Meet the Geode Slime!

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Meet the Geode Slime!

Postby GuzmaIsNotHere » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:59 am

SUUUUP! I have been resurrected back from my grave so I could share a few ideas, but this is what I have for now.
(sorry for the crappy resolution lol)

SLIMEPEDIA ENTRY

"Don't judge a book by its cover."

Diet: Veggies

Favorite Food: Silicanise
SIlicanise are an uncommon veggie that grow mostly underground, but can also be found on land. They are well-known for being used for extracting a chemical for medicine.

Favorite Toy: Quartz Cluster

Slimeology:
Relatives of rock and crystal slimes, Geode Slimes are abundant in all areas of the Far, Far Range, especially caves. However, their prevalence doesn't make them any less fascinating! The only way to obtain plorts from this breed of slime is to crack it open by smashing it against the ground, or against wall. But it doesn't end there - geode slimes have to have plorts formed inside their bodies after a process of formation of crystals that is only possible by feeding the slime.

Geode slimes, unlike other regular slimes, can drop several plorts at a time, depending on how well-fed they are, but unfortunately the maximum amount of plorts does not increase if a geode slime becomes a largo.

Rancher Risks:
If not careful, geode slimes will spill lava or silica-rich liquid depending on their current phase. Interacting with those substances will harm the rancher and the slimes, agitating the latter. You can splash water on lava to get rid of it, although this trick won't work with silica. That's why it's better to always keep them well-fed so you won't accidentally hurt yourself.

Plortonomics:
Geode plorts are often used for jewelry, but are also told to soothe the mind and emotions. They used to be thought as rare, and were even called "plorts of fire" back when geode slimes were just discovered. They are believed to be able to control a person's evil thoughts and are often used as talismans for protection.

_____

A geode slime's plort amount is affected by how much food was it fed before transitioning in the silica phase. A geode slime's phase is determined by the presence of glow emitted from its holes. If the glow is present, a geode slime is in its lava phase and can be fed around 7 pieces of food(3 if it is its favorite)before transitioning into its silica form.
Time taken in order for a geode slime to transition from its lava phase to silica phase is determined by how much food it has eaten in its lava phase.
0 pcs. of food: ∞ in-game minutes
1 pcs. of food: 120 in-game minutes
2 pcs. of food(1 pcs. of favorite): 100 in-game minutes
3 pcs. of food: 80 in-game minutes
4 pcs. of food(2 pcs. of favorite): 60 in-game minutes
5 pcs. of food: 40 in-game minutes
6 pcs. of food(3 pcs. of favorite): 20 in-game minutes
7 pcs. of food: instant transition

Transitioning from silica to crystal phase can take 120(6-7 pcs. of food, maximum), 80(4-5 pcs. of food), 40(2-3 pcs. of food) or 20(1 pcs. of food)in-game minutes, depending on how many pieces of food it has eaten before transitioning into silica phase.

A geode slime can not be fed during its silica phase.

Geode slimes can drop 1(1 pcs. of food), 2(2 pcs.), 3(3 pcs.), 4(4 pcs.), 5(5 pcs.) or 6-7(7 pcs. or 6 psc., 50/50 chance for either to get 6 or 7 plorts from feeding, doesn't if the number of plorts matches the number of food fed).
NOTES: Number of plorts produced technically doesn't double upon being fed by a favorite food, since it is only essential during the lava phase and quickens the time taken for transitioning into the next phase.
Number of maximum plorts do not increase if a geode slime turns into a largo, only the type of plorts produced changes and nothing else, geode largos still will drop a maximum of 6-7 plorts like regular geodes [slimes].
c h e e s e s n a c k
GuzmaIsNotHere
Chickadoo

Re: Meet the Geode Slime!

Postby EmeraldPlay » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:30 pm

Nice idea!
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby tyrantlemon55 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:35 pm

So, to get the plort, the slime must be eliminated? The SPS is not gonna like this... I think i'ts a nice gimmick, though.
aw frick
tyrantlemon55
Rancher

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:34 am

So, let me get this clear; the slime dying is the only way to access plortagination?
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby GuzmaIsNotHere » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:55 am

TheGreciansHousehold wrote:So, let me get this clear; the slime dying is the only way to access plortagination?

Actually the slime doesn't die, it quickly merges back together. I forgot to mention it here, haha. But your version sounds gruesome but kind of comical, I like it.
c h e e s e s n a c k
GuzmaIsNotHere
Chickadoo

Return to Slime Design