Some New, Detailed Slimes!

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Some New, Detailed Slimes!

Postby yoshifun1 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:38 pm

This is an overly detailed idea I have for Slime Rancher! I worked really hard, and would like to see what everyone thinks (I hope a developer sees!) I have included a link to the pictures of slimes at the end. (On the blog post, click on a link, then the topmost one on the next page. I'm sorry about this, the pictures are too large to attach). Anyway, tell me what you think!

Update: the snowy update!

-adds a whole new place to visit, the Polar mountains!

-two (ish) new slimes appear, the Spring Slime, the Toxic Slime, and the Saber Slime (again, ish)!

-A new Fruit appears, the Vinefruit!

-Two new Vacpac upgrades! The flame pac let’s you shoot fire, but it takes lots of energy. And the Cloud goggles let you avoid sight obstructions, WEATHER it be a glaring sun, a blizzardy night, or a bug filled jungle! The fire is 300, while the goggles are 500.

-The Puddle Slimes have been updated quite allot.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Polar Mountains:
-The Polar Mountains are unlocked by going up a mountain in the Indigo quarry, Specifically in the crystal volcano. A hole in the cave is added, with a long tunnel and a Slime Gate before it. An "H" message is here as well, warning Beatrix about the blizzards.

-It requires a slime key, now given by the Phosphor Gordo.

-At night, the mountain is always in the process of a blizzard. This means Slimes, Plorts, Food items, and even the player will be blown around. The water also freezes, and so do the puddle slimes (More on that later). The cloud goggles will remove the sight disruption.

- One of the new slimes appear here, the Spring slime. Also appearing are Pink, Phosphor, Hunter, Puddle, Saber (largos and normal), and fire. The normal saber slimes are stuck in ice. Use the fire to free normal saber slimes, and they’ll be like puppies. Take them anywhere, as he protec, he attac, but most importantly, he fits in your pac. In all seriousness they attack feral slimes and are immune to Tarr.

-These are the distinct areas and their features:

the Entrance (Flat land mostly, one little pool);

Chaotic Cavern (Like the fire cave in the Indigo Quarry, but with water spouts, a vinefruit tree and multiple caves, which resemble a tic-tac-toe pattern);

The Burned Bridge (a large bridge over water, which is as long as the one to the moss slime key. The player can jump on another portion halfway through, with a path to a flat area with Hunter and Pink Slimes. This place also has a Slime Gate, Leading to the Ancient Ruins. If you don't do that, you end up at Ski Slime Hill);

Ski-Slime Hill (a large hill with 4 smaller ones in a diamond shape, each one has a green, blue, red, or black flag on the top. It has a fork in the road with two signs that lead to one of the two locations below);

The Chilly cave (This is where the saber slime spawns, but only 5 slimes/blocks will exist at one time.);

And, finally, the Chili cave (this one has Fire Slimes and a teleporter home.)

New Slimes:

-The Spring Slime! (It’s pictured below) Time for an overly detailed explanation! When it bounces super high like normal slimes do occasionally, it will turn upside down to bounce really high, about 3x as high as the air net with high walls. However, it's 1/3 as effective at destroying the air net. The plort value is 50. One risk comes with it, and that is if the slime lands on Beatrix, It deals 10 damage. The Largo’s of this slime bounce the same height as the normal ones, since the added weight counters the bigger spring. It can bounce off walls, but travels horizontally instead. They eat fruit, and their favorite one is the Vinefruit. They come right before Mosaic Slimes in the Largo Chart.

-The Toxic Slimes are gross (Also pictured). They eat rotten food and elder chickens. Whenever spoiled food is around, they will spawn within 5 hours (In game), and eat the food! Don't worry, other slimes do not eat their plorts, unless you use the Vacpac to shoot them at the slimes. Any food that's not on trees will rot, and chickens will age, within one… corral?... of him (I do not know the in game measurements). This is unless he is completely full of food. These guys come before Saber Slimes in the Largo chart.

-Puddle Slimes just got a whole lot more complicated. There are two new Puddle slime forms, Ice Slimes and Steam Slimes. If it gets too hot (like in the glass desert) or to cold (like the Polar Mountains), they will change form within an in game hour. These forms still produce plorts, and vacuuming them up will revert them back to normal. Ice Slimes are cubes of Ice that do not get embarrassed, while Steam Slimes produce two plorts every cycle. One thing to note is that Tarr cannot pick up Steam Slimes, since their made of water vapor and slime. But let’s say you want them. No problem! Two new upgrades have been added to the pond, the Steam Balloon and the Ice Machine! The Steam Balloon costs 750 and makes sure steam slimes do not leave the corral. It’s basically putting a corral with an air net over the pond. The Ice Machine only costs 200, but is harder to operate. They make sure Ice Slimes don’t melt by adding ice into the pool. However, it costs water to operate, about 12 every in game day.

New Fruit:

-Vinefruit: Vinefruit are… fruits… found in the Polar Mountains and In the moss blanket (next to the honey Gordo). They look like mint mangoes, but are purple and have a vine wrapped around them. The only difference in growing is that the vines are stretched down, at ground level. When picked, the vines are sucked into the Vacpac as well. This means they are at “Slime eating level.”

That's my plan! I hope you liked it! I hope a developer sees it, I would love to be able to contribute something like this. Anyway, tell me what you think!

This is the link:
https://slimerancher.wikia.com/wiki/Use ... rom_forums
Last edited by yoshifun1 on Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
yoshifun1
Rancher

Re: Some New, Detailed Slimes!

Postby Lionmeow » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:05 pm

There are a few things wrong about the post itself.
yoshifun1 wrote:The normal saber slimes are stuck in ice. Use the fire to free normal hunter slimes.
I think you meant normal saber slimes, not hunter.
Also the PDF for the Spring Slime has a small unfinished portion.
yoshifun1 wrote:Name: Spring Slime
"Spring slimes are
Then it just cut off
very inactive nowadays
Lionmeow
Keeper

Postby EmeraldPlay » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:57 am

North Pass connects to Verdant Bluffs, so the zone can't be placed there. Other than that, nice idea.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby yoshifun1 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:47 am

Lionmeow wrote:There are a few things wrong about the post itself.
yoshifun1 wrote:The normal saber slimes are stuck in ice. Use the fire to free normal hunter slimes.
I think you meant normal saber slimes, not hunter.
Also the PDF for the Spring Slime has a small unfinished portion.
yoshifun1 wrote:Name: Spring Slime
"Spring slimes are
Then it just cut off

I changed them, except for the picture (that will take a little longer). Other than that, what do you think of the idea? I would like to improve it, if possible.
yoshifun1
Rancher

Postby yoshifun1 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:18 am

EmeraldPlay wrote:North Pass connects to Verdant Bluffs, so the zone can't be placed there. Other than that, nice idea.

Thanks for the feedback! I will have the idea updated over time, and I will move the starting location.
yoshifun1
Rancher

Postby Lionmeow » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:17 pm

I think the idea is pretty good! Now that I think about it, the difference between the Chilly and Chili caves would get confusing.
very inactive nowadays
Lionmeow
Keeper

Postby yoshifun1 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:19 am

Your probably right. I was going for a kind of pun, where chilly is cold and Chilli is warm. I'm probably going to change them; im starting on annother post that fixes most of the problems. Thanks for the input!
yoshifun1
Rancher

Return to Slime Design