(repost)[Suggestion] General Ideas

Share your original Slimepedia entries

(repost)[Suggestion] General Ideas

Postby Nunn » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:11 pm

moved from here http://forums.monomipark.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=776&p=6031#p6031 ti fit in better with the new structure of the forums.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Before I get started I just want to state that I'm quite new to the forum. And have not had the time to read every thread yet. So In apologize in advance if I suggest something that someone has already come up with. On the other hand, I'm always glad to brainstorm with other members with similar ideas. 2 heads is always better than 1 ;).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pygmy Slimes: Now this could go in 2 directions.

1) Pygmy slimes could be miniature versions of any other slime (about half the size or a bit less) and have a low chance of spawning instead of their regular sized counterparts. They would eat whatever their counterparts eat, and would be generally more adorable.

The perks to having small slimes is that they would never become Tarr. They would instead become Pygmy Largos, and be around the size of a regular slime. They would drop Pygmy plorts that though not as large as the others would be worth more than their larger counterparts.

2) My second idea for Pygmy slimes is that they would be their own unique species and would be found in a tropical area. They would only eat smaller foods such as seeds and smaller berries. They are totally herbivorous and pose no threat to the rancher. They will also be unable to become Tarr as they will instead become Pygmy Largos. Their plorts will be sold at a higher price.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gloomy/Joy Slimes: Gloomy Simes are gray slimes with a permanent frown. They do not eat regular foods and will eventually die. The one way to keep them from dying is to place them in a corral with a music box. Though they will still not eat, they will not die on you.

There is only one thing in the entire game that they will consume. "Happy Blossoms" are extremely rare flowers that contain sweet sweet nectar and all the vitamins a slime needs to stay healthy and of course, happy.

If you feed a Gloomy slime a Happy Blossom. They will transform into a Joy slime. Joy slimes are bright yellow slimes that never stop being happy. They will eat anything and drop Joy plorts. Which in addition to being worth a pretty penny. Can be fed to Gloomy slimes to transform them into Joy slimes.

Joy plorts are used as a spice to put in any food or beverage to give you that boost you need when you're having a bad day.

Corral heaters and coolers for slimes that are used to more extreme climates.

Lava slimes: These HOT HOT slimes are found in volcanic regions. They only eat "Fuego Roots" and though not actively aggressive. They rancher will take damage if they come into contact with one. They need a heater in their corral to survive and drop Lava plorts.

Lava plorts naturally exude heat and will not cool off. They are a cheap and efficient way to keep things warm, And are used in the creation of heaters and ovens.

Frozen slimes: These chilly slimes are found in polar regions and only eat "Chillmoss". though not actively aggressive. They rancher will take damage if they come into contact with one. They need a cooler in their corral to survive and drop Frozen plorts.

Frozen plorts are naturally very cold and will not melt or warm up. They are a cheap and efficient way to keep things cool. And are used in the creation of coolers, fridges and freezers.

Jelly slimes: Pale blue slimes with small shocking tendrils. They can be found in tidal pools in certain areas near the sea, and will die if on any other surface for too long. They can be placed in ponds with the "Saltwater upgrade" and absorb water.

Jelly plorts are used in all sorts of things. From skin cream, to a major source of energy. They are extremely powerful electrical conductors.

Holiday/Event

Easter

Bunny slimes: Bunny slimes are white with long bunny ears. These adorable slimes are extra hippity hoppity. So remember to have high walls in their corral. They will only eat carrots.

Halloween

Phantom slimes: These glowing translucent white slimes only come out at night and will die in the sun. They need a corral with solar shield to protect them from the sun. In addition to that, they would need a music box to calm their lil' slimy souls. But it will be very rewarding for you.

Phantom plorts are still very mysterious. Though people don't know how they truly work. Scientists everywhere believe they are key to revealing the mysteries of the universe.

Thanksgiving

Gob Gob: Gob Gobs are distant cousins to the turkeys back home. And a real treat to any slime that enjoys meat.

Christmas

Frosty slimes: These frosty white slimes hail (lolol snowwy puns) from the far north and are here to spread that holiday cheer. They are white with small pieces of coal for eyes and dotting the line of their mouths. They will eat any fruit or vegetable. Though carrots are their favorite by far. They require a cooler in their corral.

New years

Bang slimes: These slimes are a distant relative of the boom slimes. They are red slimes covered in golden stars. Like their cousins. They are constantly exploding. But unlike their cousins, they create a wonderful fireworks show every time they do. They can be placed in a corral with a music box to stop them from exploding. But why would you want to?

That's it for now. Please share how you feel. I would be glad to hear any suggestions you may have and always welcome feedback. Criticism is also always welcome as long as it is constructive. If you have ideas, please share them. I strongly believe that you should voice your opinions and never give up to quickly on your ideas. You really don't have much to lose giving it a try.

Would love to here what yall think. And I hope we can help inspire one another. The game is still in early development. So this is the time to get creative and see if you can leave your mark :).
Nunn
Rancher

Re: (repost)[Suggestion] General Ideas

Postby Kaite20 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:39 pm

Nunn wrote:Pygmy Slimes: Now this could go in 2 directions.

1) Pygmy slimes could be miniature versions of any other slime (about half the size or a bit less) and have a low chance of spawning instead of their regular sized counterparts. They would eat whatever their counterparts eat, and would be generally more adorable.

The perks to having small slimes is that they would never become Tarr. They would instead become Pygmy Largos, and be around the size of a regular slime. They would drop Pygmy plorts that though not as large as the others would be worth more than their larger counterparts.

2) My second idea for Pygmy slimes is that they would be their own unique species and would be found in a tropical area. They would only eat smaller foods such as seeds and smaller berries. They are totally herbivorous and pose no threat to the rancher. They will also be unable to become Tarr as they will instead become Pygmy Largos. Their plorts will be sold at a higher price.

Not a bad idea, but how would they deal with plorts once they become largos? Unless you're saying they don't transform and just ignore other plorts, which is a little hard to believe.

Nunn wrote:Gloomy/Joy Slimes: Gloomy Simes are gray slimes with a permanent frown. They do not eat regular foods and will eventually die. The one way to keep them from dying is to place them in a corral with a music box. Though they will still not eat, they will not die on you.

There is only one thing in the entire game that they will consume. "Happy Blossoms" are extremely rare flowers that contain sweet sweet nectar and all the vitamins a slime needs to stay healthy and of course, happy.

If you feed a Gloomy slime a Happy Blossom. They will transform into a Joy slime. Joy slimes are bright yellow slimes that never stop being happy. They will eat anything and drop Joy plorts. Which in addition to being worth a pretty penny. Can be fed to Gloomy slimes to transform them into Joy slimes.

Joy plorts are used as a spice to put in any food or beverage to give you that boost you need when you're having a bad day.

The transformation should be slow, I think, and require 5 Happy Blossoms. After all, I want to see them like you and even crack a smile before hand before transforming.

Nunn wrote:Lava slimes: These HOT HOT slimes are found in volcanic regions. They only eat "Fuego Roots" and though not actively aggressive. They rancher will take damage if they come into contact with one. They need a heater in their corral to survive and drop Lava plorts.

Lava plorts naturally exude heat and will not cool off. They are a cheap and efficient way to keep things warm, And are used in the creation of heaters and ovens.

I've seen this concept before, but it's not a bad one! We need a true fire/magma slime in the game!

Nunn wrote:Frozen slimes: These chilly slimes are found in polar regions and only eat "Chillmoss". though not actively aggressive. They rancher will take damage if they come into contact with one. They need a cooler in their corral to survive and drop Frozen plorts.

Frozen plorts are naturally very cold and will not melt or warm up. They are a cheap and efficient way to keep things cool. And are used in the creation of coolers, fridges and freezers.

Oooh, these should look a bit pretty! Maybe they are topped with a little snow?

Nunn wrote:Jelly slimes: Pale blue slimes with small shocking tendrils. They can be found in tidal pools in certain areas near the sea, and will die if on any other surface for too long. They can be placed in ponds with the "Saltwater upgrade" and absorb water.

Jelly plorts are used in all sorts of things. From skin cream, to a major source of energy. They are extremely powerful electrical conductors.

YES. I love this idea! Maybe they could "high five" you, but you take a little damage from it?

Nunn wrote:Bunny slimes: Bunny slimes are white with long bunny ears. These adorable slimes are extra hippity hoppity. So remember to have high walls in their corral. They will only eat carrots.

Once again, this is a common slime idea, but I like this too!

Nunn wrote:Phantom slimes: These glowing translucent white slimes only come out at night and will die in the sun. They need a corral with solar shield to protect them from the sun. In addition to that, they would need a music box to calm their lil' slimy souls. But it will be very rewarding for you.

Phantom plorts are still very mysterious. Though people don't know how they truly work. Scientists everywhere believe they are key to revealing the mysteries of the universe.

I may have seen this idea once or twice; I can't recall. Maybe these guys are a bit on the shy side too?

Nunn wrote:Frosty slimes: These frosty white slimes hail (lolol snowy puns) from the far north and are here to spread that holiday cheer. They are white with small pieces of coal for eyes and dotting the line of their mouths. They will eat any fruit or vegetable. Though carrots are their favorite by far. They require a cooler in their corral.

I've seen another Snowslime around these forums that has had the same idea. Maybe only 3-5 small lumps of coal for the mouths?

Nunn wrote:Bang slimes: These slimes are a distant relative of the boom slimes. They are red slimes covered in golden stars. Like their cousins. They are constantly exploding. But unlike their cousins, they create a wonderful fireworks show every time they do. They can be placed in a corral with a music box to stop them from exploding. But why would you want to?

Cool! This one is a bit unique, but maybe they don't explode AS much.

Great ideas! I'd love to see these little guys implemented!
Kaite20
Rancher

Re: (repost)[Suggestion] General Ideas

Postby Nunn » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:01 pm

Kaite20 wrote:Not a bad idea, but how would they deal with plorts once they become largos? Unless you're saying they don't transform and just ignore other plorts, which is a little hard to believe.

Yeah, the idea was that they would not eat more plorts after becoming argos. But I guess they can become small Tarr not large enough to eat largos.

Kaite20 wrote:The transformation should be slow, I think, and require 5 Happy Blossoms. After all, I want to see them like you and even crack a smile before hand before transforming.

Intersting, I do like the idea of seeing the affects of the transformation. But then the blossom would need to be more common. Or the plorts could be very pricey.

Kaite20 wrote:I've seen this concept before, but it's not a bad one! We need a true fire/magma slime in the game!

This was originally my second post in the forums before I moved it here. I had not had the chance to check much out then.

Kaite20 wrote:Oooh, these should look a bit pretty! Maybe they are topped with a little snow?

A little snow on the top could work.

Kaite20 wrote:YES. I love this idea! Maybe they could "high five" you, but you take a little damage from it?

LOL! While I would like to see more complex and unique animations for each slime. It will probably take time.

Kaite20 wrote:Once again, this is a common slime idea, but I like this too!

Same as magmas.

Kaite20 wrote:I may have seen this idea once or twice; I can't recall. Maybe these guys are a bit on the shy side too?

Same as magmas again. But yeah, I could see them being more reclusive.

Kaite20 wrote:I've seen another Snowslime around these forums that has had the same idea. Maybe only 3-5 small lumps of coal for the mouths?

Again again lol, like magmas.

Kaite20 wrote:Cool! This one is a bit unique, but maybe they don't explode AS much.

You mean as often, or a smaller blast radius? I would like them to explode often with a large radius to show off the fireworks show, but they could have less knock-back on the player. And do less damage.

Kaite20 wrote:Great ideas! I'd love to see these little guys implemented!

Thanks, glad you enjoyed them :D! And thank you for all the feedback! It's much appreciated.
Nunn
Rancher

Return to Slime Design