Super Largoes

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Super Largoes

Postby rabbitslime » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:17 pm

I don't know if anyone has thought of this yet, but this is my idea. If it is not my original idea,

A super largo is a sub-species of largo that have eaten a condensed plort. What is a condensed plort, its the product of putting 2 different plorts into a press; I'm sure this can be implemented as a gadget. Super plorts can't be sold, nor used for slime science, they can only be fed to slimes and largoes. Only 4 super largoes can fit in a corral, but the recommendation is 2 or 3.

A super largo has 4 traits from 4 source slimes, like phosphor-boom-rock-dervish super largos. It is very powerful, economy wise, because its immune to tarr. It often gets hungry, and can only produce a maximum of 4 plorts per feeding, regardless if the food was a favorite of one of its source slimes.

It comes with risks however, as if a super largo comes into contact with a different plort, it transforms into a super tarr. One that is more powerful than a regular tarr, attacks at a greater distance and can heal by eating slimes. If it eats a slime while its health is full, it has a low chance of reproducing(kind of like 1 in 20 or 40). It also has more health than a regular tarr. If 2 shots can kill a tarr at night, this one requires 8 shots.

Slimes however, will treat the super plort differently, if one eats it, it directly transforms into a tarr.
So in short, slimes with odd numbered traits from source slimes(except if its 1), are Tarr. Slimes that have an even number are a variant of largos.
rabbitslime
Rancher

Re: Super Largoes

Postby EmeraldPlay » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:12 am

It would be nice to see, though it would require dozens of new slime and plort actors.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Re: Super Largoes

Postby rabbitslime » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:01 am

The slimes themselves are not a problem if each slime dictates which part of it is inherited to a largo. I noticed that some largos of a particular type have either all, none or just the color of one of its source slimes. Take for example the tabby slime, most tabby largoes inherit the body but not the color, its reverse for tabby hunter largoes, and dervish tabby largoes are an enlarged tabby slime with a ring on its belly. They should separate it into components to ease the work; I mean what if 20 slimes exist and there weren't any super largoes. This alone will be pain staking to fix.

The super plort simply follows the naming convention of regular largoes, and has the first style on the top half and the 2nd one on the bottom half.

Basically the hardest to easiest parts to implement are like this:
Super Largoes(individual) -> Super plort -> Super Largoes(component)
rabbitslime
Rancher

Return to Slime Design