A whole lot of ideas

Share your original Slimepedia entries

A whole lot of ideas

Postby Henzoid » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:12 am

Part of a hypothetical update “Utilizing The Wild”

Plort Trap (utility):
WHAT: A Box with nozzles sticking out. Periodically vacuums in plorts left by wild slimes
BLUEPRINT COST: 10k
COST: 15 Hunter plorts, 6 Sabre plorts, 5 glass shards, 5 spicy tofu
RADIUS: A bit longer than that of the vacpack
STORAGE: 100 of any one type of plort
ACTIVATION: Every in game hour

Holo-Ball (warp tech):
WHAT: a digital sphere floating above a stand, which shows a real time feed of the holo-ball’s link.
COST: 15 Quantum plorts, 10 Mosaic plorts, 9 glass shards, 9 jellystone, 1 strange diamond
ABILITIES: when activated (E) you can see through the ball, as if you were standing where the linked ball is, but cannot move (you can rotate though)

Tarrberry Faucet (utility):
WHAT: A sprinkler that periodically sprays tarrberry juice onto all plorts on the ground nearby.
COST: 15 Tabby plorts, 20 tarrberries, 10 primordioil, 10 wild honey, 1 royal jelly
ABILITIES: Covers nearby plorts with tarrberry juice. This makes slimes not want to eat the plorts, vastly decreasing the chance of tarrs.
RADIUS: Twice as large as the vacpack range
ACTIVATION: Every in game hour.
EFFECTIVENESS: More than 90% of slimes will be deterred from the plorts

Tarrberries (food):
WHAT: black, viscous cherry like fruits that are a rare result of a fruit decaying.
CHANCE: There is a 5% chance that a fruit will become a tarrberry instead of decaying.
FAVORED BY: The tarr (who surprisingly give a gold plort after being fed a tarrberry)

Tarr Gordo (tarrberry on gordo snare):
WHAT: What it sounds like
ABILITIES: Effectively a cool looking incinerator, also scares slimes.

Aqua Drill (utility):
WHAT: A small drill that burrows down, and results in a water source.
COST: 20 Puddle plorts, 15 Dervish plorts, 15 jellystone, 12 slime fossil, 10 indigonium

Nutrient Pump (utility):
WHAT: A pump that pushes nutrients into the earth below it, causing all wild food plants around it to produce max harvest, 1.5 times as fast.
COST: 20 Tangle plorts, 12 jellystone, 4 slime fossil, 5 wild honey, 1 royal jelly
RADIUS: 3 times as large as the range of the vacpack, extending down but not up

Bea Notes (Curios):
WHAT: Like Hobbson’s notes, but you place them wherever you want, and can edit what they say.
COST (Makes 5): 30 Mosaic plorts, 30 Quantum plorts, 30 silky sand, 2 Strange diamonds

Industrial Teleporter (Warp Tech):
WHAT: Big teleporter chambers that can also teleport largos and toys as well as anything that enters it
BLUEPRINT COST: 5k per color
COST: [Normal items per color] x2

Slimeglass (Curios):
WHAT: A mounted telescope that you can look far away with
COST: 20 Phosphor plorts, 20 Rad plorts, 15 Glass shards, 1 Strange Diamond
ABILITIES: When activated, you are zoomed in by 5 times, and move your view with the mouse button (but are stationary)
Henzoid
Plort

Re: A whole lot of ideas

Postby EmeraldPlay » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:39 am

Nice ideas, but I'm afraid the tarrberries would make getting gold plorts a lot easier.
Welcome to the forums!
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:22 pm

Some nice ideas there! Here are my opinions.

Part of a hypothetical update “Utilizing The Wild”

Sounds interesting.

Plort Trap (utility):
WHAT: A Box with nozzles sticking out. Periodically vacuums in plorts left by wild slimes
COST: 15 Hunter plorts, 6 Sabre plorts, 5 glass shards, 5 spicy tofu
RADIUS: A bit longer than that of the vacpack
STORAGE: 100 of any one type of plort
ACTIVATION: Every in game hour

Sure, this sounds good. However, I can see it creating a lot of lag; having to load in 3-5 areas at once would be pretty harsh on most computers.

Holo-Ball (warp tech):
WHAT: a digital sphere floating above a stand, which shows a real time feed of the holo-ball’s link.
COST: 15 Quantum plorts, 10 Mosaic plorts, 9 glass shards, 9 jellystone, 1 strange diamond
ABILITIES: when activated (E) you can see through the ball, as if you were standing where the linked ball is, but cannot move (you can rotate though)

This is pretty cool. As the system would only have to render the area when activated, it wouldn't be too laggy. The real question is, though: why?

Tarrberry Faucet (utility):
WHAT: A sprinkler that periodically sprays tarrberry juice onto all plorts on the ground nearby.
COST: 15 Tabby plorts, 20 tarrberries, 10 primordioil, 10 wild honey, 1 royal jelly
ABILITIES: Covers nearby plorts with tarrberry juice. This makes slimes not want to eat the plorts, vastly decreasing the chance of tarrs.
RADIUS: Twice as large as the vacpack range
ACTIVATION: Every in game hour.
EFFECTIVENESS: More than 90% of slimes will be deterred from the plorts

This would be fine, but 90% is a lot. Perhaps decrease that for balancing to 60-70%.

Tarrberries (food):
WHAT: black, viscous cherry like fruits that are a rare result of a fruit decaying.
CHANCE: There is a 5% chance that a fruit will become a tarrberry instead of decaying.
FAVORED BY: The tarr (who surprisingly give a gold plort after being fed a tarrberry)

This would be fine, but, as EmraldPlay has said, this would make gold plorts far too easy to access. Also, it would effectively make a way to farm gold plorts by stockpiling fruit and veggies in a corner and keeping, say, pink-phosphor largoes with a silo of, say, rock plorts nearby.
Tarr Gordo (tarrberry on gordo snare):
WHAT: What it sounds like
ABILITIES: Effectively a cool looking incinerator, also scares slimes.

Nice.

Aqua Drill (utility):
WHAT: A small drill that burrows down, and results in a water source.
COST: 20 Puddle plorts, 15 Dervish plorts, 15 jellystone, 12 slime fossil, 10 indigonium

Sure. Could be a bit overpowered, but.. sure.

Nutrient Pump (utility):
WHAT: A pump that pushes nutrients into the earth below it, causing all wild food plants around it to produce max harvest, 1.5 times as fast.
COST: 20 Tangle plorts, 12 jellystone, 4 slime fossil, 5 wild honey, 1 royal jelly
RADIUS: 3 times as large as the range of the vacpack, extending down but not up

I mean, this is cool but not very practical. The majory of wild plants are quite spaced out, making this pretty useless.

Industrial Teleporter (Warp Tech):
WHAT: Big teleporter chambers that can also teleport largos and toys as well as anything that enters it
BLUEPRINT COST: 5k per color
COST: [Normal items per color] x2

The entire point of having largoes and toys be unteleportable is to make largo transport harder and wild feral slimes less ditractable. Thumbs-down from me.

Slimeglass (Curios):
WHAT: A mounted telescope that you can look far away with
COST: 20 Phosphor plorts, 20 Rad plorts, 15 Glass shards, 1 Strange Diamond
ABILITIES: When activated, you are zoomed in by 5 times, and move your view with the mouse button (but are stationary)

Sounds fun.
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby Henzoid » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:29 pm

Thanks for all the great criticism! I will say that i now agree about the gold plots thing. Honestly though, if i just get rid of that little addition, they’re really not that bad, right? Also, the reason for some of the utilities isn’t because they would be the most useful thing ever, but it’s jnteresting, fits the theme, and gives end game players more things to attempt
Henzoid
Plort

Postby Randomtangle » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:26 pm

Pretty cool!
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!

Are you still here?
This is tiny.
Randomtangle
Treefox

Postby Noggy05 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:56 pm

Sounds interesting. What would the Bea Notes be used for?
Lionmeow made my avatar!

Thanks for three amazing years.
I'm not active here anymore, email me at thatsnosquirrel@gmail.com or add me on discord at Comically Overpowered Greela#5756 if you want to talk to me.
Noggy05
Keeper

Postby tyrantlemon55 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:45 pm

Noggy05 wrote:Sounds interesting. What would the Bea Notes be used for?

We could use them to tell certain controls, tips, or mental notes we need jotted down.
aw frick
tyrantlemon55
Rancher

Return to Slime Design