Orin's Slime Designs

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Orin's Slime Designs

Postby Orin331 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:18 pm

Heyo! First time posting, and I literally just joined today. Love Slime Rancher for a long time and now I've finally gotten down to make some fan slimes

Slime_Stellar.png
Slime_Stellar.png (42.38 KiB) Viewed 13346 times

Slimeology:
Stellar Slimes are found very rarely at night anywhere in the Far, Far Range. While not hostile, they tend to be antisocial and actively evade attempts at capture if they can. Stellar Slimes like the dark and will flee in the presence of natural light.

Strangely enough, if one were to capture the more elusive gleam slime, finding stellar slimes becomes much easier, as they seem to be naturally attracted to their starry purple counterparts.

Rancher Risks:
The little blobs of slime that orbit Stellar Slimes act as a physical manifestation of their need for personal space; preventing most attempts at hugs. While this doesn't really pose a threat to a rancher, their orbital shield can sometimes deflect thrown plorts or food into unintended places.

Like the puddle slime, stellar slimes will not tolerate the presence of any more than two slimes around it, or it will refuse to produce any plorts.

Plortonomics:
Stellar plorts are nearly impervious to all forms of damage, and are extremely heat resistant. These properties make them ideal for being refined and used to line the walls of advanced spaceships as another layer of protection.

This one's a little in-joke for me, as I kinda based the Stellar Slime off of my boyfriend, haha.

Slime_Despair.png
Slime_Despair.png (44.73 KiB) Viewed 13346 times

Slimeology:
The Despair Slime are commonly found inside deep inside of the Ominous Oubliette, where they weep and moan about unknowable things like failed math tests or spilled milk. No one is sure why, but despair slimes seem to be in a perpetual state of irritation, exhibiting emotions of anger, fear, sadness, etc, hence their names.

Rancher Risks:
Ranchers are warned not to capture too many despair slimes, as their combined gloom may become a weight too heavy for even the most stoic to handle. It is generally believed that five is the safest number one can corral before feeling as negative as the slimes.

Plortonomics:
Despair plorts, despite their name, are actually used to help lessen anxiety and other mental symptoms when refined. The refined version is often said to taste like cough medicine, and mellows out the user.

Here's hoping I'm not the only one here who plays Darkest Dungeon. >_>

Slime_Wisp.png
Slime_Wisp.png (35.03 KiB) Viewed 13346 times

Slimeology:
It is said that for every ten phosphor slimes a rancher can find, they can expect to find three Wisp Slimes. These ghostly goofballs awkwardly float around and follow their more mobile counterparts, drawn by their light and often mimicking it as well. Wisp light is more misty and ghostlike than phosphor light, making them appear as a sort of cloud of ghosts.

Rancher Risks:
Wisp slimes pose no threats to ranchers but it should be noted that they will often float over places one can't reach without having flight capabilities themselves. Wisp slimes also commonly travel in threes, so a rancher should look out for the others if they come across one.

Plortonomics:
When refined, wisp plorts can act as a superpowered sleep-inducer, for when you really need a good night's rest. It is commonly agreed that mixing in a bit of wisp plort with warm milk will knock you out for a good ten hours.
I have a DeviantArt too! I mean, it's mostly pony stuff, but if you're into that kind of thing then I'm you're guy!

https://www.deviantart.com/orin331
Orin331
Plort

Re: Orin's Slime Designs

Postby MisfortuneRising » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:44 pm

Yo these slime ideas are dope! Awesome job, and welcome to the forums! :D
MisfortuneRising
Rancher

Postby Orin331 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:48 pm

Thanks, dude! Glad you like them. There'll be more on the way!
I have a DeviantArt too! I mean, it's mostly pony stuff, but if you're into that kind of thing then I'm you're guy!

Orin331
Plort

Postby SlimeCone99 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:43 am

These look AWESOME

Also welcome to the forums
I like Slime Rancher... just that what did you expect

Avatar done by anapntes (thanks for that :D)
SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby MisfortuneRising » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:35 am

Orin331 wrote:Thanks, dude! Glad you like them. There'll be more on the way!

Can’t wait! :D
MisfortuneRising
Rancher

Postby MisfortuneRising » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:25 am

SlimeCone99 wrote:These look AWESOME

Hi again! How are things? Just checking in. :)
MisfortuneRising
Rancher

Postby AbaddonAnt » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:10 am

Orin331 wrote:Despair Slime

"Ruin has come to our forum"

Never expected a DD based slime. When you feed it enough does it go from Afflicted to Virtuous? XD

These designs are really great!
P R O C R A S T I N A T I O N
AbaddonAnt
Rancher

Postby Orin331 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:42 am

When you feed it enough does it go from Afflicted to Virtuous? XD

I... didn't think that far ahead! I'll get back to you on that. >w>

Orin331
Plort

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:03 am

Really nice! Your ideas are great and i like your drawings!

Welcome to the forums!
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Postby SlimeCone99 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:06 am

MisfortuneRising wrote:

Patience

SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby MisfortuneRising » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:59 am

SlimeCone99 wrote:
MisfortuneRising wrote:

Patience

Trust me, I know. I said I would check in from time to time. :)
MisfortuneRising
Rancher

Postby Orin331 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:56 pm

MisfortuneRising wrote:
SlimeCone99 wrote:
MisfortuneRising wrote:

Patience

Dudes, it'd be pretty cool if you didn't use my post for personal conversations.

Orin331
Plort

Postby Orin331 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:32 pm

Slime_Dragon.png
Slime_Dragon.png (61.36 KiB) Viewed 13102 times

Slimeology
Beware the dreaded Dragon Slimes! These apex predators are ravenous hunters and devour chicken and roostro alike, and oftentimes, exert this dominance over lesser slimes, who they bully into servitude. Dragon slimes are fiercly territorial and even devour each other when slime diplomacy fails.

Dragon slimes can be found in volcanic areas, but will not spawn naturally until the dragon gordo is defeated. The culmination of infighting between dragon slimes, the dragon gordo is a blob of material laziness and commands whole troops of slimes to deliver it food. Like slimes, the dragon gordo considers ranchers their minions, and will demand tribute from them as well, or face its fiery wrath. Feeding a dragon gordo a vulcanato will be rewarded with two dragon plorts, with which a savvy rancher can create hybrid dragon slimes without having to best the gordo.

Defeating the dragon gordo will take all of a rancher's cunning and skill, dodging here and there and blasting it with water when given the opportunity. Upon defeat, the dragon gordo splits into ten pure slime dragons, one of which will be feral upon spawning. With the gordo gone, dragon slimes will begin to spawn naturally.

Rancher Risks
Because of their ability to spew pyroplasmic ooze from their cores that ignite when in contact with oxygen, dragon slimes pose an incredibly high risk towards inexperienced ranchers. It is highly recommended to bring a full pack of water when traversing areas known to inhabit dragon slimes, and for good measure, to stock up on their favourite vulcanatos.

Plortonomics
Given that dragon slimes are hopping, devestating balls of destruction, its no wonder that their plorts are used for that exact thing! Dragon slimes are often turned into fuel or outright refined into ammunition for peaceful negotiations. Peaceful, napalmy negotiations.

The weaponization of dragon plorts has actually lead to a movie sensation back on earth: Slimezilla, wherein a dragon gordo of epic proportions lays waste to cities and then disappears back into the depths of the sea.

Slime_Delight.png
Slime_Delight.png (34.4 KiB) Viewed 13102 times

Slimeology
The Delight Slimes are, in fact, the exact same kind of slime as the despair slimes, just with a different outlook on life. Delight slimes occur when, for whatever reason, a despair slime sees past their weeping visage and sees the world with new, happier eyes. Here they radiate happiness and joy and courage and genera feel-good feelings.

Rancher Risks
The more delight slimes, the merrier! One way of producing a delight slime is to feed a despair slime enough of its favourite food, which will prompt it to turn delightful due to the excess joy. Take caution with your happy troop, however, as too many delight slimes will eventually convert all of your nearby despair slimes.

Plortonomics
Happiness and smiles permeate delight plorts, and thus are filled to the brim with joyful energy. Delight plorts are essentially crystalised adrenaline, and can be refined into such for emergency uses, like if one unfortunate fellow who was allergic to peanuts came into contact with such an item.

Slime_Heart.png
Slime_Heart.png (28.63 KiB) Viewed 13102 times

Slimeology
The Heart Slime are understandably mistaken for the common pink slime. What differentiates the two is the strange, golden heart that these pink cousins seemed to have swallowed, and has radically altered their slimy genetics. Heart slimes are kind little blobs that are pure vegetarians and actually rush to the need of any hen or friendly slime.

Rancher Risks
None. Heart slimes are so nice, they may dogpile over a rancher if they are injured, and accelerate their healing!

Plortonomics
Heart plorts, when refined, can be used like a fantastical health potion, curing most minor ailments and easing diseases. Heart plorts sell for high prices because of this, as many are willing to pay top newbuck for an easy cure-all.

Orin331
Plort

Postby akkamaddi » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:18 pm

I just wanted to jump into the chain and also point out that your art skills are really impressive. These are among the favorite I've seen on the forum.
akkamaddi
Rancher

Postby SlimeCone99 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:00 am

akkamaddi wrote:I just wanted to jump into the chain and also point out that your art skills are really impressive. These are among the favorite I've seen on the forum.
Yeah it looks so good

SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby MisfortuneRising » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:49 am

Orin331 wrote:
MisfortuneRising wrote:
SlimeCone99 wrote:
MisfortuneRising wrote:

Patience

Dudes, it'd be pretty cool if you didn't use my post for personal conversations.

Sorry. You’re right. I won’t do it again.
MisfortuneRising
Rancher

Postby orempswenel » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:47 am

O_O

I am speechless on how good you are at this.
orempswenel
Rancher

Postby TheSupremeSlime » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:52 pm

After the long time I got away of the forums, I just come back and the first thing I see are these beauties.

Their design is just amazing as their Slimepedia entries.
I can't wait to get back to creating slimes once again!
THIS IS MY OLD ACCOUNT!

Click here to access my new one!: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=31401
TheSupremeSlime
Chickadoo

Postby Orin331 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:20 pm

Slime_Edge.png
Slime_Edge.png (38.22 KiB) Viewed 12847 times

Slimeology
The Edge Slimes are named as such for the razor sharp gusts of wind they create when moving from point a to point b. Every single thing these slimes do are calculated with precise effort. Edge slimes have been reportedly seen meditating or contemplating the way of the imaginary sword before darting away in the blink of an eye.

Rancher Risks
Edge slimes can escape a rancher's vac pack vacuum, so beware! The cyan-green streaks of condensed air that trail behind moving edge slimes are too edgy to walk through, and cut through the suction power of one's vac. Splashing an edge slime and then vacuuming it is the safest method of acquiring them.

Once coralled, the edge slimes are not trapped there with you, you are trapped there with them. Keep them sated and the edge slimes won't zip out of the tiniest gaps in your corrals.

Plortonomics
Edge plorts hold spiritual significance for the people in the East. Raw edge plorts make for excellent whetstones, endowing cool samurai swords with the slimey edginess to cut through air like the edge slimes do. They are also used as centerpieces in peace gardens or refined into incense.

Recently the demand for edge plorts has gone up in the West, where they are instaed used to make small action figures of popular animated characters like Ectoku and Gooruto.

Slime_Volt.png
Slime_Volt.png (44.96 KiB) Viewed 12847 times

Slimeology
Volt Slimes are commonly found deep underground huddled in groups around magnetic crystals. They seem to enjoy the constant, yet soothing bodily weight that the magnetic crystals put on them, and only leave their station to consume their favourite food - ferrous fries, crispy little metallic starch rods that grow in bundles.

Rancher Risks
When taken away from their respective magnet crystal, volt slimes generally become confused and unsure of their surroundings. While this makes them docile, they won't react much to the outside world until they find a new magnet to huddle around.

Plortonomics
Volt plorts are amazing conductors of electricity, able to handle thousands of times more powerful currents than any non-slime product could. The people on earth sleep happily knowing that their extreme nightlights won't level their homes.

Orin331
Plort

Postby SlimeCone99 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:49 am

Dude... THIS LOOKS SO GOOD!!!!!!

SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby akkamaddi » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:38 pm

Oh Mah Gawd! The Volt Slime!!! :-)
akkamaddi
Rancher

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:40 am

WOW! I know I said this before, but your art is amazing!
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Postby Orin331 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:05 pm

Slime_Bunny.png
Slime_Bunny.png (39.97 KiB) Viewed 12546 times

Slimeology
Bunny Slimes are elusive, bouncy slimes that are most commonly found in the Moss Blanket. They hop away from other slimes, carrying away a rare food that all slimes have a craving for, chococarrots. The bunny slime will almost always win the chase however, due to its natural speed and hopping prowess.

Rancher Risks
Finding a bunny slime often means finding a large group of other, more common slimes right behind it. Ranchers are advised to either catch the slime and its chococarrot as soon as possible or to wait out the storm and hope that it is still there.

Plortonomics
Due to its sweet, dark diet, bunny plorts can be turned into all manor of chocolate-flavoured products back on earth. From bars to powder, the most prominent refined bunny product comes in the form of cereal, which is favoured by both children and adults due to its great nutritional value. The veggie-shaped chocolates resemble chococarrots! The bunny slime itself has become the mascot, wherein it frequently runs away or chases down a gang of children who have managed to acquire its food.

Slime_Fthagn.png
Slime_Fthagn.png (77.82 KiB) Viewed 12546 times

Slimeolog͛ỹ͋
The strange Fthäg̒̓n Slimes have not been reported to be seen anywhere in the Far Far Ranch. Instead, they are most commonly said to have been seen in the dream̃͒s̐͑ͮ of troubled ranchers, wherein they sink to the bot͛ͣ́ͯtom of the slime sea and the darkness of the depths takes the aproximate shape of a slime. They flop and blob happily, incomprehensibly, their shapes like an alien-euclidean surface.

Rancher Risks
Fthagn Slimes pose no risks.

Fthagn slimes ca̐͗use no harm.

Fthagn slimes are har̂̍m̏̔lêͣs̆͌s̈́̉̋͑̃̄͒.

F͞t̢hagn ҉s͘l͟i͠m͟es ̡w̸at̡c͝h.

Plortonomics
Dreaming ranchers claim to have acquired fthagn plorts after waking up from their s͎i̗̹̪nk͓̻i̪ṋg ̠̫̰d̙̻r̺̙̹͖͙̬e͈͖am, the fibe̬̟͚̠r̙̹͇o̰͖̫̯̞̗u͎̩̺̜̪s̘̞̝̠̭͍͔ m͇̞͙a̳̫̪̣̼t̬̥ͅe͈̟͖̩ṛ̜͙̹̭̦i͙͈͓̝̼̥̟al͍ ̮̩͉v̫i̯̠ͅb̟͖̯̬͚r͎a̼͕͙̫͉͎t͙ing yet laying still in their hands. Ftha̴g͟n pl̸or̸ts͘ ̸are arcane and nature and contain a concentrated amount́s͝ ơf̴ ali̛ȩn҉ energ҉y̶,̴ but a͡r͞e͘ most o͘͡ ͟͞f́͢͏t́͘͡e͢͢n u̷̡s̕ ̶̶̀e͡ ̷̷͡d ̸̛̕fo̷̢r̕ in̴͟ ͠s̷͝ ̸̡͡c҉̛͘ ̧̛r̷i̵͢҉p̡͝ ͟҉̴t͘ į ͏̢ó͝ ̢̛͠ń̢́s̛̀͢ ͢͞iǹ̴̢ ̢̀͠ ͏̧u͢͡҉n̡͠şȩ̡ t͝t̵̕ ̧͠͠l̵ ̵̨ ́͢i͘ ̷̛n g̵̛͡ ̴͘ ̧̕͜b̵̡͜o̷̵͝ ̸͟ ̛͘ o͢͠ ̷̨͘k͏ ̶̀ ͢ ̴ ͏̴s̡

Orin331
Plort

Postby SlimeCone99 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:36 pm

Dude... THESE SLIMES ARE AMAZING

SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby Orin331 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:20 pm

I have the uneasy feeling thet this will be the reply I get for every slime I make. :I

Orin331
Plort

Next

Return to Slime Design