The Clockwork Slime

Share your original Slimepedia entries

The Clockwork Slime

Postby Charliethecadet » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:11 pm

Forgive my sloppy drawing, for it was made in Paint.net. I just wanted to give the look to an otherwise complicated looking slime. Its image is attached.
"Even a broken slime is right two times a day."
Slimeology: The Clockwork Slime is a strange slime created by the same beings who constructed the ancient ruins. As an experiment gone awry, the Clockwork Slime is not the most efficient at telling the time, so don't set your watch on it.
Rancher Risks: The Clockwork Slime was intended to be helpful at any automation, but it's creators didn't have the proper resources to complete it, therefore it is prone to break at times, erupting into flames and sending a bit of metal flying. Don't let these two threats touch you. The slime will fix itself in a couple hours, but if you or other Clockwork Slimes nearby can reach it safely, you can give it a good whack and restore it's circuits until it can repair itself. Note that giving the slime Primordy Oil will immediately restore it for 24 hours.
Plortonomics: The Clockwork Plort, while useless on it's own, can be incredibly useful in large sums. The metal it gives can be used to repair just about anything, including toasters, cars, nuclear reactors, and chicken television sets, as long as you have the skill to apply them. Clockwork Plorts are making a lot of jobs for people.
Slime Toy: A Gear of sorts.

If you have anything else to add, do feel free!
Actively attempting to acquire affluence after achieving the acquisition of Slime Rancher on April 14th, 2018.
I don't mind the 255 character limit. It's the Refinery's 999 limit that really bugs me.
Charliethecadet
Chickadoo

Re: The Clockwork Slime

Postby EmeraldPlay » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:14 pm

Nice idea.
Welcome to the forums!
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby JasontheBasin » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:19 am

Charliethecadet wrote:Forgive my sloppy drawing, for it was made in Paint.net. I just wanted to give the look to an otherwise complicated looking slime. Its image is attached.
"Even a broken slime is right two times a day."
Slimeology: The Clockwork Slime is a strange slime created by the same beings who constructed the ancient ruins. As an experiment gone awry, the Clockwork Slime is not the most efficient at telling the time, so don't set your watch on it.
Rancher Risks: The Clockwork Slime was intended to be helpful at any automation, but it's creators didn't have the proper resources to complete it, therefore it is prone to break at times, erupting into flames and sending a bit of metal flying. Don't let these two threats touch you. The slime will fix itself in a couple hours, but if you or other Clockwork Slimes nearby can reach it safely, you can give it a good whack and restore it's circuits until it can repair itself. Note that giving the slime Primordy Oil will immediately restore it for 24 hours.
Plortonomics: The Clockwork Plort, while useless on it's own, can be incredibly useful in large sums. The metal it gives can be used to repair just about anything, including toasters, cars, nuclear reactors, and chicken television sets, as long as you have the skill to apply them. Clockwork Plorts are making a lot of jobs for people.
Slime Toy: A Gear of sorts.

If you have anything else to add, do feel free!

Wheres... the image?
Also, seems like someone's a fan of adventure forward, one of the best roblox games ever. I immediately recognized which character your profile picture is.
Im good friends with emeraldplay, who's a Slime rancher modding god.

HAIL HIM.
JasontheBasin
Keeper

Postby Charliethecadet » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:40 am

Clockworkslime.png
Clockworkslime.png (20 KiB) Viewed 4102 times

Here it is. Happy someone got my profile picture's reference. Yes, eagerly awaiting the sequel.
Actively attempting to acquire affluence after achieving the acquisition of Slime Rancher on April 14th, 2018.
I don't mind the 255 character limit. It's the Refinery's 999 limit that really bugs me.
Charliethecadet
Chickadoo

Postby Valeritan » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:14 am

I like the idea
buuut I don't think the slime would fit the aesthetic of the ancient ruins, it looks more steampunk-like while the ruins are more, well, ancient.

*edit* I really like the way you implemented primordy oil in you concept.
I draw stuff and stuff.
Valeritan
Rancher

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:39 pm

Valeritan wrote:I like the idea
buuut I don't think the slime would fit the aesthetic of the ancient ruins, it looks more steampunk-like while the ruins are more, well, ancient.

*edit* I really like the way you implemented primordy oil in you concept.

Yeah, it really "lubricates" the slime.

Anyway, great job and welcome!
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Return to Slime Design