(1)Seasonal/(3)Festive Slimes as well as a (2)Seasonal Mecha

Share your original Slimepedia entries

(1)Seasonal/(3)Festive Slimes as well as a (2)Seasonal Mecha

Postby TheMadFox » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:51 am

(1) I was wondering, what if Monomi Park were to implement seasonal slimes..... They appear one season, and disappear the next. We'd have Slimes for summer, autumn, winter, and spring.... It'll get players to come back every season to see the elusive "Seasonal Slimes". Perhaps they are just one type of slime that change appearance and plorts between seasons. Additionally, the plorts of the opposite season would be worth more than the current season, autumn worth more in spring, summer worth more in winter, because technically demand would be higher since they're not in season atm. This might also add something fun to the Slime Science aspect of things; Seasonal Slime plorts would be worth more in opposite seasons but they could also be used to fuel certain gadgets. Let's say you were to have a cooling unit during the summer and it can only be fueled by winter and puddle plorts, a heating unit for the winter that is powered by fire and summer plorts. This also gives an additional function to fire and puddle plorts as they can only be sold at this point in time, think of it as an alternative as opposed to them being used to create Largos.

(2) Of course the idea(s) mentioned above are reliant on an additional mechanic, that being seasonal changes. To keep it simple, the mechanic could start out by only regulating the appearance and plorts of the Seasonal Slimes. Maybe later on the mechanic could add another fuction that makes Slimes become more agitated during a certain season or that they start to huddle together or closer to certain slimes (depending on the season and type of slime of course). Maybe further down the road the seasonal mechanic could add particle effects depending on the season and area, blowing discolored leaves, snow, a wind breeze, or a slight distortion in the air. Who knows. If they Monomi decides to look into this they might even come up with a function that causes Slimes to excrete different/special plorts under certain conditions.

(3) The other part of this post, Festive Slimes. These slimes would have to be rare and unique. Take the current lunar year for example; the slimes would have a befitting appearance and would only be available during a small time period. For easter there could be slimes that are colored like an easter egg for example.

I know these ideas would add a lot of workload for the guys over at Monomi but I feel like it'd be a fun idea, the Seasonal slimes/mechanic at the least. The Festive slime idea just came to me on a whim so it's not that fleshed out and doesn't seem all that good compared to the seasonal slimes. Anyways, thanks for reading.
This Fox will devour all in sight, better watch out....
TheMadFox
Chickadoo

Re: (1)Seasonal/(3)Festive Slimes as well as a (2)Seasonal M

Postby EmeraldPlay » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:33 am

Nice ideas, but I don't think the plorts should be used in Slime Science, as it's a bit too much. That, and the festive slimes. I don't think there should be slimes which are only available during specific days of the year.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:11 pm

Seasonal Slimes - Sure. I approve.

Festive Slimes - This is a problem.

Most festivals, such as your noted Easter, are religious or national. This results in issues.
For example, if there's an Easter or Christmas slime, why not a Hanukkah slime?
If there's a Veterans' Day slime, why not a Remembrance Day or ANZAC slime?

A way around this would be to create in-game festivals - Space-Flight Day and the like.

Your ideas?
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby TheMadFox » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:12 pm

TheGreciansHousehold wrote:Seasonal Slimes - Sure. I approve.

Most festivals, such as your noted Easter, are religious or national. This results in issues.

A way around this would be to create in-game festivals - Space-Flight Day and the like.

Your ideas?

Like I said the idea just came to me on a whim so not nearly enough thought went into the idea but yeah you're right, it would create a bunch of issues. But I like your thinking, creating in game festivals would be nice, I have one of my own I'd like to add to this new little list:

-Day of Discovery:
The day the Far Far Range was discovered

This might be an interesting idea to develop upon....
This Fox will devour all in sight, better watch out....
TheMadFox
Chickadoo

Postby Raxel920 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:23 pm

TheMadFox wrote:
TheGreciansHousehold wrote:Seasonal Slimes - Sure. I approve.

Your ideas?

Like I said the idea just came to me on a whim so not nearly enough thought went into the idea but yeah you're right, it would create a bunch of issues. But I like your thinking, creating in game festivals would be nice, I have one of my own I'd like to add to this new little list:

-Day of Discovery:
The day the Far Far Range was discovered

This might be an interesting idea to develop upon....

There was also a holiday mentioned in the Cuberry slimepedia entry, "Plortapalooza". Maybe it would be a day when slimes produced double plorts for some reason?
Raxel920
Rancher

Return to Slime Design