the land of food

Share your original Slimepedia entries

the land of food

Postby dragonspy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:25 pm

the land of food is a new area that is only accessed by beating the game the land of food contains every piece of food in the game. to get to the land of food there is a teleporter behind the plort market machine.
User avatar
dragonspy
Rancher
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:21 pm

Re: the land of food

Postby Randomtangle » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:27 pm

sounds good.
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
Avatar made by Hachi!
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!






Are you still here?
This is tiny.
User avatar
Randomtangle
Treefox
 
Posts: 1167
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:34 pm
Location: Cactoland

Re: the land of food

Postby MisfortuneRising » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:01 pm

dragonspy wrote:the land of food is a new area that is only accessed by beating the game the land of food contains every piece of food in the game. to get to the land of food there is a teleporter behind the plort market machine.


Good idea but I don't think that the teleporter leading to The Land of Food should be so easy to access.
That's just my opinion! Great concept though! :D
User avatar
MisfortuneRising
Rancher
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:34 am

Re: the land of food

Postby EmeraldPlay » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:16 am

I don't think this would make sense.
My avatar is from this chart, courtesy of Miomilla.

-----
Links worth checking out:
My Discord server for the wiki!
My Pure Saber Slime Mod!
The prototype features I restored!

-----
Praise the sun!
User avatar
EmeraldPlay
Treefox
 
Posts: 1831
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:08 am
Location: somewhere in Europe

Re: the land of food

Postby Randomtangle » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:23 am

Can every plant there be a plant that can give food, even tacti that don't normally give food?
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
Avatar made by Hachi!
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!






Are you still here?
This is tiny.
User avatar
Randomtangle
Treefox
 
Posts: 1167
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:34 pm
Location: Cactoland

Re: the land of food

Postby dragonspy » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:33 pm

Randomtangle wrote:Can every plant there be a plant that can give food, even tacti that don't normally give food?

I dont know what a tacti is
User avatar
dragonspy
Rancher
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:21 pm

Re: the land of food

Postby Randomtangle » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:09 pm

Look up potted tactus.
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
Avatar made by Hachi!
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!






Are you still here?
This is tiny.
User avatar
Randomtangle
Treefox
 
Posts: 1167
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:34 pm
Location: Cactoland

Re: the land of food

Postby Noggy05 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:58 pm

Woah, this would be quite OP unless there were some slimes or something (that don't produce plorts) be constantly guarding and/or eating the food.
Clint Eastwood wrote:They say marriages are made in Heaven. But so is thunder and lightning.

Half right. The thunder and lightning are from the Forums...

What do I write here?

I'm the self-proclaimed forum morale officer!
User avatar
Noggy05
Keeper
 
Posts: 654
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:59 pm
Location: ailartsuA (Trapped in a mirror in Australia)

Re: the land of food

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:45 pm

This makes literally no sense. Plants grow in their natural habitat, and the current zones are completely different in temperature, nutrietal value and layout.
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.
User avatar
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox
 
Posts: 1406
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:12 am
Location: England is my city

Re: the land of food

Postby Randomtangle » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:36 am

We need tactus berries
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
Avatar made by Hachi!
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!






Are you still here?
This is tiny.
User avatar
Randomtangle
Treefox
 
Posts: 1167
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:34 pm
Location: Cactoland

Re: the land of food

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:36 am

Randomtangle wrote:We need tactus berries

Except.. tacti are.. cacti.
Not bushes.
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.
User avatar
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox
 
Posts: 1406
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:12 am
Location: England is my city

Re: the land of food

Postby tyrantlemon55 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:22 pm

TheGreciansHousehold wrote:
Randomtangle wrote:We need tactus berries

Except.. tacti are.. cacti.
Not bushes.

Actually, no. Tacti are based off of the saguaro cactus, found mainly in Mexico and the southern USA. Saguaro produce edible fruits, which are eaten by birds and locals. The more known type of cactus fruit is the one from the prickly pear cactus. Only problem, it's high on the cactus, but a vacpack solves that problem.
But I don't think the land of food makes much sense. After all, each zone in the Far, Far Range has a different climate and soil quality (i.e, Moss Blanket has soil and a tropical climate suited for trees, The Indigo Quarry has a mineral-rich soil and cold air, perfect for root vegetables, and the Glass Desert is dry, hot, but sometimes humid, leading to hardier plants and animals). Same goes for chickens and where they are found. The developers did a good job at climate and environmental science for each zone, so unless the Land of Food has micro-climates and mini-zones, I don't think it will work (boy did I go Jane Goodall on this post).
aw frick
User avatar
tyrantlemon55
Rancher
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:46 pm
Location: In a five-cheese bucatini

Re: the land of food

Postby JasontheBasin » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:42 am

tyrantlemon55 wrote:
TheGreciansHousehold wrote:
Randomtangle wrote:We need tactus berries

Except.. tacti are.. cacti.
Not bushes.

Actually, no. Tacti are based off of the saguaro cactus, found mainly in Mexico and the southern USA. Saguaro produce edible fruits, which are eaten by birds and locals. The more known type of cactus fruit is the one from the prickly pear cactus. Only problem, it's high on the cactus, but a vacpack solves that problem.
But I don't think the land of food makes much sense. After all, each zone in the Far, Far Range has a different climate and soil quality (i.e, Moss Blanket has soil and a tropical climate suited for trees, The Indigo Quarry has a mineral-rich soil and cold air, perfect for root vegetables, and the Glass Desert is dry, hot, but sometimes humid, leading to hardier plants and animals). Same goes for chickens and where they are found. The developers did a good job at climate and environmental science for each zone, so unless the Land of Food has micro-climates and mini-zones, I don't think it will work (boy did I go Jane Goodall on this post).

Don't forget: We already have a prickly pear, which is different from the ones on a prickly pear cactus but we don't like having clones of food here
Im good friends with emeraldplay, who's a Slime rancher modding god.

HAIL HIM.
User avatar
JasontheBasin
Keeper
 
Posts: 460
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 6:37 pm
Location: Ranch #12038209382092123798

Re: the land of food

Postby tyrantlemon55 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:26 pm

JasontheBasin wrote:
tyrantlemon55 wrote:
TheGreciansHousehold wrote:
Randomtangle wrote:We need tactus berries

Except.. tacti are.. cacti.
Not bushes.

Actually, no. Tacti are based off of the saguaro cactus, found mainly in Mexico and the southern USA. Saguaro produce edible fruits, which are eaten by birds and locals. The more known type of cactus fruit is the one from the prickly pear cactus. Only problem, it's high on the cactus, but a vacpack solves that problem.
But I don't think the land of food makes much sense. After all, each zone in the Far, Far Range has a different climate and soil quality (i.e, Moss Blanket has soil and a tropical climate suited for trees, The Indigo Quarry has a mineral-rich soil and cold air, perfect for root vegetables, and the Glass Desert is dry, hot, but sometimes humid, leading to hardier plants and animals). Same goes for chickens and where they are found. The developers did a good job at climate and environmental science for each zone, so unless the Land of Food has micro-climates and mini-zones, I don't think it will work (boy did I go Jane Goodall on this post).

Don't forget: We already have a prickly pear, which is different from the ones on a prickly pear cactus but we don't like having clones of food here


Prickle Pears grow on trees, but the point still stands; clones of food are a no-no.
aw frick
User avatar
tyrantlemon55
Rancher
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:46 pm
Location: In a five-cheese bucatini


Return to Slime Design

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests