chicken improvements

Share your original Slimepedia entries

chicken improvements

Postby volcaroona » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:32 pm

I have had a lot of troubles supplying chickens to my carnivorous slimes, mostly because i dont know how many i can take to keep supply up, along with the chickens and roosters aging and such.

So i was thinking about how it could possibly be improved on, and the idea i came up with is less of a chicken pen, and something more like a coop, a small house in the pen, possibly on little stilts. You put a rooster and a hen of your choice inside and it works similarly to a garden, either chicks popping out in a bunch (similar to the harvest amounts, 5, 10, 15, 20) or popping out every now and then, giving the same harvest amount over 24 hours that a garden would give.

they come out as chicks, and then have to grow up in their little grassy area, eating bugs and sunbaking like a real chicken, the upgrades for it helping the amount of chicks that hatch and how fast they grow up like they do now

i tried to draw my idea but i only have access to paint and no drawing tablet
volcaroona
Plort

Re: chicken improvements

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:59 pm

So.. A coop with no challenges?
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby volcaroona » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:29 pm

why are henhens the only thing that are a pain to raise? it makes me not want to have any carnivorous slimes
volcaroona
Plort

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:11 am

They're really not. Just grab 2 hens and a roostro and go out to the 1st tabby gordo area whenever they grow old.
My Fanon-Lore Posts

- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby akkamaddi » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:29 am

Plain Hen Hen's?

You don't really have to put any effort into it once you get the Overgrowth expansion.

I think there are six Hen Hen spawn points. When the number of Hen Hens in the area hits zero, the points will start to spawn. If you have a coop in the Overgrowth, just use it to raise other types of Hens and remove Hen Hens. Also, the number of Hen Hen's has to hit zero before it forces the spawn points to trigger. If you are thorough, you can actually walk in circles, gathering Hen Hens.
akkamaddi
Rancher

Postby volcaroona » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:42 pm

i dont have a problem with regular hen hens, but it seems like even with a fully upgraded coop, i dont get 15 chickens a day to feed to my slimes
volcaroona
Plort

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:01 pm

15 hen hens is actually quite a lot. Just either get more coops or reduce your carnivore population.
My Fanon-Lore Posts

- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby zm78 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:51 pm

well... i always have 2 coops on the docks 1 on the ranch and 1 in the grotto and im about to get more, So every day I'm getting about 12 chickens.

Also had to trash my larder from behind the plort market 190 prickle pears, 100 silver parsnips and 3 painted hens, the other storage holds 32 painted hens, 22 roostros, 200 silver parsnips, 200 prickle pears
and 128 phase lemons which makes 875 food resources.
Those ears, That coin, That wiggle, wiggle, wiggle.
zm78
Rancher

Return to Slime Design