Phantom Slimes

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Phantom Slimes

Postby Galetuft » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:45 am

"Who're you gonna call? Oh, wait..."

Diet: Fruit
Favorite: Ethereal Oranges

Slimeology

Phantom slimes are well-known for their mysterious behavior. Some believe they're just playful misfits, others think there's a bigger meaning behind it. What's that behavior? Well, phantom slimes sport the abnormal ability to become incorporeal and zoom through walls around the ranch, eventually gaining a physical body again. When incorporeal, nothing can interact with the slime-- it can't eat normal food, consume plorts, or be vac'd up. But it can interact with incorporeal things, such as the trees of their favorite Ethereal Oranges.

Rancher Risks

Phantom Slimes don't harm ranchers themselves, but can easily destroy your hard-earned largos if not well-fed or if they're agitated. Due to being able to go through walls while incorporeal, they can easily get into the plorts of other slimes, which can result in unintended largos or even tarr outbreaks. You can stop them in their tracks with a few splashes of water.

Plortonomics

Phantom slimes' plorts may just hold the secret to unlimited life, but that's just a theory. They are still being studied very closely. Thus, there are no known uses to their plorts yet, but one thing is for sure: Phantom plorts are in very high demand by scientists on Earth, and for very high prices.

Appearance

Phantom slimes are a light blue color with darker swirls on their body. Their eyes and mouth are pure white, and have a soft glow to them. When incorporeal, they are transluscent.

Phantom slimes are found in the Ancient Ruins, appearing more often at night than at daylight.

END

Well, that's my first idea! Glad to get that out of my system. I'd be glad to receive criticism, as long as it is constructive. Thank you for reading!
stay wiggly
Galetuft
Chickadoo

Re: Phantom Slimes

Postby EmeraldPlay » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:08 am

Nice idea, but I think it's a bit too similar to the pre-nerf quantum slimes in its ability to enter the corrals of other slimes.
Welcome to the forums!
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby MrInvizible » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:39 am

Hi there! I just started playing Slime Rancher, and I really love it. I had a few slime ideas I wanted to throw out. One of which I called the Spooky slime, which was very similar to the Phantom slime idea you had, so I don't want to take credit for this one. I had some ideas to balance it though to be a bit different than the Quantums.

Spooky Slimes:

Very Casper-the-Friendly-Ghost in look, to keep in line with the cute theme of the game. White color should look distinct enough from the other slimes. Have a tiny ghostly tail, and look slightly transparent.

Abilities:

I love the idea of a ghost slime being able to fly around and walk through walls. This would make them very difficult to corral. However, being ghosts and haunting a nearby area, they will stick around an area much like any other slime. To balance this, Spooky Slimes being incorporeal cannot eat the plorts of other slimes or become largos. Their plorts, also being intangible, cannot be eaten by other slimes.

Bad Behaviors (since the newest slimes have 2 bad behaviors):

Spooky slimes can fly through walls, making it difficult to corral. They can eat fruits directly off trees. Perhaps they can even eat paradox fruit while in the other dimension.

Spooky slimes are also very mischevious, and when agitated they become more like a troublemaker, sneaking up on slimes to spook them.

What do you think?
MrInvizible
Plort

Postby EmeraldPlay » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:50 pm

MrInvizible wrote:Hi there! I just started playing Slime Rancher, and I really love it. I had a few slime ideas I wanted to throw out. One of which I called the Spooky slime, which was very similar to the Phantom slime idea you had, so I don't want to take credit for this one. I had some ideas to balance it though to be a bit different than the Quantums.

Spooky Slimes:

Very Casper-the-Friendly-Ghost in look, to keep in line with the cute theme of the game. White color should look distinct enough from the other slimes. Have a tiny ghostly tail, and look slightly transparent.

Abilities:

I love the idea of a ghost slime being able to fly around and walk through walls. This would make them very difficult to corral. However, being ghosts and haunting a nearby area, they will stick around an area much like any other slime. To balance this, Spooky Slimes being incorporeal cannot eat the plorts of other slimes or become largos. Their plorts, also being intangible, cannot be eaten by other slimes.

Bad Behaviors (since the newest slimes have 2 bad behaviors):

Spooky slimes can fly through walls, making it difficult to corral. They can eat fruits directly off trees. Perhaps they can even eat paradox fruit while in the other dimension.

Spooky slimes are also very mischevious, and when agitated they become more like a troublemaker, sneaking up on slimes to spook them.

What do you think?

I think it's good.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Return to Slime Design