Slime terrariums

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Slime terrariums

Postby Deva » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:08 pm

An idea from a friend and I based on the expansion areas on the farm. What if you're able to unlock specific, purchasable makeovers for these areas to fit the slimes you want to inhabit them. Almost like terrariums for those slimes/largos in particular.

Examples would be: You could buy a makeover for the grotto to make it have pools of water, in the upper and lower sections for water slimes to float around in. Maybe the makeover could even partially redesign how the cave looks. Getting rid of the wooden platform up for a flowing creak down into the lower area and have maybe at the very top a waterfall that's flowing all the water in.

Maybe turn the overgrowth into a permanent-night sky area. Something above the entirety of it that keeps it dark like the solar shield. Some more trees and maybe glowing lanterns for a phosphor slime-like vibe.

Fire slime terrariums could have it be outfitted to look like a mini volcano. Lava spewing from the top and large pools of lava and mini streams spreading throughout so they can get around.

Each expansion area could have its own unique take fitted to it for each terrarium style. So the overgrowth makeover would look different than the grotto would. The deck could feature something like a mini water-park for water slimes. Etc.

I just think it'd be a really fun idea to have corrals or even areas that the slimes can free roam in that feel more like a 'home' rather than cooped in a corral. The expansions are nice as they are but to be able to outfit them more to the slimes that inhabit them would be a nice option!
Deva
Plort

Re: Slime terrariums

Postby Lionmeow » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:01 pm

Interesting ideas... interesting ideas. Two questions though.
One: would you be able to put slimes that aren't the type the terrarium was built for in there?
Two: how would you buy/activate the terrariums?

If it were me, I would just make everything a volcano and fill them with tabby slimes.
very inactive nowadays
Lionmeow
Keeper

Postby JasontheBasin » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:45 pm

Interesting idea, oh and welcome to the forums!
Im good friends with emeraldplay, who's a Slime rancher modding god.

HAIL HIM.
JasontheBasin
Keeper

Postby LoyalRancher128 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:11 am

I must agree it's an idea to where it will give a full range of customization for an expansion.
LoyalRancher128
Chickadoo

Postby EmeraldPlay » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:08 am

It might be a bit too much.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby Deva » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:46 pm

Lionmeow wrote:Interesting ideas... interesting ideas. Two questions though.
One: would you be able to put slimes that aren't the type the terrarium was built for in there?
Two: how would you buy/activate the terrariums?

If it were me, I would just make everything a volcano and fill them with tabby slimes.

It'd be silly to restrict what slimes you could put in there! So any slime could go into any terrarium.

2) Same place you bought the expansion in the first place! Go up to that console thing that now kind of sits there not doing anything and you can choose whichever terrarium you want. For difficulty it could be each time you go to change it you have to 'repurchase' or once bought it can just be switched at will. Either or, honestly.
Last edited by Deva on Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deva
Plort

Postby Deva » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:46 pm

EmeraldPlay wrote:It might be a bit too much.

Probably lol, but I thought it'd be a nice idea to share for a potential possibility, anyway!
Deva
Plort

Return to Slime Design