JRH99's Slimes/Mechanics and others suggestions

Share your original Slimepedia entries

JRH99's Slimes/Mechanics and others suggestions

Postby JRH99 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:31 am

*My english still sucks, sorry XD*
After nearly 2 years out of the forums, i am back :D. Now finnaly playing the release version and seeing one more example that Early access can produce awesome games.
The original thread: viewtopic.php?t=293
In this thread i will (with the help of anyone who like my ideas) try to refine mechanics and slime concepts, with the objective to serve as an inspiration to the devs (if they read/accep community suggestions) and maybe in the future to possible modders.
Some statements:
-I didn't read any new suggestions while i was out, sorry if i make one suggestion that already has been made, and/or it's a popular one.
-About slime designs: Originally the game was more focused (or totally) on the slimes, now we have more aspects, and my suggestions will be around these 'categories':
>The exploration of the Far, far range: With lot's of things to find (messages, treasure pods, gordos, resources) exploration was never so encouraged as before.
>Slime Science: this gave more uses to the plorts, created a new set of resources and introduced a lot of new mechanics and Quality of Life changes.
>Focus on the player (Beatrix :3) and player made customization: Now she has some backstory, appearance, personality traits (intended by the letters), now the player can customize some stuff (put mustaches on the slimes YAY!).
>New QoL changes to slime ranching: Programmable timer for auto-feeder is an example, in the future there will be drones *-*
>And finally, the slimes: It seems to me that their design is focused on: An income, an risk, coherence with the world around you, cuteness, new mechanic for each species, balance.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now to the suggestions:
>Slime science:
-Add a tabs to the refinery, one for the plorts and one for the materials, that would make much more easy to read how much stuff you have.

>Slimes (bringing on some old suggestions back to life):
Parasite Slime:
Appearance:
-A small cute white slime. When attached to a host she acquires the host color. She looks like a bump on other slimes.
-As a symbiotic parasite it needs a host, she attaches to other slimes (never to largos), the host cant became a largo (the host lose the interest for other plorts).
Income:
-The host slime provides +1 plort (if it eats te favorite food, 2 for the host and one for the parasite slime, if it eats any other food 1 for the host and the parasite slime).
Risk (disadvantages):
The host cant became a largo, cant be vacuuned (is this the right term??), the parasite slime can be removed with a splash of water, but if she don't find a host she dissapears.
Balance:
Well, you can imagine the scenery where a player fills a corral with parasite slimes and very valuable hosts, maybe limiting the number of parasites on one area would balance it? (like puddle slimes).
Art:
This artwork was created by the user Wonda, it is a great art *-*
https://imgur.com/wNUq7mO
Last edited by JRH99 on Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Sorry bad english* XD
My suggestions thread!
http://forums.monomipark.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5226&p=38041#p38041
JRH99
Chickadoo

Re: JRH99's Slimes/Mechanics and others suggestions

Postby EmeraldPlay » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:52 pm

Welcome back!
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby JasontheBasin » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:01 pm

can u English instead of engrish
Im good friends with emeraldplay, who's a Slime rancher modding god.

HAIL HIM.
JasontheBasin
Keeper

Postby Crafter1300 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:39 pm

WELCOME BACK TO THE FORUMS
P.S. Nice idea.
Crafter Out (This was written 4 years ago but I'll keep it)
Crafter1300
Rancher

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:29 am

Welcome.

I was about to complain about the lack of paragraphs but nvm
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Return to Slime Design