Surprise Surprise! :D

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Surprise Surprise! :D

Postby MisfortuneRising » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:57 pm

The Darkmatter Mines: A sister location of the Indigo Quarry and located extremely deep below the Slime Sea, these mines are more complex and dangerous than any normal mineshaft on Earth. And just like the Indigo Quarry, this mining project was also a major bust. Figures...

Darkmatter Slime: It’s best not to get on this slime’s bad side…

Slimeology: The Darkmatter slimes are the main inhabitants of the mines. These slimes are unstable most of the time and will cause a ground shaking energy ripple when agitated. The darkmatter slimes are also quite sensitive and will break into a crying fit when their food is taken by another slime, rotted by the tarr, or vacced up by a rancher.

Plortonomics: Darkmatter plorts are used to study the ways of dark magic. Sorcerers use them to create powerful spells, and magicians use them to really up their performance in the show business.

On The Ranch: Darkmatter slimes send out their ultrasonic energy ripples when not cared for properly. The new Ripple Absorption Box upgrade is now available to calm the darkmatter slimes down, since the music box upgrade has no effect on them.

Void Hens: Space chickens...wow...just wow…

Food Type: Meat

Favored By: Darkmatter Slime

About: Void hens are a hyper evolved species of hen that have traveled all the way across the galaxy and by random chance wound up here. Nobody knows why and that’s the way we’re going to keep it. These hens have a wild temper and will attack a rancher on sight. But you can calm them down by splashing them with fresh water.

On The Ranch: Void hens in close proximity to roostros will periodically lay eggs that produce stony chickadoos. However, keeping too many hens or roostros in close proximity makes them anxious and egg production will come to a halt. Savvy ranchers with an understanding of the complex nature of chicken romance always keep their coops from exceeding 12 grown chickens.

Silver Slime: A slime that has a rather unique sparkle to it.

Slimeology: The Silver Slime is a brother to the Gold Slime and a less common slime to inhabit the Darkmatter Mines. This shiny and smooth slime is the only slime that the Platinum Slime will interact with, so it's best to create Silver Platinum Largos to avoid any trouble with the Platinum Slimes.

Plortonomics: Silver plorts are used for making extra strong building materials when constructing large buildings. This silver never rusts and is impervious to any form of damage. It’s a wonder what the heck is in the silver that makes it so strong.

Rancher Risks: The Silver Slime can cause drowsiness and temporary nausea if a rancher stands near them for too long. When ranching Silver Slimes, it's best to make sure that you have a plort collector on their corral to avoid these harmful effects.

Titanium Roostro: A bird that really has the edge over its sibling roostros.

Favored By: Silver Slime

About: Titanium Roostros are very bossy and don’t take orders from other roostros. They will do anything they can to get the other hens to follow their orders and do as they wish. Veteran ranchers will know that it isn’t wise to put multiple kinds of roostros in a single coop. Unless watching roostros brawl is a form of entertainment for you.

On The Ranch: Stony hens in close proximity to roostros will periodically lay eggs that produce stony chickadoos. However, keeping too many hens or roostros in close proximity makes them anxious and egg production will come to a halt. Savvy ranchers with an understanding of the complex nature of chicken romance always keep their coops from exceeding 12 grown chickens.

Ruby Slime: Rubies are red, slimes are...wait…

Slimeology: The Ruby Slime is an ancient species of slime that was said to exist in the Glass Desert and at one point the Ancient Ruins ages ago. They were then rediscovered in the Darkmatter Mines by none other than Hobson Twillgers! This slime is a cousin of the Gold Slime and the Lucky Slime, and it's also the little brother of the Diamond Slime. These slimes roam the Darkmatter Mines only at night. So keep your eyes peeled!

Plortonomics: Ruby Plorts are triple the value of normal rubies back on Earth. Anytime a shipment of these precious plorts are brought into a jewelry store, the rich and famous are there in a flash to splurge on as many of them as possible. No wonder these people are so snobby.

Rancher Risks: Ruby Slimes pose a high threat to a rancher. When agitated, these slimes spit a barrage of fireballs that will send other slimes running with the same look on their faces when they see a tarr slime. Ruby slimes are not shy however, and they like having fun with any other type of slime, including the Ghost Slime. Ruby Slimes only get agitated from Tangle Slime pollen and not being fed regularly.

Quartz Hen: A hen whose eggs are far more than nutritious.

Favored By: Ruby Slime

About: Quartz Hens are said to be the result of a normal Hen Hen staying within the depths of the Indigo Quarry for hundreds of years, giving them a shiny look and a taste that the Ruby Slimes go crazy for. These hens reproduce in a coop faster than any other hen, so you've got nothing to worry about just as long as you don’t exceed 12 hens. Wouldn’t want to have a shortage on those hardy eggs.

On The Ranch: All hens in close proximity to roostros will periodically lay eggs that produce chickadoos. However, keeping too many hens or roostros in close proximity makes them anxious and egg production will come to a halt. Savvy ranchers with an understanding of the complex nature of chicken romance always keep their coops from exceeding 12 grown chickens.

Sapphire Slime: These slimes know all there is to know about the Far, Far Range. But they won’t say a word.

Slimeology: Sapphire slimes are the smartest and wisest of all slimes on the range. They are the closest siblings to ruby slimes, and they're just as ancient as ruby slimes. They only eat their favorite food, and a largo involving a sapphire slime won’t eat another slime’s plort. If they sense any form of danger to them or other slimes, they send out an ear piercing sound wave that only feral slimes and tarr can hear. This sound wave will instantly destroy any tarr in the area and will revert feral slimes back to their normal selves. Slime scientists are studying this unusual behavior but nothing is known.

Plortonomics: Sapphire plorts are said to make anyone who takes a shot of the serum extracted from them will instantly become super smart. However this serum usually results in a massive headache when the effect wears off after about a week or two.

On The Ranch: Sapphire slimes when agitated will let out a deafening shriek that will instantly cause all largos to turn feral. Other than that, they happily hop about in their corral while at the same time remain very cautious as to what’s happening around them. They’re only a problem when they aren’t fed regularly and get into a sneezing fir from tangle slime pollen, just like most other slimes.

Sensei Roostro: The roostro of roostros. They don’t take shenanigans from anyone or anything.

About: The sensei roostro is the bravest and most intelligent bird you will ever come across. It takes its job as a sire VERY seriously, and gets real furious when they’re interrupted. These roostros require a specific location to start their jobs as sires. Ranchers have to build a coop in the Overgrowth for these pesky birds to have the rights resources that they need.

On The Ranch: All hens in close proximity to roostros will periodically lay eggs that produce chickadoos. However, keeping too many hens or roostros in close proximity makes them anxious and egg production will come to a halt. Savvy ranchers with an understanding of the complex nature of chicken romance always keep their coops from exceeding 12 grown chickens.

New Resource: Warp Crystal: Warp crystals are a rare resource that are only found in the Darkmatter Mines by using a drill. These crystals are incredibly unstable and one false move could wind up having these crystals create a super sonic sound wave that will destroy all terrain in fifty foot radius.

New Resource: Mineral Water: Mineral water is a common resource exclusive to the Darkmatter Mines. This water is the purest water you will ever see. However, it’s not fit for drinking considering it contains essence of indigonium and strange diamonds. Not even boiling this water will make it safe for consumption.

New Resource: Cosmic Wax: Cosmic wax is a less common resource located in the Darkmatter Mines using an apiary. This wax is said to have phenomenal and extremely dangerous properties to it. Slime scientists keep this wax in special containment units that prevent it from acting up and causing any form of damage.

You already know mah bois. ;)
Last edited by MisfortuneRising on Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
MisfortuneRising
Rancher

Re: Surprise Surprise! :D

Postby Relentless » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:08 pm

None of this is complete without me chiming in!

New Slime Science Gadget: Tarr Purifier
Many ranchers have pondered about what the Tarr have actually been. That question has been answered due to the invention of this machine.
In order to purify Tarr Slimes, you will need to build the Tarr Purifier, which works in the same way as an Incinerator. Simply deposit any Tarr Slime into the pipes, and, after 30 seconds...
Voila! A new slime is born! This machine also purifies Tarr into a different kind of slime, so expect lots of Pink Slimes, and don't expect lots of Gold Slimes. However, rarely, it may spawn a Gordo in place of the Tarr Purifier, ultimately destroying it. No one knows why...
You are able to purify more than one Tarr at a time, however this will result in longer wait times, up to a maximum of 5 per cycle, for 2 minutes and 30 seconds. Upgrades will extend the carrying capacity.
Last edited by Relentless on Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The world's first unlicensed Slime Rancher community ideas writer. I display this title proudly - in front of my slimes.
Xbox One Gamertag: Omega1849

Look! An invite to the Slime Rancher Discord: https://discord.gg/bA3vArm
Relentless
Rancher

Postby MisfortuneRising » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:10 pm

Relentless wrote:None of this is complete without me chiming in!

Many ranchers have pondered about what the Tarr have actually been. That question has been answered due to the invention of this machine.
In order to purify Tarr Slimes, you will need to build the Tarr Purifier, which works in the same way as an Incinerator. Simply deposit any Tarr Slime into the pipes, and, after 2 minutes...
Voila! A new slime is born! This machine also purifies Tarr into a different kind of slime, so expect lots of Pink Slimes, and don't expect lots of Gold Slimes. However, rarely, it may spawn a Gordo in place of the Tarr Purifier, ultimately destroying it. No one knows why...

lmfao. I consider it complete but whatever. :D

Nice idea! But I think the waiting time for a tarr to get fully purified should be cut down to like 40 seconds or 60 seconds. I don't think anyone would wanna wait 2 minutes to purify just one tarr. Maybe make the wait time longer by allowing them to put in multiple tarr and then getting multiple slimes?
MisfortuneRising
Rancher

Postby Relentless » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:33 pm

MisfortuneRising wrote:

In order to purify Tarr Slimes, you will need to build the Tarr Purifier, which works in the same way as an Incinerator. Simply deposit any Tarr Slime into the pipes, and, after 2 minutes...

Nice idea! But I think the waiting time for a tarr to get fully purified should be cut down to like 40 seconds or 60 seconds. I don't think anyone would wanna wait 2 minutes to purify just one tarr. Maybe make the wait time longer by allowing them to put in multiple tarr and then getting multiple slimes?

You know, we should start presenting our slime concept arts so that readers don't have to imagine.
The world's first unlicensed Slime Rancher community ideas writer. I display this title proudly - in front of my slimes.
Xbox One Gamertag: Omega1849

Look! An invite to the Slime Rancher Discord: https://discord.gg/bA3vArm
Relentless
Rancher

Postby MisfortuneRising » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:17 pm

Relentless wrote:
MisfortuneRising wrote:

You know, we should start presenting our slime concept arts so that readers don't have to imagine.

Sounds great! :D
MisfortuneRising
Rancher

Postby EmeraldPlay » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:48 am

Nice ideas, but Sapphire and Ruby Slimes should be made more risky, since just having a slime that does nothing bad and prints money isn't good.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby MisfortuneRising » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:26 am

EmeraldPlay wrote:Nice ideas, but Sapphire and Ruby Slimes should be made more risky, since just having a slime that does nothing bad and prints money isn't good.

I just finished making some edits to the Ruby and Sapphire Slime's entries! Hope it works! :D
MisfortuneRising
Rancher

Postby MisfortuneRising » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:20 pm

I know it says stony chickadoos in the "On The Ranch" portion of the chickens' entries. Ignore that. :P
MisfortuneRising
Rancher

Postby Untittled » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:01 pm

Untittled
Plort

Postby MisfortuneRising » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:07 am

Untittled wrote:https://untittledartistda.deviantart.com/art/Dark-Matter-Slime-706093135?ga_submit_new=10%3A1506236443 I drew the dark matter slime :D

That's a really good drawing! Nice job! :D
MisfortuneRising
Rancher

Postby Untittled » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:39 pm

MisfortuneRising wrote:
Untittled wrote:https://untittledartistda.deviantart.com/art/Dark-Matter-Slime-706093135?ga_submit_new=10%3A1506236443 I drew the dark matter slime :D

Untittled
Plort

Postby SlimeyAidan0917 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:13 pm

So I was skimming this, and I saw the word "sapphire". So I went to it and... WOAHHHHHH!!!!!!! My birthstone is the smartest slime of them all. :3 I feel so proud. Also, new coral upgrade!

Supersonic Sapphire Wall: This upgrade is very very very helpful for sapphire slimes. This wall contains special crystal's from the Darkmatter Mines. You can use this upgrade to block the supersonic screeches from your sapphire slimes. Now all the slimes will be happy! Yay!
SlimeyAidan0917
Chickadoo

Postby MisfortuneRising » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:39 pm

SlimeyAidan0917 wrote:So I was skimming this, and I saw the word "sapphire". So I went to it and... WOAHHHHHH!!!!!!! My birthstone is the smartest slime of them all. :3 I feel so proud. Also, new coral upgrade!

Supersonic Sapphire Wall: This upgrade is very very very helpful for sapphire slimes. This wall contains special crystal's from the Darkmatter Mines. You can use this upgrade to block the supersonic screeches from your sapphire slimes. Now all the slimes will be happy! Yay!

Nice idea! :D
MisfortuneRising
Rancher

Postby MisfortuneRising » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:40 pm

Untittled wrote:
MisfortuneRising wrote:

No problem! :D
MisfortuneRising
Rancher

Postby Untittled » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:41 pm

MisfortuneRising wrote:
Untittled wrote:
MisfortuneRising wrote:

quote-ception
Untittled
Plort

Postby Plantixx » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:03 am

That's an amazing idea!!! I love the darkmatter slimes and your other ideas! They are awesome!!!!
(you can check my idea if u want to)
Sincerely
- Plantixx
Plantixx
Rancher

Postby MisfortuneRising » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:25 pm

Untittled wrote:
MisfortuneRising wrote:
Untittled wrote:
MisfortuneRising wrote:

quote-ception

lol xD
MisfortuneRising
Rancher

Postby MisfortuneRising » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:25 pm

Plantixx wrote:That's an amazing idea!!! I love the darkmatter slimes and your other ideas! They are awesome!!!!
(you can check my idea if u want to)

Thank you! I did see your ideas and they are great! :D
MisfortuneRising
Rancher

Postby SlimeyAidan0917 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:28 pm

MisfortuneRising wrote:
SlimeyAidan0917 wrote:So I was skimming this, and I saw the word "sapphire". So I went to it and... WOAHHHHHH!!!!!!! My birthstone is the smartest slime of them all. :3 I feel so proud. Also, new coral upgrade!

Thanks!
Also, im pretty new to the forums.. so would you mind giving me some feedback. I just finished what I like to call, "The Melancholy Meadows." Just want some feedback so I can make my designs better.
SlimeyAidan0917
Chickadoo

Postby MisfortuneRising » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:34 pm

SlimeyAidan0917 wrote:
MisfortuneRising wrote:

Thanks!
Also, im pretty new to the forums.. so would you mind giving me some feedback. I just finished what I like to call, "The Melancholy Meadows." Just want some feedback so I can make my designs better.

I did check that out and I really liked it! I will be sure to give you some feedback! Happy to help, and welcome to the forums! :D
MisfortuneRising
Rancher

Return to Slime Design