Slime Submarine - SLIME SEA IDEA

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Slime Submarine - SLIME SEA IDEA

Postby IBJinx » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:39 pm

I thought of the idea of adding a slime submarine to the game as a result to further understand the slime sea. I had the idea of almost using a slime as a generator to power the Sub. The sub would be powered by plorts and the more plorts you have the more you can explore.

It would have a day / night system kind of like sleeping, by going deeper it cost a day. There would be a giant vac on your Slime Sub. After every day of going a little bit deeper it would vac up materials like Slime Fossils, Puddle Plorts, Different Veggies and Fruits, Ect. At any time you can return to the surface without cost of any plorts. There would be a wind shield in which you could see a scatter of variant slimes, items, and food. You have the option to vac up the slimes, items Ect. or continue going up our down. At any time you can also shoot items out out of the Sub Vac in case you find different items you want.

Please respond I thought it would be a good idea to add a Slime Submarine due to the unknown slime sea to further understand it in the name of Slime Science! If you do use this idea please take the cost of plorts and quantum slime generator into consideration. Also I would appreciate it if you credited me as well :D

Thank you for your time,

-IBJinx
IBJinx
Plort

Re: Slime Submarine - SLIME SEA IDEA

Postby EmeraldPlay » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:34 pm

The slime sea acts as a barrier, so they would have to limit this if it were to be added.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby zm78 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:35 pm

nice idea!
it could probably also have two phosphor plort powered lights for very deep areas to.

Edit: it could take you to a faraway island when it hits the barrier and back when it rises to the surface this would be a very hacky way to do it though.
Those ears, That coin, That wiggle, wiggle, wiggle.
zm78
Rancher

Postby akkamaddi » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:17 pm

One way to read this would dismiss EmeraldPlay's concern, if I read this correctly, is that the sub is "on rails". It sounds like you feed the sub plorts for fuel to "keep going", but you are not going anywhere specific, just "keep going".

Think of it this way: Entering the "short range teleporter" that sends you to the sub docked by your Ranch actually sends you to what is effectively a small non-contiguous new map, like the vaults, that may even be randomly generated. Think of it as "You found a safe/interesting spot". You can float about, sucking up things, spitting out things you don't need. Eventually you take the option "Return", which takes you back to the Ranch, or feed some plorts and "Go Further", which has a transition screen while a new small region is created and 12 or 24 hours (or some pseudo-random amount) on the clock advances. You can then float about, deciding what you want, and then either return or "go further".

So, to EmeraldPlay, the Slime Sea would still be a barrier because you are not actually traveling on the main map. You are just progressing through small randomly generated micro-maps that do not directly connect to the main map.

There could be rare new resources or treasure pods with slime science blueprints on specific "depth" ("levels"). Aquatic slimes could also start appearing after specific depths. Also, to zm78's idea of "a far away land", once you cross different depth regions, the Return could give you the option of "Return to ranch" or, say, after depth 3 you've gone far enough you also get the option of "Surface at The Wilds", and after depth 5 you get the third option of "Surface at Volcanic Ruins". Essentially, it mimics travel in that if you progress far enough, the Return option starts giving you different locations, be they existing or completely new locations.
akkamaddi
Rancher

Postby PioTendero » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:34 am

I think the slime sub is a really unique idea. I like the idea of there being a cost and day cycle in travelling to with the submarine, so it let's you have to prepare the slimes to be stocked up before underwater exploring.

But I think it'd be a better if the slime sub could let you go to specific areas of the slime sea, like a reef that wasn't dried up but was part of the dry reef, or submerged ruins or like a deep trench, then you could access a dive suit that has an air limit. So, you could do

SLIME SEA DIVING

You could go underwater and explore and you can go around with like an unlimited jetpack but have to get back to the sub before air runs out, otherwise you get knocked out and wake up a day after in your home with the submarine fuel run out. And you can upgrade the suit to have longer air capacity and faster underwater movement.

I also like the idea of it being fuelled by plorts. Oh and maybe, if underwater slimes can be implemented, there could be a new type of corral to be implemented in the docks! Like either an AQUARIUM or a SEA PEN.
PioTendero
Chickadoo

Postby Slimer21 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:47 pm

Yes, I like this idea, the diving suit one, i mean. Or maybe A sort of sub-menu where you have to pay certain plorts/money/slime science materials to get to a certain area. And you can get upgrades for your sub, so, like for a dark trench, you would need phosphurs to light the way, and for maybe, a pulse upgrade, or a bomb to destroy walls, would require boom plorts, etc.

GET THIS POST TO NICK RIGHT AWAY
Attachments
or maybe this.jpeg
A slime that may be found in this area
or maybe this.jpeg (3.79 KiB) Viewed 3875 times
May take some.jpeg
Might take some inspiration from subnautica
May take some.jpeg (7.38 KiB) Viewed 3875 times
Slimer21
Plort

Return to Slime Design