The Melancholy Meadows. :3

Share your original Slimepedia entries

The Melancholy Meadows. :3

Postby SlimeyAidan0917 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:17 pm

Teardrop Slime: So sad you'll wanna drop it. (cringey I know. I couldn't think.)

Slimeology: The Teardrop Slime is one of the most common slimes that you could find in the Melancholy Meadows. The Teardrop Slimes used to live in harmony with puddle slimes. Until some rebellious Puddle Slimes thought that they didn't fit in.. They forced the little slimes to leave the puddle slime's pond. The Teardrop Slimes were forever sad, and wound up in the melancholy meadows. They now roam the purple waters, waiting for happiness.

Plortonomics: Teardrop plorts are used on earth for medicine. Doctors say that the teardrop plorts enter the human body, and apparently come to life! Then they walk around the body, dripping tears to heal the body. The doctors don't know how it works, it just does! (yeah, its stupid.)

Rancher Risks: Teardrop Slimes contain no risks to the lovely rancher. Actually, once you remove them from the melancholy meadows, the will be truly happy. I swear, it will make your day!

Purple Pond: The Purple Pond upgrade allows you to keep teardrop slimes in your park! Purple water pulled straight from the Melancholy Meadows.

Stuffed Tear: Perfect for calming down slimes! Especially Teardrop Slimes who love to bask in their depression through toys!

Gushing Gourd: The Gushing Gourd can sometimes be a bit explo—...

The Gushing Gourd is a very explosive food, but thats the only way the teardrop slimes can eat it! The gourds explode when the slime gets close and it explodes. The little bits of the fruit fly at the slime's bodies, then the slimes absorb the fruit bits into their bodies and thats how they eat! But for some unknown reason, they only explode near Teardrop slimes....

Cloudy Slime: Walk right through 'em.

Slimeology: The Cloudy slimes are a very annoying slime too harvest, maybe even more annoying then Quantum slimes! The Cloudy slimes fly in the Melancholy Meadows, once bright, big, and beautiful clouds, are now all grey, gloomy, and an average slime size. They used to cover the whole planet, now to become so small. Bring them to your ranch and turn them bright and beaming! But remember, they still stay small. So you'll have your own personal clouds!

Plortonomics: Cloudy plorts are used on earth to help out with air pollution. There is a special machine, in the basement of a factory called "Pollution-O." Apparently, thats supposed to stand for "Pollution Over." Well, there is a special machine that they put the Cloudy plorts in and the plorts come out as fresh air, the air then goes through a window, and gives a little bit of fresh air.

Rancher Risks: Cloudy Slimes have a huge risk, that some people would consider, "sad". Cloudy slimes have the ability to fly through the corral walls. They cannot be out of the Melancholy Meadows, or their corral, or else... Actually, I'll spare you the details.
SlimeyAidan0917
Chickadoo

Re: The Melancholy Meadows. :3

Postby MisfortuneRising » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:24 pm

Nice ideas! A little depressing to read at first, but they are some good ideas! :D
MisfortuneRising
Rancher

Postby SlimeyAidan0917 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:29 pm

MisfortuneRising wrote:Nice ideas! A little depressing to read at first, but they are some good ideas! :D

Thanks Yous! (sorry if I write like that..)

Welp, every game needs a sad twist.. WHAT IF SOMETHING IN THE STORY INVOLVES THE MEADOWS?!?!?!?!?!?! Also, I love to read your designs, im pretty much inspired by you.
SlimeyAidan0917
Chickadoo

Postby MisfortuneRising » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:34 pm

SlimeyAidan0917 wrote:
MisfortuneRising wrote:Nice ideas! A little depressing to read at first, but they are some good ideas! :D

Welp, every game needs a sad twist.. WHAT IF SOMETHING IN THE STORY INVOLVES THE MEADOWS?!?!?!?!?!?! Also, I love to read your designs, im pretty much inspired by you.

That's very flattering! Thank you so much! :D
MisfortuneRising
Rancher

Postby SlimeyAidan0917 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:39 pm

MisfortuneRising wrote:
SlimeyAidan0917 wrote:

Yours welcomes!
Oh, and if your wondering why I talk like that. I just started talking like that and real lifes, and now i types like it sometimes.
SlimeyAidan0917
Chickadoo

Postby SlimeyAidan0917 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:49 pm

SlimeyAidan0917 wrote:
MisfortuneRising wrote:
SlimeyAidan0917 wrote:

Yours welcomes!
Oh, and if your wondering why I talk like that. I just started talking like that and real lifes, and now i types like it sometimes.

Also, I need some ideas because I cant thinks. My friend wants me to do a battery slime. I need ideas.. Just wondering if you have any, and also, sorry if I sound rude.
SlimeyAidan0917
Chickadoo

Postby Relentless » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:39 pm

SlimeyAidan0917 wrote:
SlimeyAidan0917 wrote:
MisfortuneRising wrote:
SlimeyAidan0917 wrote:

Yours welcomes!

Also, I need some ideas because I cant thinks. My friend wants me to do a battery slime. I need ideas.. Just wondering if you have any, and also, sorry if I sound rude.

The Techno Slime is charging in to help you!
Refer to my post, "Slime Idea #2," to get some shocking results!
(Please forgive me.)
The world's first unlicensed Slime Rancher community ideas writer. I display this title proudly - in front of my slimes.
Xbox One Gamertag: Omega1849

Look! An invite to the Slime Rancher Discord: https://discord.gg/bA3vArm
Relentless
Rancher

Postby EmeraldPlay » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:40 am

I don't think something like this would be fitting in the game.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby Crafter1300 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:27 am

I feel so bad 4 du tear drop slimes
Crafter Out (This was written 4 years ago but I'll keep it)
Crafter1300
Rancher

Postby MisfortuneRising » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:06 pm

Good ideas, like I said before. Just a couple things.

For starters, if the Teardrop Slimes spend all their time in the Purple Ponds of the Melancholy Meadows, wouldn't having them in a purple pond upgrade on the ranch just make them sadder by reminding them where they spent most of their existence?

Also, you say that the Gushing Gourd explodes and sends all the pieces of the fruit at the Teardrop Slime's body. Whether it's a tiny explosion or the Teardrop Slime has some sort of magnetic field or its own orbit, I would think that the explosion of a Gushing Gourd would send pieces of it flying all over the ranch and lead to unintended largos and Tarr.

That's all I'm gonna say. Again, really epic ideas! Needs a touch of work, but really good ideas otherwise! :D
MisfortuneRising
Rancher

Postby Randomtangle » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:35 am

Can we tone down the sadness?
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!

Are you still here?
This is tiny.
Randomtangle
Treefox

Postby Randomtangle » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:35 am

Good Idea though!
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!

Are you still here?
This is tiny.
Randomtangle
Treefox

Postby SlimeyAidan0917 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:45 am

MisfortuneRising wrote:Good ideas, like I said before. Just a couple things.

For starters, if the Teardrop Slimes spend all their time in the Purple Ponds of the Melancholy Meadows, wouldn't having them in a purple pond upgrade on the ranch just make them sadder by reminding them where they spent most of their existence?

Also, you say that the Gushing Gourd explodes and sends all the pieces of the fruit at the Teardrop Slime's body. Whether it's a tiny explosion or the Teardrop Slime has some sort of magnetic field or its own orbit, I would think that the explosion of a Gushing Gourd would send pieces of it flying all over the ranch and lead to unintended largos and Tarr.

That's all I'm gonna say. Again, really epic ideas! Needs a touch of work, but really good ideas otherwise! :D

Well, for the purple pond, the teardrop slimes still aren't sad because if you put them near other slimes, they know that they arent alone! Also, you could just put them with puddle slimes.

About the gushing gourd, it wouldn't cause tarr because nobody else likes it. Only teardrop slimes like it.
SlimeyAidan0917
Chickadoo

Postby Randomtangle » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:12 pm

That's good.
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!