~
Sectanza
Keeper

Postby CrazeePi » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:41 pm

I would like to join, but question: are there any areas besides tropical forests and beaches (I'm assuming that the island has those), like maybe a volcano?
If an admin or such sees this please delete this account. I did not see any way to delete this account in the settings.
CrazeePi
Keeper

Postby Sectanza » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:51 pm

CrazeePi wrote:I would like to join, but question: are there any areas besides tropical forests and beaches (I'm assuming that the island has those), like maybe a volcano?

Oooh, a volcano is a good idea! There could be a volcano in the center of the island that could be considered another area of the ranch where heat-sensitive slimes could go :D Thank you for the recommendation!
Icon made by SpeedXaaa~
Sectanza
Keeper

Postby irdog » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:01 am

I will be joining just after I'm done with school.
Thanks for reading down here! kisses for youMUAH

Thanks to SpeesXaaa for the avatar!
irdog
Rancher

Postby SlimeCrafter » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:45 am

I would like to join, I just can't draw my character. Oh and does the character have to be from earth/human? SLIME IDEAS AND A NEW AREA: Pineapple Slime, Coconut Slime, and Jellyfish Slime. The Black Desert: This expanse of volcanic rock stretches for miles across one end of the island, making it the perfect home for a few desert-dwelling slimes that don't need to much to survive.
He's the biggest nerd there is, iiiiiiit's....

Mr. Moonjump!

Hehe. I used to be known as SlimeCrafter, but I grew out of that name...

I, uh... can't seem to change it. Oof.
SlimeCrafter
Keeper

Postby BlazingEmpire15 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:44 am

I've got the PERFECT slime for your thing! The Banana Slime! (I don't and can't create them because my skills sucks).

And if you wanted, you can add the mud and zombie slimes. Check out my thread if ya need to see what their descriptions are.

Feel free to add them in your story if I may call it that.

And for my character,

Name: Alexa Lake
She's a veteran Slime Rancher.

Description: She has long brown hair and emerald green eyes, she's 5' 9" and has a passion for slime ranching. She is VERY excited/aggressive to find rare slimes, but she likes to care for her slimes in a compassionate way.

She wishes she could eat a Cresent Banana. (A b-fruit she calls it).

Her personality is strong, she is very careful/aggressive but loving when it comes to finding rare slimes. Overall, she is a kind, kind but daring character.

(If I missed anything, please let me know)!
Thanks to Sectanza for making my avatar! ;)
BlazingEmpire15
Rancher

Postby SlimeCrafter » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:49 am

There is already a banana, so there can't be a slime of it!

Mr. Moonjump!

SlimeCrafter
Keeper

Postby BlazingEmpire15 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:37 pm

Mehhhh *cough killjoy cough* Lol.
Thanks to Sectanza for making my avatar! ;)
BlazingEmpire15
Rancher

Postby Sectanza » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:44 pm

I'll look through all this, accept characters, and look at suggestions once we get back from our next trip to the old house. Thank you for leaving your recommendations!
SlimeCrafter wrote:Oh and does the character have to be from earth/human?

Yes, the character must be a human that traveled to the Slime Rancher planet from Earth. Sorry to limit your creativity </3
Icon made by SpeedXaaa~
Sectanza
Keeper

Postby Blazekop12 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:26 pm

I'd love to join this, so here is my character!
Name: Captain James 'Blaze' Unova
Beginner or Veteran?: Veteran
Appearance:
Starbound_Foil_14.png
Starbound_Foil_14.png (93.67 KiB) Viewed 19535 times
Something along the lines of this with orange hair.
What does your Rancher look for in a slime? My Rancher looks for valuable, rare, and cool looking slimes, like boom, rad, and rocks.
What Slime Rancher food does your Rancher wish they could eat: Oca Oca/ rancher hashbrown.
Overall Personality: Blaze Unova loves a good adventure, is always ready to take on something, and in the end, loves his hefty payment. Blaze also can be cocky at times, and often pays for his overconfidence.
Other: One time he found a pyro slime and tried to pet it... He also had a boom rock largo rebellion happen for forgetting to feed them...
Last edited by Blazekop12 on Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Blazekop12
Rancher

Postby Sectanza » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:36 pm

BlazingEmpire15 wrote:I've got the PERFECT slime for your thing! The Banana Slime! (I don't and can't create them because my skills sucks).

And if you wanted, you can add the mud and zombie slimes. Check out my thread if ya need to see what their descriptions are.

Feel free to add them in your story if I may call it that.

And for my character,

Name: Alexa Lake
She's a veteran Slime Rancher.

Description: She has long brown hair and emerald green eyes, she's 5' 9" and has a passion for slime ranching. She is VERY excited/aggressive to find rare slimes, but she likes to care for her slimes in a compassionate way.

She wishes she could eat a Cresent Banana. (A b-fruit she calls it).

Her personality is strong, she is very careful/aggressive but loving when it comes to finding rare slimes. Overall, she is a kind, kind but daring character.

(If I missed anything, please let me know)!

Unfortunately, I can't include the Banana Slime due to the addition of a banana-based food. Sorry </3
Your character is also accepted! But, if you plan on making another sometime, please copy the form from the first post and fill that in so that it's easier for me to follow along with XD

Blazekop12 wrote:I'd love to join this, so here is my character!
Name: Captain James 'Blaze' Unova
Appearance:
Starbound_Foil_14.png
Something along the lines of this with orange hair.
What does your Rancher look for in a slime? My Rancher looks for valuable, rare, and cool looking slimes, like boom, rad, and rocks.
What Slime Rancher food does your Rancher wish they could eat?:
Overall Personality: Blaze Unova loves a good adventure, is always ready to take on something, and in the end, loves his hefty payment. Blaze also can be cocky at times, and often pays for his overconfidence.
Other: One time he found a pyro slime and tried to pet it... He also had a boom rock largo rebellion happen for forgetting to feed them...

Please fill in the part of the form I put in bold. <3
Icon made by SpeedXaaa~
Sectanza
Keeper

Postby Blazekop12 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:59 pm

Sectanza wrote:Pleaae fill in the part of the form I put in bold. <3

Oops, didn't notice that. Fixed!
Blazekop12
Rancher

Postby Sectanza » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:21 pm

Thank you and accepted! :D Once irdog or CrazeePi make their forms, I'll make the first post! ^u^
Icon made by SpeedXaaa~
Sectanza
Keeper

Postby SlimeCrafter » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:50 pm

Name: Professor K. Boom
Appearance (Picture or Description): Boom is a strange scientist who always wears a blackened and burnt lab coat. He also always has homemade Boom Plort Grenades attached to his always smoldering belt. His hair is never straight, his jeans are covered in scorch marks and he never wears shoes.
What does your Rancher look for in a slime? (Underline what applies): EXPLOSIVENESS
What Slime Rancher food does your Rancher wish they could eat?: From this page:http://forums.monomipark.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2043&p=14491#p14491 Boom Berry
Overall Personality (Preferably only a few sentences): This strange scientist is always looking for a more explosive slime then the boom slime. He is a little on the crazy side, as he runs into walls "Because its fun!" Every time a new challenge appears, he clears his schedule and sets off to do it immediately.
Other (Whatever you find necessary; Optional): The lab coat he wears has been with him since he was five. He has never taken it off since. (it was very oversized when he got it.) He knows how to make fireworks out of plorts and Boom Berries, and he carries a Super Vitamizer which is the vac part of a Vac-Pac that has 8 Rad plorts attached to it, and the head of a vitamizer attached to the end.
Last edited by SlimeCrafter on Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Moonjump!

SlimeCrafter
Keeper

Postby Sectanza » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:35 pm

SlimeCrafter wrote:Name: Professor K. Boom
Appearance (Picture or Description): Boom is a strange scientist who always wears a blackened and burnt lab coat. He also always has homemade Boom Plort Grenades attached to his always smoldering belt. His hair is never straight, his jeans are covered in scorch marks and he never wears shoes.
What does your Rancher look for in a slime? (Underline what applies): Cuteness|Whatever rakes in more Newbucks|Common and low-maintenance|Rarity (does it have to be one of these? if not, then EXPLOSIVENESS.)
What Slime Rancher food does your Rancher wish they could eat?: From this page:http://forums.monomipark.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2043&p=14491#p14491 Boom Berry
Overall Personality (Preferably only a few sentences): This strange scientist is always looking for a more explosive slime then the boom slime. He is a little on the crazy side, as he runs into walls "Because its fun!" Every time a new challenge appears, he clears his schedule and sets off to do it immediately.
Other (Whatever you find necessary; Optional): The lab coat he wears has been with him since he was five. He has never taken it off since.

Accepted! I'll wait until tomorrow to start it up so that we don't leave out the people that planned on joining. c:
Runs into walls "because it's fun..." Reminds me of a pug I used to have XD
Icon made by SpeedXaaa~
Sectanza
Keeper

Postby irdog » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:44 am

YAY! I did it also I was tired and didn’t join yesterday sorry.

Name: Ian "Tabby" Jones
Beginner or Veteran?: Beginner but knows a few tricks ;)
Appearance (Picture or Description): 6ft., green eyes with hair dyed blue with orange at the tips,has a aqua sweater he wears at all times,brown jeans,blue and grey boots,and a pair if orange with blue at the end gloves.

What Slime Rancher food does your Rancher wish they could eat?: Cubeberry
Overall Personality (Preferably only a few sentences): Very out going and loves to meet new people,can be a little weird at first,and loves to be funny

Other (Whatever you find necessary; Optional): He doesn’t remember Earth that well because he moved to the range when he was 3.
Thanks for reading down here! kisses for youMUAH

Thanks to SpeesXaaa for the avatar!
irdog
Rancher

Postby Sectanza » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:57 am

irdog wrote:YAY! I did it also I was tired and didn’t join yesterday sorry.

Name: Ian "Tabby" Jones
Beginner or Veteran?: Beginner but knows a few tricks ;)
Appearance (Picture or Description): 6ft., green eyes with hair dyed blue with orange at the tips,has a aqua sweater he wears at all times,brown jeans,blue and grey boots,and a pair if orange with blue at the end gloves.

What Slime Rancher food does your Rancher wish they could eat?: Cubeberry
Overall Personality (Preferably only a few sentences): Very out going and loves to meet new people,can be a little weird at first,and loves to be funny

Other (Whatever you find necessary; Optional): He doesn’t remember Earth that well because he moved to the range when he was 3.

Oh
Oh he and I aren't gonna get along too well
he's 2 feet taller than me and outgoing
uh-ohhhh XD
Also, accepted!

RP will be started up in 30 minutes to give anybody else a chance!
Icon made by SpeedXaaa~
Sectanza
Keeper

Postby Sectanza » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:56 am

(Now starting!
Plort Values:
Pink - 7
Phosphor- 15
Macaw - 25
Piranha - 30
Monkey - 20
Time of Day:
☼ 09:00)

Jess stepped off of the boat after it docked, hunched over a bit and face slightly pale. "Okay... That was my first time on a boat... And it shall be my last time..." She said to herself before standing up straight and looking around. They had docked at the island's biggest beach, but the lush greenery of the rainforests was still no more than 7 or 8 yards away, brightly colored Macaw Slimes poking their heads out through the trees and chirping at the new arrivals.
Icon made by SpeedXaaa~
Sectanza
Keeper

Postby Blazekop12 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:09 am

Meanwhile, Captain Blaze Unova is getting ready to return to the far far range.
"Finally! That vacation to Earth was boring. Nothing to do, and nothing to explore! Now I finally get to go back to the old ranch. Probably should've set the slimes free... They are probably starving... Caldwell, prepare landing sequence!"

Caldwell the ship AI: Preparing landing sequence.

"Time to get my cool shades on!"

"WARNING WARNING, WE HAVE BEEN HIT BY A UNIDENTIFIED OBJECT! PREPARING EMERGENCY-ERROR ERROR!"

"BUT I JUST HAD THIS HAPPEN A YEAR AG-"

Blaze wakes up, finding himself in a jungle landscape.
Blazekop12
Rancher

Postby SlimeCrafter » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:34 am

Suddenly, a wild haired person in a lab coat riding a motorboat shot over his head, and the boat landed in a palm tree before exploding.
"Wow, what a landing! I GIVE MYSELF 13 PO- Oh hello, I didn't see you there! What's your name? I am Professor K. Boom, just to save you the trouble of asking me mine! Hey, where did you get those scorch marks on your hands from? Ooh, a Macaw Slime! Here birdie birdie birdie!" Boom said, not stopping to let Blaze talk. Then, Boom started to follow the macaw slime around, the same way they follow humans around.

(hey, I updated my character post and added a few new things to optional)
Last edited by SlimeCrafter on Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Moonjump!

SlimeCrafter
Keeper

Postby Sectanza » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:44 am

SlimeCrafter wrote:Suddenly, a wild haired person in a lab coat riding a motorboat shot over his head, and the boat landed in a palm tree before exploding. (hey, I updated my character post and added a few new things to optional)

(
Sectanza wrote:- Your post must have at least 3 complete sentences.

sorry to be a stickler. </3)
Icon made by SpeedXaaa~
Sectanza
Keeper

Postby CrazeePi » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:50 am

((It's not too late, is it?))
If an admin or such sees this please delete this account. I did not see any way to delete this account in the settings.
CrazeePi
Keeper

Postby SlimeCrafter » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:51 am

(Not yet it isn't!)

Mr. Moonjump!

SlimeCrafter
Keeper

Postby SlimeCrafter » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:02 pm

(hey, I fixed my post!)

Mr. Moonjump!

SlimeCrafter
Keeper

Next

Return to Far, Far Off-Topic