Slime Idea #2

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Slime Idea #2

Postby Relentless » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:34 am

Techno Slime

Failing to take care of this slime results in a shocking disaster.

Diet: Voltage

Favorite: None

Slimeology:
Techno Slimes are as strange on the inside as they are outside. The slime scientist Viktor Humphries accidentally created an abiotic organism of wired mesh when he was trying to make the forgotten plort duplicator. Not much is known about this elusive slime, other than the fact that they roam the Ancient Ruins at night, near some of the ruins' door switches.

Despite appearing to be robotic, ranchers have found no mechanisms telling the slime's components to act out an activity, other than a small ping-pong table inside of Cell #38864. Ranchers also noticed that corrals won't do the trick; you needed to build an electrocution table with a power box upgrade.
And don't even think about stepping towards an electrocution table; no one will know watt happened.

Rancher Risks:
Techno Slimes can erase a rancher's progress of ranching clean if not taken care of. Their plorts have the ability to glow in the dark, which other slimes see as, well, a pretty light. And if a slime eats a Techno Plort, they will become malfunctioned, which is the same process as becoming feral, but will "glitch" out of their corrals and electrocute any bodies of water, which temporarily makes the Tarr able to survive in water.

The best way to ensure maximum safety is to keep Techno Slimes well fed at all times. No rancher has ever survived to tell the tale of how they lost their ohm.

Plortonomics:
Techno Plorts, interestingly enough, are used to provide 1,720 gigawatts of electricity, which is enough to power a light bulb for 20.7 years! Because of this, Techno Plorts are in constant demand every single day, and are the only plorts that, when not sold, their value decreases. Pretty shocking, right?
The world's first unlicensed Slime Rancher community ideas writer. I display this title proudly - in front of my slimes.
Xbox One Gamertag: Omega1849

Look! An invite to the Slime Rancher Discord: https://discord.gg/bA3vArm
Relentless
Rancher

Re: Slime Idea #2

Postby Crafter1300 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:19 am

LOVE the idea but I don't think they should be able to remove your progress
cause what if you go to the Glass Dessert then when you come back BOOM, all the progress you made GONE.
Crafter Out (This was written 4 years ago but I'll keep it)
Crafter1300
Rancher

Postby EmeraldPlay » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:52 am

Them being able to remove your progress is pretty harsh, isn't it?
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby MisfortuneRising » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:52 pm

Neat idea! :D
MisfortuneRising
Rancher

Postby Relentless » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:10 pm

Relentless wrote:Techno Slime

Failing to take care of this slime results in a shocking disaster.

Diet: Voltage

Favorite: None

Slimeology:
Techno Slimes are as strange on the inside as they are outside. The slime scientist Viktor Humphries accidentally created an abiotic organism of wired mesh when he was trying to make the forgotten plort duplicator. Not much is known about this elusive slime, other than the fact that they roam the Ancient Ruins at night, near some of the ruins' door switches.

Despite appearing to be robotic, ranchers have found no mechanisms telling the slime's components to act out an activity, other than a small ping-pong table inside of Cell #38864. Ranchers also noticed that corrals won't do the trick; you needed to build an electrocution table with a power box upgrade.
And don't even think about stepping towards an electrocution table; no one will know watt happened.

Rancher Risks:
Techno Slimes can erase a rancher's progress of ranching clean if not taken care of. Their plorts have the ability to glow in the dark, which other slimes see as, well, a pretty light. And if a slime eats a Techno Plort, they will become malfunctioned, which is the same process as becoming feral, but will "glitch" out of their corrals and electrocute any bodies of water, which temporarily makes the Tarr able to survive in water.

The best way to ensure maximum safety is to keep Techno Slimes well fed at all times. No rancher has ever survived to tell the tale of how they lost their ohm.

Plortonomics:
Techno Plorts, interestingly enough, are used to provide 1,720 gigawatts of electricity, which is enough to power a light bulb for 20.7 years! Because of this, Techno Plorts are in constant demand every single day, and are the only plorts that, when not sold, their value decreases. Pretty shocking, right?

EDIT: Techno Slimes, due to some faulty wiring in their systems, have forgotten how to erase a rancher's progress clean, and Techno Plorts are rarely eaten, due to all the disasters buzzing around. I apologize for the current situation.
The world's first unlicensed Slime Rancher community ideas writer. I display this title proudly - in front of my slimes.
Xbox One Gamertag: Omega1849

Look! An invite to the Slime Rancher Discord: https://discord.gg/bA3vArm
Relentless
Rancher

Return to Slime Design