Slime Idea: Garden Slime

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Slime Idea: Garden Slime

Postby Relentless » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:20 pm

The Garden Slime is encountered in the Moss Blanket, after your 50th Apiary has been through all of its cycles. It appears to be a slime with 3 roses on its head and is a pine green color. Like the Gold Slime, a tune can be heard if a Garden Slime is encountered. However, unlike the Gold Slime, you may capture it.

The Garden Slime's favorite food is the Ivy Onion, a veggie that is sometimes harvested from an Oca Oca crop. Its distinct vine whip on the top of its head makes it stand out from the rest.

This slime can either be put into corrals or put near a garden. If put near a garden, you will receive notifications on your harvests. For example, if a garden's crops are all fully grown, a message pops up, reading:

Hurry up before we rot!

Some things to note when ranching the Garden Slime:
-Garden Slimes do not appreciate other slimes in their corral, other than their own. If they are exposed to a slime that is unlike their own, they will use a vine to grab the slime and throw it into another corral. This is important, because stray plorts could be in spare corrals, and if the slime is a largo, be prepared...

-Their favorite toys are... crates? That's right. Garden Slimes are fascinated by the precise manufacturing of wooden objects, despite the species being related to plants. The next time you encounter a crate, think about your actions: Should you break it or take it?

-No cuddle zone. Ranchers have reported that standing inside a Garden Slime's corral for more than 1 minute can lead to harmful effects, such as other slimes not accepting the food you're giving them (even if they're hungry), increased Tarr encounter expectations, and even death.

The diet of a Garden Slime isn't much. They only eat Crate Splinters (an uncommon drop from crates), Ivy Onions, Carrots, and Silver Parsnips. Plus, the only way to feed a Garden Slime is to position the meal near a Plort Collector. Scientists don't know why, but it's their "diet plan."

Now, the moment you've been waiting for: The Plorts. Garden Plorts are, well, plorts, with a few natural features on the top of the plort. The value of Garden Plorts can range from 40 to 164 Newbucks. Something important to note is that Garden Plorts, when consumed, instantly transform the consumer into a Tarr Slime, even if they're not a largo.

Overall, this elusive creature is both worth it, due to the great benefits that come with it, and risky, due to the "many" consequences that arrive if not properly cared for. That, or us ranchers don't have enough gardens.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my Slime Idea. Let me know on how you feel about it. Who knows? It might even be added.

I'll see you former ranchers later!
The world's first unlicensed Slime Rancher community ideas writer. I display this title proudly - in front of my slimes.
Xbox One Gamertag: Omega1849

Look! An invite to the Slime Rancher Discord: https://discord.gg/bA3vArm
Relentless
Rancher

Re: Slime Idea: Garden Slime

Postby Crafter1300 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:11 am

Epic idea REALY HOPE it gets added
Crafter Out (This was written 4 years ago but I'll keep it)
Crafter1300
Rancher

Postby EmeraldPlay » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:50 am

Nice idea, but I wouldn't count on it being added at all. This almost never happens.
Welcome to the forums!
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby MisfortuneRising » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:47 pm

Really good ideas man! :D

I'm currently working on more ideas of my own! So keep your eyes peeled for those!
:D
MisfortuneRising
Rancher

Postby Relentless » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:21 pm

MisfortuneRising wrote:Really good ideas man! :D

I'm currently working on more ideas of my own! So keep your eyes peeled for those!
:D

I'll try my best, unlicensed Slime Rancher community ideas writer #2.
See below for that origin.
The world's first unlicensed Slime Rancher community ideas writer. I display this title proudly - in front of my slimes.
Xbox One Gamertag: Omega1849

Look! An invite to the Slime Rancher Discord: https://discord.gg/bA3vArm
Relentless
Rancher

Return to Slime Design