It's Been A While! :D

Share your original Slimepedia entries

It's Been A While! :D

Postby MisfortuneRising » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:53 pm

The Mirrored Range: It’s like you've been here before, but you haven't. Does that make any sense?

The Mirrored Range is an alternate pocket dimension of the Far, Far Range that was discovered hundreds of years ago by the oldest of the old slime scientists. None of them could figure out how to get there, and if you can figure out how to get there, then we consider you a god among slimes.

In order to unlock the Mirrored Range, a rancher must complete a big list of requirements: (I guess those old slime scientists didn’t know about this)

* All zones, including the Wilds and Nimble Valley must be unlocked
* Every oasis in the Glass Desert must be revived
* Every ranch expansion must be unlocked
* The highest rank in the 7Zee Rewards Club must be achieved
* You must have completed at least 5 range exchanges with every rancher (including BOb)
* All shop upgrades must be purchased
* All slimes must be discovered
* Every slimepedia entry must be filled out
* All slime gates must be opened (including the Ancient Ruins plort gate)
* All treasure pods must be found
* You must have 200 or more slime science gadgets fabricated
* All starmail must be read (this includes all Casey mail, final Hobson mail, Ogden’s invite to the Wilds mail, Mochi’s invite to Nimble Valley mail, and Viktor’s invite to his lab mail)
* All teleporters must be fabricated
* You must have located and completely raided all 3 of Hobson’s secret vaults
* End credits must be viewed at least once all the way through
* All achievements must be unlocked
* Need to have discovered and profited from 5 Gold Slimes or more
* You must have a newbuck count of 500,000 or more
* All of Mochi’s, Ogden’s, and Viktor’s tasks given to you must be completed
* Day count must be 250 days or more
* All Gordos must be popped
* You must have busted open 100 crates or more
* All map data nodes must be located and activated
* All Hobson journal entries must be read (including the pointless ones)
* You must have purchased at least one of every slime toy
* All islands must be discovered. This means both Ring Island and Ash Isle

Once all of this has been accomplished, you will get a starmail from an unknown entity that will tell you about a secret portal on a far out island that will take you into the Mirrored Range.

The teleporter to get to this far out island is located in the Moss Blanket in a secret alcove after a rancher pops a second Honey Gordo, a second Boom Gordo, and a second Hunter Gordo.

Because of the dangers of the Mirrored Range, there are no slime science build sites in there, so teleporting in and out of the Mirrored Range from your ranch isn’t an option.

The Mirrored Range is very simple: It’s an alternate version of the Far, Far Range where everything in there faces the opposite direction. It will take some getting used to since you’re not used to going left when you’re normally used to going right, and vice versa. So that means that if you’re exiting your ranch house after you sleep, (which you can’t in this dimension) the Grotto will be on your left, and the Overgrowth will be on your right. Slime's roles have been reversed and now most slimes that are encountered are feral, with the few areas on the Mirrored Range having small patches of normal slimes. Just be sure to bring plenty of food to this place! On a side note: A rancher can only spend 5 in-game days in the Mirrored Range dimension at a time because of the large amounts of instability. This is probably caused by how many feral largos inhabit it. If a rancher fails to return to the teleporter in time, they will be knocked out due to the unstable climate and return home to the normal range in their normal ranch house.

Besides getting to see the mirrored version of what you're used to, you'll also get a handful of deluxe rewards from the 7Zee Corporation that are only given to a select number of lucky ranchers.

List of rewards include:

* Plort Collector Upgrade
* Vacc Tank Storage Omega
* 2 highly exclusive ranks in the 7Zee Rewards Club:
* Diamond Dragon I:
Spring Shoes Mk I
Echo Collector 2.0
Midnight Amber Chroma Pack
Phantom Burgundy Chroma Pack
* Diamond Dragon II
Spring Shoes Mk II
Pulse Wave 2.0
Cherry Turquoise Chroma Pack
Shadow Cobalt Chroma Pack
* Power Core Mk IV
* Spare Food Collector Upgrade
* Access to the 7Zee Rewards Club Resort!
There will be a teleporter to the resort right next to the upgrades shop after you have finished the list of requirements and unlocked the Mirrored Range. The 7Zee Rewards Club Resort is a medium sized tropical island that resides far, far out beyond any zone on the Far, Far Range. Here, you can take a break from ranching and slime wrangling and take a breath of relief. This island is home to 2 new slimes!

Seashell Slime: These little guys always hear the ocean.

Slimeology: The seashell slime was said to have been born from ancient Slimeshells that were discovered in the Slime Sea hundreds of years ago. Slime scientists have ongoing studies on these mysterious shells, and have dug up quite a bit of information (interesting how this is one of the only things that they've been able to obtain information on). You can constantly hear the sound of the ocean with a seashell slime nearby. This sound gets slightly louder with each seashell slime in your presence. These slimes will not float on water however. Rather, they have a curious behavior of simply sitting still on the floor of any water source. Another study is being conducted due to a theory that seashell slimes can communicate with one another telepathically. Again, this is just a theory so don't get any ideas.

Plortonomics: Seashell plorts are used to make fancy seashell decorations such as necklaces, bracelets, earrings, and rings. They are also used to decorate things such as picture frames, chandeliers, statues, and fountains. Of course, these plorts have to be decreased in size a little bit so that whatever is made with them doesn't turn out to be an over-sized monstrosity. These plorts are highly fashionable and most people on Earth own way more than one. They can be quite expensive though, but not ridiculously expensive like ruby plorts, or sapphire plorts, or gold plorts.

Rancher Risks: Seashell slimes pose no threat to ranchers. They are very happy slimes that like frolicking with any other kind of slime (except tarr) and the sound of the ocean that they give off is very relaxing. It also temporarily calms down feral slimes and distracts any tarr nearby.

Kiweed: Very simple: Seaweed that tastes like kiwi.

Food Type: Veggie

Favored By: Seashell Slime

About: Kiweed is by far the most delectable treat among seashell slimes. They will do ANYTHING to get some of it. This also applies for any slime largos composing a seashell slime. Kiweed can be dried and turned into quite the nutritious snack, and it tastes like kiwi! What's not to live? It can also be used in a wide variety of tropical meals! It just gets better and better!

On The Ranch: Because kiweed can only grow in the tropical waters of the 7Zee Resort, it cannot be grown in a garden.

Salt Slime: We advise you not to lick this slime. It's weird, it's totally gross, and it tastes awful. Plus, salt slime despise being licked by anyone or anything.

Slimeology: The salt slime came from the saltwater geysers that are found on the 7Zee Resort. These slimes are said to be a way of reversing bad luck by those superstitious ranchers. These ranchers will gently throw a salt plort over their shoulder if they feel like or if they know that they have bad luck.

Plortonomics: Salt plorts are ground up and sold as a highly expensive and exquisite salt. This salt can set you back quite a bit, and usually is only sought after and bought the those rich snobs back on Earth. Don't tell them we said that...

Rancher Risks: Salt slimes need saltwater to survive and will quickly evaporate if there is no saltwater in their presence. These slimes are the cousin of the puddle slime, (kinda obvious) but since puddle slimes can't be in saltwater, and salt slimes can't be in fresh water, this prevents salt slimes and puddle slimes from being in the same pond. The new Saltwater Pond Upgrade is now available to ranch salt slimes. Be warned, if a puddle slime enters a saltwater pond, it will immediately vanish, and vice versa.

Salty Hen: This hen gets upset at the littlest things.

Food Type: Meat

Favored By: Salt Slime

About: Salty hens are by far the most sassiest and easily agitated hens that exist. Even the slightest and tiniest thing that may be of some inconvenience or annoyance REALLY angers them. Because of the way that these hens act, most ranchers avoid catching them unless they're trying to ranch salt slimes.

On The Ranch: Hen hens in close proximity to roostros will periodically lay eggs that produce chickadoos. However, keeping too many hens or roostros in close proximity makes them anxious and egg production will come to a halt. Savvy ranchers with an understanding of the complex nature of chicken romance always keep their coops from exceeding 12 grown chickens.

Salty Chickadoo: This chick is bound to be just as butthurt as its parents and siblings.

About: Chickadoos of all varieties will never be eaten by slimes. Some believe this is because slimes are too kind-hearted to do such a thing. Others believe it's because chickadoos don't yet have enough meat on their bones.

Chickadoos are baby chickens that will eventually grow into a hen hen or more rarely, a roostro.

On The Ranch: Keep chickadoos in a safe place and they'll eventually grow into a Hen Hen or Roostro.
Last edited by MisfortuneRising on Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:54 pm, edited 10 times in total.
MisfortuneRising
Rancher

Re: It's Been A While! :D

Postby Randomtangle » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:17 pm

Sounds like little payoff for a hard list.
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!

Are you still here?
This is tiny.
Randomtangle
Treefox

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:04 am

Randomtangle wrote:Sounds like little payoff for a hard list.

Presumably this would have more rewards judging as it is certainly endgame. I think the thread creator is still working on it.
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby MisfortuneRising » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:21 am

TheGreciansHousehold wrote:

Presumably this would have more rewards judging as it is certainly endgame. I think the thread creator is still working on it.

I am. I kinda ran out of ideas yesterday. :P

I'm currently thinking of a list of rewards for entering the Mirrored Range. I hope to have it done later today.
MisfortuneRising
Rancher

Postby MisfortuneRising » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:25 am

To be fair, you'll eventually do all this gradually as the in-game days progress. I am currently thinking of more to add to it. All the list requirements aren't really that bad. Some of them are time consuming, but that's always the case in this game. The point of the Mirrored Range is to be an ultimate accomplishment for people who progress that far into the game. It's not meant to be an easy task. Not difficult, just time consuming. That's all. Also, considering that you only get a certain amount of time to edit a thread, I may have to repost this thread entirely with the updated features.
MisfortuneRising
Rancher

Postby Randomtangle » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:23 am

maybe you could do quests and get good stuff from it, or get special slime science resources from it.
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!

Are you still here?
This is tiny.
Randomtangle
Treefox

Postby EmeraldPlay » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:32 am

Wow, that's a lot of requirements.
Nice idea!
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby MisfortuneRising » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:05 pm

EmeraldPlay wrote:Wow, that's a lot of requirements.
Nice idea!

It's a lot of requirements because if you haven't been playing the game for very long, or if you HAVE been playing the game for long, then the Mirrored Range is meant to be that big prize/accomplishment that you get after doing all these requirements. Think of it as like Super Mario Bros. where you have to get all the star coins to unlock world 9. Or think of it as like Donkey Kong Country Returns/Tropical Freeze where in order to achieve 200% you have to clear the whole game(s) in both Normal Mode and Mirror Mode. For people who play Mario and Donkey Kong for the first time, getting all the star coins and beating the game(s) on both modes is difficult. For people who play Slime Rancher, completing all these requirements in order to unlock the Mirrored Range is difficult. The only way any of this is easy for a beginner is if they have dumb luck. Yes I know that the list is more time consuming than difficult.
MisfortuneRising
Rancher

Postby Randomtangle » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:57 pm

Cool stuff you get!
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!

Are you still here?
This is tiny.
Randomtangle
Treefox

Postby MisfortuneRising » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:49 am

Randomtangle wrote:Cool stuff you get!

Thank you! :D
MisfortuneRising
Rancher

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:21 am

Now that you've added some rewards, I really like this idea - which is not something that happens often. Great work!
My Fanon-Lore Posts

- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby MisfortuneRising » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:40 am

TheGreciansHousehold wrote:Now that you've added some rewards, I really like this idea - which is not something that happens often. Great work!

What do you mean by "this is not something that happens often"? Do you mean that you don't like other people's ideas often or do you mean that I personally don't have very good ideas often? Just curious. And thanks by the way! :D
MisfortuneRising
Rancher

Postby Randomtangle » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:00 am

?Will there be special resources you can get only there?
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!

Are you still here?
This is tiny.
Randomtangle
Treefox

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:13 am

MisfortuneRising wrote:
TheGreciansHousehold wrote:Now that you've added some rewards, I really like this idea - which is not something that happens often. Great work!

What do you mean by "this is not something that happens often"? Do you mean that you don't like other people's ideas often or do you mean that I personally don't have very good ideas often? Just curious. And thanks by the way! :D

The former. I guess I'm just picky.
My Fanon-Lore Posts

- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby MisfortuneRising » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:00 pm

TheGreciansHousehold wrote:
MisfortuneRising wrote:

The former. I guess I'm just picky.

No worries! :D
MisfortuneRising
Rancher

Postby MisfortuneRising » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:01 pm

Randomtangle wrote:?Will there be special resources you can get only there?

No, considering that the Mirrored Range is just a mirrored version of the Far, Far Range. Plus I mentioned that there aren't any slime science build sites in the Mirrored Range.
MisfortuneRising
Rancher

Postby Randomtangle » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:49 pm

No, I mean for the Range.
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!

Are you still here?
This is tiny.
Randomtangle
Treefox

Postby Relentless » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:23 pm

Well, well, well...

I've been gone for a long time, Misfortune. Remember those other times when we made things together? Those were the good days.

And now, look at you: Earning Oceanus' trust (not something that happens often), all while I was gone?

I'm proud.

Really proud.

Great idea, as always.
The world's first unlicensed Slime Rancher community ideas writer. I display this title proudly - in front of my slimes.
Xbox One Gamertag: Omega1849

Look! An invite to the Slime Rancher Discord: https://discord.gg/bA3vArm
Relentless
Rancher

Postby MisfortuneRising » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:47 pm

Relentless wrote:Well, well, well...

I've been gone for a long time, Misfortune. Remember those other times when we made things together? Those were the good days.

And now, look at you: Earning Oceanus' trust (not something that happens often), all while I was gone?

I'm proud.

Really proud.

Great idea, as always.

Thanks man! Haven't been able to post much recently cause I've been so busy. I'm currently working on my biggest idea yet. It won't be out for a little bit. But who knows? That might change. However, you can expect the idea to be posted before the end of the year, and if it doesn't, then forgive me. Anyway, glad to hear from you again, and I hope that we can continue to collaborate together on ideas in the near future. See ya around! :D
MisfortuneRising
Rancher

Postby Randomtangle » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:46 am

How did you earn his trust?
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!

Are you still here?
This is tiny.
Randomtangle
Treefox

Postby MisfortuneRising » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:51 am

Randomtangle wrote:How did you earn his trust?

I literally have no idea. He said he liked my ideas, which is not something that happens very often. I think it's even rare to some extent. I feel so special since I've heard that he doesn't approve of people's ideas often. :)

I hope I'm not wording this wrong, so Oceanus, if you're reading this, I mean no offense. :)
MisfortuneRising
Rancher

Postby Randomtangle » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:14 pm

That's true.
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!