Your ideas for BOb and Thora updates

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Your ideas for BOb and Thora updates

Postby CrookHookGames » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:03 am

My inspiration to do this is Monomi Park already have plans for updates featuring Odgen Ortiz, Mochi Miles, and Viktor Humphries. So I want your ideas for the other two characters you can trade with, BOb and Thora West. I will be reposting this whenever a new comment or idea pops up. You don't have to write everything in one post and can just write one or two ideas you have, but you are not limited, so go crazy!
For every pioneer on every new frontier:
Be brave.
Be bold.
And stay wiggly
CrookHookGames
Rancher

Re: Your ideas for BOb and Thora updates

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:14 am

Personally I don't think either should have anything - BOb is a comical character that only makes sense as a mystery NPC, and Thora West is so vital to the plot that adding anything would seem rather strange.

None the less, I look forward to reading some ideas.
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby jarethverens » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:13 am

I have an idea for BOb:
The Quest to find the... (drums rolling) Albino Roostro <- you probably were expecting something like this.
New Zone: The Sub-Zero-Breeze
This forest like island has an unusually unique environment, just like with the Moss Blanket, the mountains create a different environment in the island. This zone is very hard to live on due to all the tall trees around, the snow everywhere, clouds are always covering the sky, and even worse, blizzards are very common on the island. Slimes can barely be found there since food is hard to find...
But there are hot spots around.. Sometimes eruptions happen strangely, with lava pouring out, slimes thrown everywhere, from pinks to crystals to rocks..

Slimes: Pink, (rarely) Crystal, Rock, (rarely) Hunter, (exclusive) Albino Slimes.

Albino Slimes:
These aren't a unique kind of slime, instead they are what happen when a slime stays too long in the cold, they don't start as one. e.g You might sometimes find a Rock Albino or a Hunter Albino in very cold areas, they can especially become Albinos in blizzards.
When a slime becomes an Albino slime, they'll lose their color becoming white and they stay like that forever. They also gain a taste for meat, especially the Albino Roostro.
jarethverens
Rancher

Postby PioTendero » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:14 am

It'd be cool if a Thora update would let you start a new ranch on another world with new slimes. I'm also building up on the idea of adding a new zone, but nothing specific on what it is. It could add more exploration to the game and let you start from scratch in a harder world, since the upgrades on yourself make the old ranch easy to get around. And you could get notes/messages from Thora this time!

I have 3 ideas for Thora in line with this:

1 could be that she might let you know how to activate the Warp Station to travel beyond, given that Hobson chose to be with her and she could have learned about it. I'm not sure it'll work plotwise... but it would be one of the few ways to have the warp station up and running again that works with the plot.

2 could be that she could give you access to a run-down ranch in another world that she tried to run but found too difficult to maintain. Maybe due to the slimes there being particularly hard to work with or maybe they go feral at night...

3 could be that she could give you let you know of another world she wanted to have explored but couldn't once she got too old or never got the chance to explore when Hobson settled down with her. This I think could work best along with the plot.

For BOb, I kinda agree with jarethverens in that a search quest could suit him best for a rare kind of chicken. Or chickens. If there would be a new world to explore, an update could let him request you to acquire new species of chickens and breed enough of them. But the chickens could either be super rare, like the gilded ginger, or found in certain areas that are hard to access.

In my opinion, this game is super super fun and has a lot of potential to grow even bigger since there's still loads of material that can be worked with.
PioTendero
Chickadoo

Postby SlimeingSlimer » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:12 pm

What if you could get boBs outfit fashion pod and you stack 3 pink slimes and you put on the outfit you get the achievement (boB?) and you can feed him henhens and he gives you newbucks
Be bold
Be brave
And of course
Above all
Stay wiggly
SlimeingSlimer
Chickadoo

Postby akkamaddi » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:31 pm

SlimeingSlimer wrote:What if you could get boBs outfit fashion pod and you stack 3 pink slimes and you put on the outfit you get the achievement (boB?) and you can feed him henhens and he gives you newbucks

That is amazing....
akkamaddi
Rancher

Return to Slime Design