Steam Slime

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Steam Slime

Postby UhOhDaddy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:34 am

Before you go on do note that I am newer around here and if I have posted an already existing idea PLEASE TELL ME! I don't want to steal ANYONE'S hard work! Enjoy!

Steam Slime

Boy, is it hot in here or is that just... a slime?

Diet: Hot Air (Idea for this below)

Favorite: None

Slimeology:
The Steam Slime is one of the strangest slime ever discovered. They cannot be found in the wild, but must be created. When a Puddle and Fire Slime meet, a Steam Slime is created. Because this could never happen in the wild, ranchers have taken it upon themselves to create them. Although, the price for caring for such a rare slime is high, so most ranchers stay away from creating the Steam Slime.

Rancher Risks:
Other than fogging up your glasses and getting a hot sweat, the Steam Slime causes no real threat to anyone. When corralling this slime a special corral is needed to house them. Because they live off of water and hot air, the "Sauna" (see below for more info) upgrade to a corral is needed. Also, more than five of these slime in one pen can cause disaster, for too many of them can cause them to disappear!

Plortonomics:

Coincidentally, the "Sauna" upgrade to the corral is made from the Steam Slime plorts. Scientists have had to house Steam Slimes in real sauna's before! Just to retrieve the precious Steam plorts when they were first discovered. Today, Steam plorts are used in enhancing sauna's, making them more efficient and relaxing. Some scientists, due to their appearance also believe the Steam Slime may be a distant cousin of the Quantum Slime. (See below for more info)

Thank you for getting this far in my Steam Slime Slimepedia entry! More info on it is below.

"Sauna" Upgrade to Corral:
This idea, I think is pretty neat. When I said above that Steam plorts make the sauna upgrade, that's just the manufacturing part of it. The actual cost would be the most expensive corral upgrade yet. (The price is up for debate.) Mistifiers would be placed at the top of the corrals, causing hot mist to rain down in the corral.

"Hot Air" As a Food:
The "Mistifiers/Sauna" upgrade would produce their food; hot air.

Quantum Slime Cousins:
This is a far-fetched idea. I mainly added this to give an idea of what they would look like. Except they can be contained in a corral without teleporting out. They would look almost identical to the Quantum Slime, except they would be a very light grey and some white thrown in too. (Yes, I know. Puddle Slimes are blue and Fire Slimes are red. "Shouldn't they be purple?" Let me live my dream, okay."
Xbox GT: UhOhDaddy
IG - @uhhohdaddy
Twitter - @jackdaddyvi

Taken since 10/12/14 :)
UhOhDaddy
Plort

Re: Steam Slime

Postby EmeraldPlay » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:58 am

Nice idea.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Re: Steam Slime

Postby UhOhDaddy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:14 pm

EmeraldPlay wrote:Nice idea.

Thank you :)
Xbox GT: UhOhDaddy
IG - @uhhohdaddy