Cloud Slime

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Cloud Slime

Postby PioTendero » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:46 am

DIET: Water (Not too much)

SLIMEOLOGY: Cloud slimes are said to have been puddle slimes that have been exposed to too much heat upon it's birth, evaporating into a permanent gaseous form. Slime ranchers have most often run into these slimes by accident because of their near-invisible state, dispersing them and finding it quite the challenge to find them again. Although, they are always found floating slightly above bodies of water.

Ranchers find these slimes their best friend in the garden. Placing them above a garden with a sprinkler system keeps them alive and happy. Every now and then, they will release plorts and until the rancher decides to collect them, these plorts will keep nearby harvest from wilting.

RANCHER RISKS: Their gaseous nature makes them a delicate matter to handle. Spotting them in the wild is only the first difficulty. Running into them or sucking them from too far away will disperse them, giving ranchers the task of finding them again. Accidentally splashing them with water or shooting them directly into water will have them turn into water. Placing them too far from water will have them slowly fade away into the atmosphere. Ranchers must take extra caution when transporting these slimes.

Ranchers must also exercise caution with too many cloud slimes beside each other. Any more than four slimes in close proximity, they will merge into largo. Some ranchers may find this largo easier to handle, especially since it can be sucked completely and produces more plorts, but it will constantly produce small rain that will instead overwater crops to die faster.

PLORTONOMICS:
Cloud plorts are composed out of the cleanest of breathable air, even cleansing the air around them. On Earth, these plorts are most commonly used to power air conditioners, produce aerosol products and even provide clean oxygen for gas tanks, water-diving and space-traveling vessels. Some may consider these plorts to be potentially life-saving, as it was recently found to reduce factory smog.

TOY: Barometer or Balloon; allows five slimes to be in close proximity without turning into a largo and reduces the rain of the cloud largo, increasing the time it takes before crops rot, but will still rot faster than when there isn't a largo.
Last edited by PioTendero on Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PioTendero
Chickadoo

Re: Cloud Slime

Postby JasontheBasin » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:11 pm

so I'm guessing there's an invisible wall above the garden that is sorta like an upside down pond that the cloud slimes will just move in circles within. basically flying puddle slimes that rain.
Im good friends with emeraldplay, who's a Slime rancher modding god.

HAIL HIM.
JasontheBasin
Keeper

Postby PioTendero » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:49 pm

Pretty much. They don't rain until they're actually a largo, but their plorts keep uncollected crops from rotting until they're collected. Each plort will probably keep 1 crop from rotting, so that without a largo, you can have a number of crops available, depending on how many plorts there are, all the time until you collect them.
PioTendero
Chickadoo

Postby JasontheBasin » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:53 am

perhaps when the plorts despawn (they do despawn eventually) they burst into water, increasing growth of nearby plants by a little bit.
Im good friends with emeraldplay, who's a Slime rancher modding god.

HAIL HIM.
JasontheBasin
Keeper

Postby PioTendero » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:04 am

I don't think plorts despawn in the game
PioTendero
Chickadoo

Postby EmeraldPlay » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:07 am

PioTendero wrote:I don't think plorts despawn in the game

They do after 24-36 hours.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby PioTendero » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:22 pm

Oh ok! Thanks for that. Then, idk if it would be worth waiting for the plorts to despawn if you want the boost for the crops, which is why I suggested that the boost remain until the plorts are collected.
PioTendero
Chickadoo

Return to Slime Design