(Another) Sand Slime idea

Share your original Slimepedia entries

(Another) Sand Slime idea

Postby Dasdijas » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:47 am

I know that I'm not the only one who has had an idea for a sand slime. This is my version of how it may look like, including some largos.

The idea I had in mind, is that when they get hungry they swoosh along the ground (like quicksilver slimes) or they bury themselves completely underground, always leaving a dusty cloud behind them so you can track them. (Optional: when they get to the food, they will emerge from the sand and take a huge bite of it, kind of like a tarr.) If they bury themselves completely, then it is important to not have any stray food of the type they like in a small area near their corral, since they can just go under the walls and escape.

I'm imagining that they could live in the beachy area and/or Ring Island, but the Glass Desert is probably the obvious choice 'cause sand. I have no idea what they eat, but I once had a vague image in my mind of banana-donuts that grow in palm trees. I'd make this description like a slimepedia entry if I also had an idea of where they came from and had a good one-liner, but I couldn't think of something, other than that they are maybe, like the Saber slimes, one of the oldest slimes on the Far, Far Range.

(btw English isn't my native language as most of you probably noticed :> Also I hope that this idea isn't too similar to someone else's, I only noticed that a lot of other designs had the name sand in them, but I didn't look at specific details.)
I ain't paranoid - I'm ready. Real ready...
Dasdijas
Plort

Re: (Another) Sand Slime idea

Postby EmeraldPlay » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:56 am

Nice idea.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby JasontheBasin » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:51 pm

Loving it!
Im good friends with emeraldplay, who's a Slime rancher modding god.

HAIL HIM.
JasontheBasin
Keeper

Postby charcolor » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:36 pm

oh i love this idea!!! and the designs are really pretty too!
i could definitely see these as slimes in the game!! i think they'd probably be common in the glass desert, but there's no reason they can't be in several places at once, right? maybe they could be like puddle slimes and just spawn wherever there's sand

(never mind that paragraph i wrote here earlier i just realized i misread the post >.<)
charcolor
Chickadoo

Return to Slime Design