Marble Slime

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Marble Slime

Postby MochiMiles » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:45 pm

A Fresh, New Friend: The Marble Slime

The Idea:

A new slime for a new zone, the Mirror Lakes. Nothing too special about this slime- it functions like any other, with a regular diet and normal plorts.

Located in the caves beneath the Mirror Lakes. Uncommon, but not very difficult to find.

Diet:

Food type: Veggies

Favorite food: WIP

Appearance:

Round and smooth. Silver-greyish-whitish (like marble). Darker streaks of grey and (maybe) brighter silver and gold or black (like marble). This may not present nicely in-game, so the idea of streaks may not work. Alternatively, there could be flecks of different color.

The Science:

Originally rock slimes, marble slimes have gained their unique appearance from the remote environment they live in. Vast slabs of marble in the Mirror Lakes have, over several thousand years, been eroded by the vast shallow pools that flow over them. These tiny pieces of marble are sucked into the deep holes in the lakes, leading into tunnels below. Slowly, loose deposits of marble have built up in the underwater caverns.

However, these caverns are not entirely submerged, and let out into underground beaches connected to wide cave systems. These cave systems support slime life. One type of slime, the Rock Slime, has been observed in the past to react with minerals it may occasionally absorb. Slime scientists believe that, over thousands of years, several slimes may have found themselves bumping into rich deposits of pulverized marble, so much so that they assimilate with the mineral, forming what is now the marble slime.

Plortonomics:

Marble plorts, like several others, are relatively soft. Unlike its hard counterpart, marble plots can be crushed into a hard paste when enough pressure is applied.

While serving no current scientific purpose, many researchers will nod their head in firm agreement when asked if the mineral content of the marble plorts make for an eye-catching substance. When combined with hydro-compound H2Ohhhhh and baked with several other chemicals, marble plorts can be used to create a unique matte-silver paint with gold, black, and silver flecks, mimicking real marble. Companies and individuals use this substance to paint buildings, fashion jewelry, and even create nail polish.

Slimepedia Entry:

Working on it.

Side Notes:

Want to help? Go ahead.

Want me to hurry? See above.
Last edited by MochiMiles on Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MochiMiles
Plort

Re: Marble Slime

Postby EmeraldPlay » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:25 am

Nice idea, but this slime should have atleast a single risk to ranching it, instead of it having no risks whatsoever.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Return to Slime Design