Virus Slime

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Virus Slime

Postby McCauley1 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:28 pm

Virus Slime
You were so sure that button was harmless ...
Virus Slime.png
Virus Slime.png (1.17 KiB) Viewed 4075 times

Slimeology: These slimes have a random chance of appearing whenever you use the Slime Science Machine to create something. They appear to have code rolling over their body.
Diet: Fruit
Favorite Food: Cyberwi (a mechanical kiwi)
Rancher Risks: These slimes will cause any technology (excluding Decorations) to malfunction. If more than 10 are put in a coral together they can even cause the coral itself to malfunction. Largos can be made without the other slime eating one of their plorts, but rather just being too close to another slime, making it easy for a Virus Slime to take over a ranch.
Plortonics: These plorts are often sold on the black market to help hackers, but they're also used to develop better computer security.

Cyber Slime
I'm sure they won't take over the world
Cyber Slime.png
Cyber Slime.png (2.03 KiB) Viewed 4047 times

Slimeology: These slimes have a random chance of appearing whenever you use the Slime Science Machine to create something. They seem to be a cyborg slimes. They often improve the workings of nearby technology (lowering time for extractors, increasing the likelihood of certain slimes with gordo snares, etc).
Favorite Food: Cyberwi
Rancher Risks: Largos can be made without the other slime eating one of their plorts, but rather just being too close to another slime, making it easy for a Cyber Slime to take over a ranch.
Plortonics: Their plorts are used to develop high-tech machines and AI.
Last edited by McCauley1 on Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
McCauley1
Chickadoo

Re: Virus Slime

Postby EmeraldPlay » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:29 pm

Nice idea.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby LunaSlimeRancher » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:12 am

It's a good idea, but try adding a bit more detail to it.
McCauley1 wrote:Virus Slime
Joke: You were so sure that button was harmless ...
Virus Slime.png

These slimes have a random chance of appearing whenever you use the Slime Science Machine to create something. They appear to have code rolling over their body.
Favorite Food: Cyberwi (a mechanical kiwi)
Rancher Risks: These slimes will cause any technology (excluding Decorations) to malfunction. If more than 10 are put in a coral together they can even cause the coral itself to malfunction.
Plortonics: These plorts are often sold on the black market to help hackers.
LunaSlimeRancher
Plort

Postby JCUnown » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:53 pm

Not bad, but I'd recommend that you make it more of a "Cyber Slime" instead of a virus, and perhaps change its behaviors and tendencies to be less destructive to Slime Science equipment. That aside, this would actually seem to be a good addition to the devs' planned 1.3.0 update, Viktor's Experimental. (really excited for that btw)
Remember kids, don't fall for Chick-fil-A's devious ad campaign. Don't support chicken genocide.

Don't be like BOb.
JCUnown
Chickadoo

Postby McCauley1 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:24 pm

I like the idea of a Cyber Slime, maybe to counteract the Virus Slime, rather than replace it?
McCauley1
Chickadoo

Postby ILoveTurtles891 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:20 am

i like the idea although I do't think that they both should favor the cyborwi because no 2 slimes in SR have the same favorite food
-Sam Vlasenko (real name)
if you see this, you cannot see the other one
if you see this, you cannot see the other one
ILoveTurtles891
Rancher

Location: stuck is in the glass desert, finding my 18 gilded ginger

Return to Slime Design