A few ideas i had

Share your original Slimepedia entries

A few ideas i had

Postby elementallife » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:17 pm

First of all, I have to say your game is great and very fun. Now for my ideas, I personally think that slimes should only appear in one area and that there should be at least 4 slimes in each area. the dry reef: pink slime, tabby, ?, ? moss blanket: honey, phosphor, boom, hunter indigo quarry: rad, rock, crystal, gas slime(my idea) ancient ruins: quantum, mosaic, philosophers/explorer slime(my idea), confused/lost slime(my idea) glass desert: glass slime(my idea), tangle, dervish, fire.

I was also thinking that instead of a slime key to open gates, you use a plort made by fusing 10 plorts from each kind of slime in that area. Mabey the gates that don't lead to another area only use 2 kinds of plorts. I also think that the slime keys should be used to open the portal between the desert and the ruins.

thx for reading.
elementallife
Plort

Re: A few ideas i had

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:42 pm

elementallife wrote:First of all, I have to say your game is great and very fun. Now for my ideas,

Here we go..
I personally think that slimes should only appear in one area and that there should be at least 4 slimes in each area. the dry reef: pink slime, tabby, ?, ? moss blanket: honey, phosphor, boom, hunter indigo quarry: rad, rock, crystal, gas slime(my idea) ancient ruins: quantum, mosaic, philosophers/explorer slime(my idea), confused/lost slime(my idea) glass desert: glass slime(my idea), tangle, dervish, fire.

You do realize how boring that would be, right? Once you had found the pattern, nothing would be worth it.
The dry reef is meant to give a couple slimes so that you can get started. 3 everyday, rather generic slimes are perfect for this.
The indigo quarry is meant to be the home of rad slimes ALONGSIDE other rock-based slimes. This shows the uniqueness of the rad slimes, while still showing their relationship with other slimes. It is meant to be one of if not the first areas you unlock.
The moss blanket is meant to be a jungle, with many different slimes available - just like real life jungles. It is designed to be the second/first area unlocked: its resident slimes are harder to keep than dry reef and indigo quarry slimes, but still workable.
The ruins are, unlike the last few areas, meant ONLY as a plot device to bring you to the glass desert. The quantum slime is there to have something in the ruins, and should be the ONLY unique ruins slime for this reason.
The glass desert, being an endgame location, has the hardest of all slimes. Without a good amount of unique slimes, this area is a mere hindrance to the player's attempts to finish the game. This is why it has so many unique slimes, items, and achievements; it is THE END and should suitably be distracting to the player in a way.

I was also thinking that instead of a slime key to open gates, you use a plort made by fusing 10 plorts from each kind of slime in that area. Mabey the gates that don't lead to another area only use 2 kinds of plorts.

Why though? That would simply make the game unplayable as slimes only start spawning when entering a zone. The 2-kinds-of-plorts is less terrible, but still useless and unimaginative.

I also think that the slime keys should be used to open the portal between the desert and the ruins.

WHAT.

I must be reading wrong.
I also think that the slime keys should be used to open the portal between the desert and the ruins.

Nope. Nope nope nopenope nope.

The LITERAL ENTRANCE TO THE END OF THE GAME MADE WITH THE SAME IDEA AS ALL THE OTHER DOORS??!!
I'm gonna have to imagine that never was thought up of.

thx for reading.

Thank you for allowing me to vent my rage.
Sorry if I was a little (incredibly) harsh. I just really dislike hate your ideas.
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby Crafter1300 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:01 am

Seems to be an okay idea :| . Sorry but I do not fink it will get added.
Last edited by Crafter1300 on Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crafter Out (This was written 4 years ago but I'll keep it)
Crafter1300
Rancher

Postby CrookHookGames » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:16 pm

I don't like to discourage you but maybe it could use work. Lots of work.
For every pioneer on every new frontier:
Be brave.
Be bold.
And stay wiggly
CrookHookGames
Rancher

Return to Slime Design