Zap Slime

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Zap Slime

Postby JCUnown » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:09 pm

Zap Slime
Its abilities are sure to shock you.

[Picture courtesy of my younger sister, modified by yours truly.]

Slimeology:
Believed to have been the product of severe thunderstorms from centuries past, these slimes are supercharged with dormant electricity. Their silicon-based cells let them conduct and release their stored energy as they please, a skill which they usually use just for fun.

Rancher Risks:
While Zap Slimes are already a handful thanks to their tendency to build up and discharge electric pulses, which can harm ranchers and agitate other slimes, their true potential shows when they are in groups. Because of their conductive nature, when multiple Zap Slimes are near one another, they will be connected by a visible beam of electricity, which released electric pulses are carried and amplified by; as such, a pulse released by one Zap Slime can travel throughout an entire corral of other Zap Slimes before fizzling out, making them much more dangerous in numbers.

Plortonomics:
Zap Plorts are highly valued by technology manufacturers, who view them as invaluable to gadget design. The unique silicon compound which these plorts are comprised of is what allows for the Zap Slime to store and control electricity, and this level of electricity control, when used in electronics, can produce computers and other machines which run quickly, efficiently, and with minimal risk of short-circuiting.

(Other Notes)
- They will only eat fruit, their favorite being the Volt Orange.
It's nine hundred ninety-nine parts juice, one part battery acid.
While appearing similar to oranges found on Earth, this fruit's yellow, lightning-shaped leaf and strange pattern make it pretty clear that it isn't one. The darker side of the orange, branded with a strange "+" symbol, is filled with a sweet and zesty juice, while that of the lighter "-" side is overpoweringly sour. Oddly enough, if one Volt Orange's juices mix, it gives off nine volts of electricity, also making this fruit an excellent battery in a pinch.

- Their favorite toy is the Plasma Ball, an advanced slime toy.
Reduces agitation of nearby slimes, especially Zap Slimes who are just as mesmerized by it as we are.

- They would probably be best suited for a new area (and/or a newly-added weather event, e.g. a thunderstorm), but if not they would probably appear in the Ancient Ruins.

- Zap Plorts have a base value of 60 Newbucks apiece.

- A specifically-placed Zap Gordo could be added, otherwise one could simply be snared, i.e. using a Volt Orange.

- The conductive behaviors of the Zap Slime would be present in both pure and Largo variants of the slime, and could occur between the two (as in a Zap Largo could conduct a pure Zap Slime's electrical pulses, and vice versa)
Last edited by JCUnown on Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Remember kids, don't fall for Chick-fil-A's devious ad campaign. Don't support chicken genocide.

Don't be like BOb.
JCUnown
Chickadoo

Re: Zap Slime

Postby EmeraldPlay » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:39 am

Nice idea.
Welcome to the forums!
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby JCUnown » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:18 am

EmeraldPlay wrote:Nice idea.
Welcome to the forums!

Thank you! I appreciate it, hopefully the devs like it too ;)
Remember kids, don't fall for Chick-fil-A's devious ad campaign. Don't support chicken genocide.

Don't be like BOb.
JCUnown
Chickadoo

Postby InterestingKookadoba » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:32 am

Welcome to the Forums!
InterestingKookadoba wrote:I once went to the toilet. Lets go!
InterestingKookadoba
Rancher

Postby LunaSlimeRancher » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:10 am

This is an awesome idea! Welcome, Fellow Newbie!
LunaSlimeRancher
Plort

Return to Slime Design