Welcome to the Far, Far Ranch! (A Slime Rancher RP)

Community discussion unrelated to Slime Rancher

Welcome to the Far, Far Ranch! (A Slime Rancher RP)

Postby Nexmaster7 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:54 am

Greetings ranchers, and welcome to the Far, Far Ranch! Here you will begin your life as a slime rancher. The VVN Corporation has been generous enough to supply you with a plot of land, a Ranch house, and a Vacpack, as well as many other things found around the ranch. Now, get out there and start Ranching!

Rules:
Rule 1: No godmodding. (How you godmod in Slime Rancher I have no idea, but don't do it!)
Rule 2: Keep things PG-13!
Rule 3: Refer to Rule 7.
Rule 4: Plort values will be updated every day in the Original post at 12:00 pm (UTC -5) Eastern Standard Time.
Rule 5: See Rule 7.
Rule 6: If you get knocked out by (falling into the sea, being damaged by a slime, or been Tarr'd) you will have to make a "Rescue Beacon." (Just leave a line in bold at the bottom of your post that says "Rescue Needed!")
Rule 8: There is no Rule 7.
Rule 9: Rule 7 is that slimes are awesome!

Plort Values:
Pink Plorts: 7 NB
Rock Plorts: 15 NB
Phosphor Plorts: 15 NB
Tabby Plorts: 15 NB
Rad Plorts: 30 NB
Boom Plorts: 30 NB
Honey Plorts: 30 NB
Puddle Plorts: 30 NB
Golden Plorts: 200 NB

Character Sheet:
Name:
Appearance: (Either a brief description or a picture)

Character List:
Name: Cyroill
Appearance: Cyroill is a 5' 9" tall, his hair is a dark golden brown, the color of his eyes is that of stainless steel. He often wears a t-shirt with some blue jeans. He's a rather laid-back rancher, often making jokes and having fun.
~~~
Name: Rocket
Appearance: Rocket is relatively short, being around 4 feet in height. He is also pretty chubby, but also has a slight bit of muscle, so he can lift more than the average human. His eyes are almost completely black, and his messy, short hair is a light blue, though chances are, the odd color is just dye. He usually wears light armor over his clothing for both the sake of protection, and because he has a soft spot for middle-eastern myths.
Personality and Traits: Rocket is very compassionate, loyal, and honest. and often tries to give others a chance, even if they appear to be dangerous. On the downside, his stubborn nature can lead to him making reckless decisions, and also make himself try to force the truth out of others from time to time. He also has a bad habit of peppering his speech with slime puns, and finds it almost impossible to stop this habit.
~~~
Name: Earl William XVII
Appearance: He is from crocodilian like species. 10 feet long quadruped with emerald and gold scales. Thick hide and long snout full of sharp teeth.
Personality and traits: Earl William is a close relative of the royal family of some distant planet. He was exiled because he was suspected of trying to take the throne. He came to far-far ranch accidentally because he was too proud to use autopilot and cannot fly. . He theoretically could carry smaller species or cargo on his back for transfer on land. But he is far too proud. He has no opposable thumbs, so he cannot use a vac-pack or tools. While carnivorous, he is not aggressive and does not feed on intelligent/semi-intelligent life forms (slimes). Because of his tough scales, it is pretty hard to hurt him, and he is strong physically. But he is a coward who is lazy and lacks motivation.He also does not know his own strength. He can also run quite fast, but doesn't, because he is lazy. He is arrogant, lazy, rude, cowardly, selfish, envious, ant-social, spoiled, grumpy and always hungry. Though living for so long, he lived a pretty sheltered life and is not at all very knowledgeable or intelligent at all for that matter. But deep down, he does have a moral compass. It just takes time to dig it up.
~~~
Last edited by Nexmaster7 on Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nexmaster7
Rancher

Re: Welcome to the Far, Far Ranch! (A Slime Rancher RP)

Postby Kaite20 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:08 am

Could we use AU versions of canon characters? I'm tempted to use a character from a different series in the role of a rancher. I know this is an odd question, but it has to be asked!
Kaite20
Rancher

Postby Nexmaster7 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:09 am

Kaite20 wrote:Could we use AU versions of canon characters? I'm tempted to use a character from a different series in the role of a rancher. I know this is an odd question, but it has to be asked!

((Sure, feel free to do so~ Just as long as it's not Sephiroth...))
Nexmaster7
Rancher

Postby Kaite20 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:16 am

Nexmaster7 wrote:((Sure, feel free to do so~ Just as long as it's not Sephiroth...))

It's not Sephiroth, hahaha, though it IS a Square-Enix character, funnily enough... and IS a slime in normal canon. I'm probably going to take the gijinka route with him and tone down his abilities to fit in the Slime Rancher canon better, though a sapient slime wrangling other slimes would be interesting!
Kaite20
Rancher

Postby Nexmaster7 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:17 am

Kaite20 wrote:It's not Sephiroth, hahaha, though it IS a Square-Enix character, funnily enough... and IS a slime in normal canon. I'm probably going to take the gijinka route with him and tone down his abilities to fit in the Slime Rancher canon better, though a sapient slime wrangling other slimes would be interesting!

((Hey, go for it, I'd love to see how that would work out.))
Nexmaster7
Rancher

Postby Kaite20 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:40 am

Going with the gijinka route.

Name: Rocket
Appearance: Rocket is relatively short, being around 4 feet in height. He is also pretty chubby, but also has a slight bit of muscle, so he can lift more than the average human. His eyes are almost completely black, and his messy, short hair is a light blue, though chances are, the odd color is just dye. He usually wears light armor over his clothing for both the sake of protection, and because he has a soft spot for middle-eastern myths.
Personality and Traits: Rocket is very compassionate, loyal, and honest. and often tries to give others a chance, even if they appear to be dangerous. On the downside, his stubborn nature can lead to him making reckless decisions, and also make himself try to force the truth out of others from time to time. He also has a bad habit of peppering his speech with slime puns, and finds it almost impossible to stop this habit.

Is this good enough?
Kaite20
Rancher

Postby Nexmaster7 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:42 am

((Yes it is!))
Nexmaster7
Rancher

Postby Kaite20 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:19 am

Oh, um, question. Can we show visible damage? I don't mean extreme gore (how would we even get that far, anyway?), but I mean with Tarrs, Rock Slimes, Boom Slimes, and those hostile slimes, injuries may occur, which depending on the wound, might include a slight bit of bloodshed, you know?
Kaite20
Rancher

Postby Nexmaster7 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:27 am

Kaite20 wrote:Oh, um, question. Can we show visible damage? I don't mean extreme gore (how would we even get that far, anyway?), but I mean with Tarrs, Rock Slimes, Boom Slimes, and those hostile slimes, injuries may occur, which depending on the wound, might include a slight bit of bloodshed, you know?

((Hmm... Well, as long as it's within the boundaries of PG-13. I'm thinking that most slime related injuries would leave a nasty bruise or with the case of a Tarr and Hostile Slimes, a nasty scrape.))
Nexmaster7
Rancher

Postby Kaite20 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:32 am

Nexmaster7 wrote:((Hmm... Well, as long as it's within the boundaries of PG-13. I'm thinking that most slime related injuries would leave a nasty bruise or with the case of a Tarr and Hostile Slimes, a nasty scrape.))

Of course, though I'd think the Hostile and Tarr Slimes would leave nasty bite marks instead. And, of course, the Rock Quarry opens up minor scraping with its rough surfaces.
Kaite20
Rancher

Postby Nexmaster7 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:36 am

Kaite20 wrote:Of course, though I'd think the Hostile and Tarr Slimes would leave nasty bite marks instead. And, of course, the Rock Quarry opens up minor scraping with its rough surfaces.

((Alright then, that sounds reasonable.))
Nexmaster7
Rancher

Postby Kaite20 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:43 am

(Cool. Anyway, I'm going to set up my RP responses like this:

Normal text: Narration, and actions taken.
"Quotes:" Speaking. Why else would they be there?
Italics: Thoughts.
Bold: Aside from the other use mentioned in the rules, it is used for emphasis.
(Parenthesis:) OOC stuff. Basically, the mun talking.

I hope this helps!)
Kaite20
Rancher

Postby Nexmaster7 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:49 am

Kaite20 wrote:(Cool. Anyway, I'm going to set up my RP responses like this:

Normal text: Narration, and actions taken.
"Quotes:" Speaking. Why else would they be there?
Italics: Thoughts.
Bold: Aside from the other use mentioned in the rules, it is used for emphasis.
(Parenthesis:) OOC stuff. Basically, the mun talking.

I hope this helps!)

(Yep this is quite alright.)
Nexmaster7
Rancher

Postby Nunn » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:49 am

Name: Earl William XVII

Appearance: He is from crocodilian like species. 10 feet long quadruped with emerald and gold scales. Thick hide and long snout full of sharp teeth.

Personality and traits: Earl William is a close relative of the royal family of some distant planet. He was exiled because he was suspected of trying to take the throne. He came to far-far ranch accidentally because he was too proud to use autopilot and cannot fly. . He theoretically could carry smaller species or cargo on his back for transfer on land. But he is far too proud. He has no opposable thumbs, so he cannot use a vac-pack or tools. While carnivorous, he is not aggressive and does not feed on intelligent/semi-intelligent life forms (slimes). Because of his tough scales, it is pretty hard to hurt him, and he is strong physically. But he is a coward who is lazy and lacks motivation.He also does not know his own strength. He can also run quite fast, but doesn't, because he is lazy. He is arrogant, lazy, rude, cowardly, selfish, envious, ant-social, spoiled, grumpy and always hungry. Though living for so long, he lived a pretty sheltered life and is not at all very knowledgeable or intelligent at all for that matter. But deep down, he does have a moral compass. It just takes time to dig it up.
Last edited by Nunn on Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nunn
Rancher

Postby Nexmaster7 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:00 am

((Hey, Nunn, I know you probably put quite a bit of time into that profile, but... There are a bit of discrepancies between the profile and the Rules. To me it seems like it is on the edge of Godmodding, but it falls heavily into the area of rather Overpowered... but the flaws you've put in balances it. I'm not going to accept the profile, but I'm not going to tell you that you can't use that profile.))
Nexmaster7
Rancher

Postby Nunn » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:05 am

((Would you accept it if I made it like 10 feet, or is it the ability to swim that bothers you? I could make him unable to swim and scared of water XD))
Nunn
Rancher

Postby Nexmaster7 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:32 am

((Yes to both of them. The Slime Sea isn't supposed to be able to be swam in, and the size is rather large.))
Nexmaster7
Rancher

Postby Nunn » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:44 am

((So then he'll be a 10 foot non swimmer, besides fresh water ponds and rivers in the moss blanket obviously))
Nunn
Rancher

Postby Nexmaster7 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:46 am

((Alright, that seems reasonable.))
Nexmaster7
Rancher

Postby Nunn » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:50 am

((So should I rewrite the bio with those changed details in a new post, or edit the old one? Also, can he not be a coward now that he is much smaller?))
Nunn
Rancher

Postby Nexmaster7 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:53 am

((Edit the profile.))
Nexmaster7
Rancher

Postby Kaite20 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:53 am

(I agree, the size needed to be smaller, and the swimming, while not a terrible trait, could be toned down a bit, especially in terms of the slime sea. But everything else isn't too bad! Rocket would certainly butt heads with him, that's for sure.

Also, I think you should keep the cowardice, but that's just me.)
Kaite20
Rancher

Postby Nunn » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:58 am

((edited))
Nunn
Rancher

Postby Heather » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:50 pm

I feel so bad for asking this but here goes, maybe someone else will learn with me.....

(( what exactly is godmodding and why are we using these LOL ))
OP ideas basically?

please excuse my ignorance Image
Heather
Admin

Postby Kaite20 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:09 pm

Heather wrote:I feel so bad for asking this but here goes, maybe someone else will learn with me.....

(( what exactly is godmodding and why are we using these LOL ))
OP ideas basically?

please excuse my ignorance Image

(This should help! By the way, I'm glad your interested! If you have any more questions, you can contact me (I've RPed for a couple of years now.), or if you want to talk more about making a character, talk to Nexmaster7.

Also, like I mentioned before, the parenthesis are used when we speaking normally, out of character, to distinguish our own comments from the actual roleplay content themselves.)
Kaite20
Rancher

Next

Return to Far, Far Off-Topic