Just ideas off the top of my head.

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Just ideas off the top of my head.

Postby TheLevens » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:35 pm

After "completing" all there was until the next update. Here are some ideas I have for future content.

-vacs for gardens
-super foods(combine your favorite fruits and/or vegetables to make a two in one food for slimes)
-food vac for corals that have uneaten food because the slow setting gives my five largo slimes don't eat that much...:/
-vacs for incinerator and ponds(gadget for the lake at the docks)
-faster way to transfer 100 plorts out of corals and transfer them to the market or research storage.
-auto sell feature to vac in corals.
-more kinds of meat besides chickens(fish, pigs, cows, bugs, tofu, a
-new area that has a fire pit for fire slimes( like the docks for puddle slimes)
This new "fire pit" area could look like a camp ground with a fire pit in the middle.
-Slime ideas:
-mini slimes
-Other mineral slimes(diamond, emerald, etc..)
candy slimes( chocolate, caramel, marshmallows, mints, etc..)
Outerspace theme slimes( moon rock, meteor, stars, etc)
Underwater theme area.
More flying slimes
Dinosaur slimes(prehistoric slimes)
Food slimes
Scary slimes(ghost,zombie, skeleton, vampire, etc..)
Seasonal slimes(slimes only show up in the respectful season in real time. Snowball slimes, pumpkin slimes, turkey slimes, heart slimes, firework slimes, etc..)
Promo slimes(can only get once, produces rare plorts that can't be found anywhere else.)

-multiplayer ideaa:
slime battles("Pokémon" style)
Scavenger hunts
Best looking ranch awards(leaderboards) (people can enter your world in "observer mode" where you can only look.
Slime sports
Tic tac toe with slimes
Connect 4 with slimes
Slime chess
Garden rancher mode(can only vac food, only way to get plorts is to feed them in the wild)
Slime theme park area.(carnival games with slimes, slime rides, haunted slime house.
Xbox1: The Levens
Watch me on Mixer if I’m on.
Day 300+
Z:28
+2,300,000U in the Bank
TheLevens
Rancher

Re: Just ideas off the top of my head.

Postby Jesse4060 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:38 am

I can see a Prehistoric Slime being the OG slime design.

Just a green blob with no eyes nor a mouth.
It's ability could probably be being able to have multiple non-edible items stuck in it's gelatinous body, which would increase it's size slightly, maybe having a max to hold five items.
Jesse4060
Chickadoo

Postby Crafter1300 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:48 am

The ideas you had where EPIC, I hope it gets added
Crafter Out (This was written 4 years ago but I'll keep it)
Crafter1300
Rancher

Postby EmeraldPlay » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:51 am

Most of your ideas aren't going to happen, especially the vac ones.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby TheLevens » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:52 pm

TheLevens wrote:After "completing" all there was until the next update. Here are some ideas I have for future content.

-vacs for gardens
-super foods(combine your favorite fruits and/or vegetables to make a two in one food for slimes)
-food vac for corals that have uneaten food because the slow setting gives my five largo slimes don't eat that much...:/
-faster way to transfer 100 plorts out of corals and transfer them to the market or research storage.
-new area that has a fire pit for fire slimes( like the docks for puddle slimes)
This new "fire pit" area could look like a camp ground with a fire pit in the middle.
-Slime ideas:
-mini slimes
Underwater theme area.
More flying slimes
Food slimes
Seasonal slimes(slimes only show up in the respectful season in real time. Snowball slimes, pumpkin slimes, turkey slimes, heart slimes, firework slimes, etc..)
Promo slimes(can only get once, produces rare plorts that can't be found anywhere else.)

-multiplayer ideaa:
Scavenger hunts
Best looking ranch awards(leaderboards) (people can enter your world in "observer mode" where you can only look.
Slime sports
Tic tac toe with slimes
Connect 4 with slimes
Slime chess
Garden rancher mode(can only vac food, only way to get plorts is to feed them in the wild)
Slime theme park area.(carnival games with slimes, slime rides, haunted slime house.

On top of this. The game needs replay ability, so maybe adding gear with drop rates and collectible farmable stuff that's hard to get would keep people going. But this game does hit a wall when you complete the club rewards and you have access to all plorts and cash plorts on your farm with teleports to your gadgets farming mats.

At this point all I can do is make more money, collect plorts till my science vat maxes at 999, and make like one of each of the gadgets and decorations available. My farm is very self sufficient.

I did do the 5 day challenge and got 25k my first go around, but I also unlocked the glass desert for fun within five days while making 25k back at my farm on the final day. All I need to do to get 50k is get to the forest and get honey hunter largos with mint mangos and farm that a couple days to get 50k
Day 300+
+2,300,000U in the Bank
TheLevens
Rancher

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:43 am

TheLevens wrote:After "completing" all there was until the next update. Here are some ideas I have for future content.

-vacs for gardens

Considering that gardens now work eternally, this would we stupidly overpowered.

Doesn't really seem necessary. Perhaps?

What largoes do you have in the corral? I'm pretty sure mine are always on time.
I sort of agree with this.

As in.. the 7Zee 100-items boost?

Stupidly overpowered. The player would barely need to do ANYTHING at the ranch.

I mean, yeah that would be cool. But it makes more sense to just have unique locations with a different animal. All of these would be too much - this is Slime Rancher, not an animal farmer simulator.

That really just defeats the point of even ever buying an incinerator.
-Slime ideas:
-mini slimes

O...kay...

NOPE. NOPE. NOPE.
The gold slime is meant to be an expensive slime that is quite rare. To clone it would significantly lower the value of the gold slime.

I mean, it's not a bad idea...

Sounds fun.
Underwater theme area.

This has actually been requested a lot, and I very much agree that this would be really cool.
More flying slimes

Okay, lets stop here.
When a slime has an ability, it is meant to be the ability of that slime. If you make another slime with the same ability, the cheapest one is useless. If you are going to make a slime design, give it a UNIQUE ability.

We are getting saber slimes soon, so I don't think this is necessary.
Food slimes

TheGreciansHousehold wrote:I mean, it's not a bad idea..

TheGreciansHousehold wrote:I mean, it's not a bad idea..

See, problem is you've only stated common American seasonal celebration. If this happens, we'll need celebrations from ALL nations, adding up to A LOT.
But.. Why?

-multiplayer ideaa:

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAQQQQQQ

FAQ
Scavenger hunts

To be fair, I would like this in singleplayer. It could be a gadget - you just press a button and it fires stuff high into the air for you to find. I like this idea a lot.

Difficult to code & mostly up to preference.
Slime sports
Tic tac toe with slimes
Connect 4 with slimes
Slime chess

I mean, these could be pretty cool..

This seems like a pretty fun idea.

Bit useless really.
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby TheLevens » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:38 pm

Vacs for gardens just so you have more time out in the wild and won't lose crops if you're out too long.

What largoes do you have in the corral? I'm pretty sure mine are always on time.

I usually have 6 mosaic/dervish Largos in one coral. I usually have to clean up @20 leftovers when they reach 100 plorts in the vac
As in.. the 7Zee 100-items boost?

No I have that, I just don't like sitting there sucking up 100 plortsx2 in each coral.

That really just defeats the point of even ever buying an incinerator.

What's the point of buying a pond if you have the dock lake?

More flying slimes
Okay, lets stop here.
When a slime has an ability, it is meant to be the ability of that slime. If you make another slime with the same ability, the cheapest one is useless. If you are going to make a slime design, give it a UNIQUE ability.

Maybe just one more?? One that survives the sunlight?

See, problem is you've only stated common American seasonal celebration. If this happens, we'll need celebrations from ALL nations, adding up to A LOT.

Yes it might be a lot of seasonal/holiday slimes, but I'm sure people would have fun with it. Maybe have one area of the wild to be dedicated to this.

Promo slimes(can only get once, produces rare plorts that can't be found anywhere else.)But.. Why?

It's called a Collection, people crave collecting the uncollectable or extremely hard to find or get.
Look at WoW, millions of people have junk piled up in their banks just because they found it and don't want to trash it because it's hard to get.

Slime theme park area.(carnival games with slimes, slime rides, haunted slime house Bit useless really.

Arnt all theme parks useless pointless fun?
Day 300+
+2,300,000U in the Bank
TheLevens
Rancher

Postby TheLevens » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:53 pm

Bump
Day 300+
+2,300,000U in the Bank
TheLevens
Rancher

Postby Randomtangle » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:51 am

TheLevens wrote:-faster way to transfer 100 plorts out of corals and transfer them to the market or research storage.

Sounds like my containers idea would come in handy.
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!

Are you still here?
This is tiny.
Randomtangle
Treefox

Postby Randomtangle » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:52 am

TheLevens wrote:slime battles("Pokémon" style)

If this gets added my life is complete!
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!

Are you still here?
This is tiny.
Randomtangle
Treefox

Postby Randomtangle » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:54 am

Get used to me quoting you! These are great! I thought of a lot off this stuff too, I just don't want to annoyingly spam.
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!

Are you still here?
This is tiny.
Randomtangle
Treefox

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:09 am

jasmyndube wrote:I just don't like sitting there sucking up 100 plortsx2 in each coral. Link removed

I can't figure out whether you're a spambot or not. Your post made sense, and yet you also advertised..
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby Randomtangle » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:22 pm

I don't know.
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!