Hawk Slime

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Hawk Slime

Postby animalconnoissuer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:48 pm

I may or may not have been the first to come up with this, but so far I have seen no others post anything like this idea.

Also, the descriptions aren't the best, it's more about the concept.

Diet: Meat

Favorite: (Possibly a new hen-hen, or fish)

Slimeology: Hawk slimes are very proud creatures, and have no respect for anything that ranks higher than them. They have two fairly long wings that rest at their sides when not flying, truly elegant! In addition to their respectable wings, they are also incredible hunters! When flying, Hawk Slimes have the ability to dive extremely fast to grab Hen-hens.

Rancher Risks: Almost like Mosaic slimes, the silky brown feathers of the Hawk Slime attract other slimes. However, unlike the Mosaic, Hawk Slime feathers only appeal to Hunter, Saber, and Tabby slimes, and they will all actively try to pounce on nearby Hawk Slimes! In addition to this, Hawk Slimes have a constant need to be in the highest place possible, and they'll do a lot to get to that place.

Plortonomics: The feathery plort of the Hawk Slime is a perfect alternative to bird feathers in things. Like pillows! Imagine those fluffy pillows...

Favorite Toy: Royal Perch

Toy Description: A place for a truly important slime, and it's especially favored by Hawk Slimes, who feel the need to be seen on top.

Special Behaviors

-Tabby, Hunter, and Saber Slimes chase after and pounce on Hawk Slimes (this scares them for a moment)
-Hawk Slimes get agitated more quickly when around Slimes on Slime Stages, or Phosphor slimes/largos
-They can fly up, and then dive to catch their prey
-They pose when on Slime Stages (somehow, maybe using wings)

Location: Possibly new location or on cliffs and high places. Possibly a few in The Wilds as Saber Largos.

Possible New Corral: Sky Pen

Sky Pen
-Reduces agitation of flying slimes
-Possibly earned through collecting Quicksilver plorts for Mochi (the island could be Miles' Tech)
-Possibly Branded with a small silver plaque that says "Miles' Tech"
-Hawk Slimes no longer get agitated around other slimes (high up means no slimes can challenge them, hehe)

Sky Pen Description: Happy flying slimes in happy flying pens.

Notes: If a Regular Hawk Slime (or any Hawk largo aside from Tabby/Hunter/Saber) is introduced to a Tabby, Saber, or Hunter largo, it will be scared. However, if all of the Hawk Slimes present are largos of Tabby/Saber/Hunter, this effect isn't present.
Last edited by animalconnoissuer on Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
animalconnoissuer
Plort

Re: Hawk Slime

Postby EmeraldPlay » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:27 pm

Nice idea.
Welcome to the forums!
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:51 pm

Hey, this is really good!

Welcome to the forums! We're crazy here.
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Postby rabbitslime » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:07 pm

Nice idea! But what would happen if the hawk slime is a largo with part tabby, saber or hunter slime? Does each largo need to be kept in isolation? As in, will they be scared of each other or the other source slime? Example would be a hawk hunter largo scared of a hunter slime pouncing on it. Does being near a those particular largoes scare regular hawk slimes?
rabbitslime
Rancher

Postby McCauley1 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:13 am

Love this idea!
McCauley1
Chickadoo

Postby animalconnoissuer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:23 am

rabbitslime wrote:Nice idea! But what would happen if the hawk slime is a largo with part tabby, saber or hunter slime? Does each largo need to be kept in isolation? As in, will they be scared of each other or the other source slime? Example would be a hawk hunter largo scared of a hunter slime pouncing on it. Does being near a those particular largoes scare regular hawk slimes?

If all were, say, Tabby/Hawk largos they wouldn't scare each other because they would be equals. However, if only one Tabby/Hawk largo was introduced to a normal Hawk Slime or a few, the Hawk Slimes would be afraid until they were all Tabby/Hawk largos.
animalconnoissuer
Plort

Postby rabbitslime » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:30 pm

Would a tabby/hawk largo be afraid of a hunter/hawk largo or vice versa? If this is implemented, I would try and have both of them in the same corral, preferably by 2's or 3's. I would feed them in the corral, spam the plort collector (which has tabby and hunter plorts), shoot at any tarr, replace the lost largoes and then collect and sell all the plorts except one of each type. Both would be in the plort collector to selectively control the plort collector. Hawk plorts are then sold after that.
rabbitslime
Rancher

Return to Slime Design