The ??? Slime

Share your original Slimepedia entries

The ??? Slime

Postby risingdemise » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:30 pm

Yes it looks terrible. I'm merely trying to present a concept, nothing too detailed or serious. I drew it in paint. ??? is just a placeholder, though in execution it could certainly work, I find it funny.

Diet: Meat
Favorite Food: Painted Chicken(I'm just using this as a placeholder, honestly. Whatever chicken you'd consider very difficult to find. Dark and edgy, if possible.)

Slimeology: A lot of people like to consider the ??? slime as something evil, to be avoided, simply due to the sheer level of tenacity it takes to be able to care for even one of these slimes. However, it's just incredibly grumpy. Who wouldn't be, not being able to enjoy the sunshine? ??? slimes have a tendency to do everything they can do avoid sunlight. Caves, though, also bother them. They require very specific conditions in order to live happily, of which naturally, those conditions simply don't exist. As a result these slimes can be almost impossible to capture. Water does not calm them down, neither does feeding them, and unless pacified they cannot be captured. The only people who have ever captured them have offered their vague quotes about a situation being quite heated, but we still have no idea what they're talking about.(This would relate to a need to be near fire)

Rancher Risks: There pretty much isn't anything as dangerous. ??? slimes are far from benevolent, and will even attack(But not kill unless agitated) other slimes. When placed near other slimes, those slimes become agitated, and will do anything they can to get far away from this slime, even jump extra high to try getting out of their corrals. Due to this problem, it is considered wise to keep this slime isolated from other kinds. ??? slimes cannot become largos. Eating another slimes plort will have no effect on them due to their... shadowy nature.

The worst thing you could do is let this slime become even slightly hungry. This slime is not to be found wanting. It will be able to break out of its corral(Sometimes even breaking its corral completely, but this is only conveyed rumors...) and from there, disaster falls. It starts with red sparks falling from its wings... while in this stage, which can last several minutes, it can still be fed and your time caring for it saved. However, if you aren't paying attention or you're off somewhere else, you may come back to find a very violent monster. This slime does not care for being out in the sun. It does not care for not being well fed. And if it is any of these things, it will deal heavy damage to you, far more than that of normal slimes. We believe that without health upgrades, this slime will knock you out in one stroke. It gains a speed similar to that of a golden slime, and if allowed near your other slimes, it will kill them. Suffice to say, be careful, pay attention, and don't make it mad.

A common problem also found with the ??? slime is solar shields. Yes, they work well, however it seems that this slime is capable of easily escaping its pen unless it has a proper cover over the top. It has wings, afterall... did you think it wouldn't use them?

??? slimes are also prone to mood swings. Sometimes, under random circumstances, they become irate and will lash out no matter what you do. Again, those supposed "Experienced" people say the situation gets quite heated. Am I missing on some kind of joke here?!

*As this is just a concept, I understand this might seem a bit overpowered and difficult. However, I would appreciate a very difficult to raise slime with great potential and possible rewards. Something hard to find, and even when you find it, you might not have wanted to.... A lot of people just feed carnivores herbivore plorts, and problem solved. Or, if they don't like the sun, they put them in the cave. Why not make the solar shield have a purpose? Mayhaps this particular slime doesn't like pure darkness nor pure light... shade sounds nice though. But only the perfect shade would do...

Plortonomics: ??? plorts are valued for their beauty and gorgeous deep purple shine. Why, it's like looking at the deepest darkness in ones soul... Which is why they are so valued for jewelry. I suppose it really can be said rich people are willing to do anything to get the prettiest things.(In-game the value of these plorts would be near or equal to gold plorts, to reward the player for dealing with such a difficult slime)

I could hope at least this may hold for future inspiration for possible slimes in the future. Some slimes, in the end, should be valuable in inexplicable ways, and while there are other ways of obtaining such money, this road would be quicker... albeit far, far more deadly.
risingdemise
Plort

Re: The ??? Slime

Postby EmeraldPlay » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:39 am

A slime that's edgy for the sake of being edgy, hmm... yeah, no. It's just ridiculous.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby Randomtangle » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:24 am

The kill part sounds unfitting.
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!

Are you still here?
This is tiny.
Randomtangle
Treefox

Postby risingdemise » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:52 am

That's a little rude. You couldn't even consider it as a concept? In a game where Tarr eat slimes alive I think kill fits in at least a little. Since you clearly didn't read it, what I specifically said was, "I'd like a slime that, at least, is difficult to care for, but with great rewards". You don't need to immediately bash something just because it's a little edgy. I was just presenting a concept. But since you don't read, that's fine, I guess.
risingdemise
Plort

Postby tyrantlemon55 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:27 am

Overall, try to tone the edge down. Children are easily scared, and being the target audience of the game, it would cause nightmares if children do not know how to care for them, and thus suffer the consequences on their ranch.
aw frick
tyrantlemon55
Rancher

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:13 pm

risingdemise wrote:That's a little rude. You couldn't even consider it as a concept? In a game where Tarr eat slimes alive I think kill fits in at least a little. Since you clearly didn't read it, what I specifically said was, "I'd like a slime that, at least, is difficult to care for, but with great rewards". You don't need to immediately bash something just because it's a little edgy. I was just presenting a concept. But since you don't read, that's fine, I guess.

If you hunt around in Slimepedia articles, Tarr don't actually "kill" slimes at all; the Slime Sea is effectively the "Hivemind" of slimes, and so once defeated the slimes that the Tarr consumed are returned to the Sea and spat out eventually as a different slimes.

An idea being a concept does not protect it from criticism. All of my Fanon-Lore Posts - which have resulted in my never-ending drafts page - are, in the end, concepts - not fact, not opinion, just ideas for consideration.
This brings me to my next point; criticism is never - and I mean never - a thing to be avoided. As much time and effort you invest in a project, there is always a way to improve; and criticism is the way to reveal it. Someone "bashes" your idea? Keep their thoughts in mind when working on your next idea. Please note that I am not referring to the sort of posts that go along the lines of
Xx_xBochsGamer6969_xX wrote:wtf you emo scum
you shoul just die
worst ideer

These provide no improvement, and seem to intend to take rather than give. In fact, I don't really like to class these as criticisms at all; feel free to attack them as much as you like.

This idea truly is edgy just for the sake of it; to a ridiculous level, far beyond "a little". I'm sorry, but if you truly think Slime Rancher should be like this - despite the opportunity for such greater and far more reasonable suggestions - you perhaps should look for a different game.

I hope to see more of your ideas, risingdemise. Your presentation is very pleasant, and your ideas neatly organised. Thank you for sharing.

-TGH
Your friendly neighbourhood Philosopher/Idea Critic/Eldritch-Lord/Author/Inventor.
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Return to Slime Design