Environmental add-ons for corrals

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Environmental add-ons for corrals

Postby Fishkeeper » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:10 am

Corrals always look so bare, I'd like to see more decor in them. I figure we could manufacture corral decor in Slime Science, like the decor that can be placed in Gadget spots. It would come in a new tab in the Corral section, separate from all the parts for building things, and could be swapped in and out of corrals.

It'd be split into three rough categories: ground plants, pole climbing items, and ground textures. Not necessarily filed under different categories in-game.

Ground plants would be all the different types of grass found in different zones. Pink grass like the Dry Reef, those pretty flowers and tall grass like the Moss Blanket, and so on. Maybe 6-7 choices?

Pole climbing items would be trees or rock growths that are stuck onto the inward sides of the poles. They'd be the height of a fully upgraded corral pole, making them rather tall on baby corrals. They'd either be trees with their trunk replaced by the pole, i.e. sort of a bark texture up the pole and branches growing off to arch across the roof of the corral, or minerals applied to the insides of the poles. Trees for the areas that have trees growing, minerals for areas like the Indigo Quarry that don't really have trees.

Ground textures would be an alternative to the basic dirt floor, and could be overlaid with ground plants. They'd be slightly bumpy ground of different colors, potentially with a rock or small bush stuck up in one corner.

It'd have to be positioned carefully to not interfere with the plort collector, but I think this could look really nice. It'd turn corrals from blank cubes into little sections of an environment. Maybe they'd come with a minor reduction in slime agitation?
Fishkeeper
Rancher

Re: Environmental add-ons for corrals

Postby Fishkeeper » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:01 am

Any thoughts?
Fishkeeper
Rancher

Postby Noggy05 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:36 am

I like this. I've always looked at my Slimes and thought that they would like to take a bit of their original home with them.
Lionmeow made my avatar!

Thanks for three amazing years.
I'm not active here anymore, email me at thatsnosquirrel@gmail.com or add me on discord at Comically Overpowered Greela#5756 if you want to talk to me.
Noggy05
Keeper

Postby Fishkeeper » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:56 pm

Honey slimes in particular look really odd in a basic corral, since you find them among flowers and grass.
Fishkeeper
Rancher

Postby SquillionthGamer » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:25 pm

I'd love having a whole Indigo Quarry themed ranch.
Guess who's back(back back)
Back again
Squill is back
Tell a friend(friend friend)

SquillionthGamer
Keeper

Return to Slime Design