Mesa Mesh, Steampunk Slime, Toxic Tomato and more

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Mesa Mesh, Steampunk Slime, Toxic Tomato and more

Postby jarethverens » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:05 am

What i want in Slime Rancher:

Steampunk Slime:
These Slimes eat Everything.
Favorite: Toxic Tomato
Risks: A highly agitated Steampunk Slime can emit steam making other slimes feel like coughing and therefore, agitating them. They also create steam when in contact with water.
Origin: Mesa Mesh

Toxic Tomato:
Type: Fruit and Veg (Both a Veggie and a Fruit)
This food also can't rot due to the chemicals it's made of.
Favored by: Steampunk Slime

Mesa Mesh:
This zone is very humid and wild, with Pink and Rocks roaming around with one or two Steampunk Slimes around the corner, this is an area that's quite unique but don't let that fool you, due to steam in the environment from all the Steampunk Slimes, this has created Acid Rainstorms every once in a while presumably why the zone is now a sort of dissolved bright clay.

Nightmare Slime:
A very rare slime that can appear anywhere. These slimes are often feared by Ranchers, Chickens and surprisingly Tarr and are often in the shadows, they never appear during the day and will disappear immediately when in sunlight, same with their plorts.
Diet: Literally Everything (Including Chickadoos, Plorts but can't become Largos, Slimes, Resources and EVEN TARR!)
However regular slimes don't fear the plorts made by them. When a slime becomes a Nightmare Largo, they are literally nightmares, they have scary eyes, sharp teeth, ragged ears and tails if they had those before, Dark colored skin and even a taste for everything. Any Nightmare Slimes give nearby slimes and Rancher (temporary but terrifying) hallucinations.
Any Rancher would advise to sell their plorts for money but DO NOT feed it to a slime and if they see a Nightmare slime, just throw it into the Slime Sea immediately.

New Ranks:

Rank 29:
New Blueprint: Butterscotch Warp Depot
New Upgrade: Ultra Pulse Wave
Cost: 150000

Rank 30:
New Chroma Pack: Rose Ruby
New Blueprint: Butterscotch Teleporter
Cost: 150000

Rank 31:
New Blueprint: Quantum Duplicator
New Upgrade: Energy Booster Ultra
Cost: 175000

Rank 32:
New Upgrade: Golden Sureshot Ultra
New Blueprint: Gatling Hydro Turret

Rank 33:
New Blueprint: Ultra Gordo Snare
New Chroma Pack: Flower Bed
New Chroma Pack: Hod Rod

Rank 34:
New Upgrade: Ultimate Treasure Cracker
New Upgrade: Ultimate Heart Module Upgrade (Infinite HP)

(Final) Rank 35:
New Upgrade: Ultimate Energy Booster Upgrade (Infinite Energy)
New Upgrade: Jetpack Ultra
New Blueprint: Extra Soothing Taming Bell
New Chroma Pack: Crystal Clear
Cost: 200000
jarethverens
Rancher

Re: Mesa Mesh, Steampunk Slime, Toxic Tomato and more

Postby EmeraldPlay » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:03 pm

Steampunk Slime's ability seems to be very similar to the Tangle Slime's pollen.
The toxic tomato should get another effect due to it not being able to rot, to make it balanced.
The Mesa Mesh sounds like a good idea.
Something like a "Nightmare Slime" isn't a fitting idea for a game like this.
I don't think that we'd need another 1.2 million worth of 7Zee ranks. 1.3 million is already tedious to get. What would the quantum duplicator and the ultra gordo snare do? And I don't think that getting infinite HP and energy would be a good thing.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

More info and a few changes!

Postby jarethverens » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:39 pm

The quantum duplicator can double any object inserted! (e.g when a phase lemon or rock plort was inserted, 2 would come out) HOWEVER, it needs quantum plorts as fuel (1 Quantum Plort = Enough Fuel for duplicating 2 items)

The Ultra Gordo snare can be used again when the snared gordo is burst and can be moved around instead of only demolished!

The Jetpack Ultra upgrade allows you to fly twice the height of before!

I also changed my mind about infinite Hp, instead it will be Regeneration Ultra (heal a lot quicker)

Steampunk Slimes also shoot little lasers from their eyes (When they feel threatened if it's an unfamiliar Rancher or Tarr). The lasers don't do a lot of damage (5HP from one hit)
They can't be sucked up if they were just spawned, they'd think you're a threat. But if you feed them food, they'll gain your trust and you can vac them up and bring them home!

Slimes would usually choose other foods from Toxic Tomatoes since they have a bitter taste, but of course Steampunk Slimes can't taste the bitterness.

The Ultimate Treasure Cracker: I also want there to be a secret class of treasure pods around the far Far Range (With a Rarity like only 1-2 per zone) Like only 1 in the entire Indigo Quarry hidden in a secret cave or something.

And Yeah, I think the Nightmare Slime would need a bit of "Happiness" put in! I think Shadow Slime would be better! And not eating everything, just maybe plorts (Nigh-wait no, Shadow Slimes can't be come Largos themselves but other slimes can become largos from their plorts)
They'd just eat the light out of the plort and then it becomes a Shadow Plort.
They might give the Rancher nearby one or two hallucinations from time to time but they can be like a duplicate Shadow Slime but just a hallucination or a Gold Slime that's not actually there.
What do you think of these changes, and no the Shadow Slime won't be evil, not anymore anyway!
jarethverens
Rancher

Postby jarethverens » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:07 am

EmeraldPlay wrote:Steampunk Slime's ability seems to be very similar to the Tangle Slime's pollen.
The toxic tomato should get another effect due to it not being able to rot, to make it balanced.
I don't think that we'd need another 1.2 million worth of 7Zee ranks. 1.3 million is already tedious to get. What would the quantum duplicator and the ultra gordo snare do? And I don't think that getting infinite HP and energy would be a good thing.

I made another post on this page about a few changes and the info you wanted to know! :D
jarethverens
Rancher

Postby EmeraldPlay » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:13 am

jarethverens wrote:
EmeraldPlay wrote:Steampunk Slime's ability seems to be very similar to the Tangle Slime's pollen.

I made another post on this page about a few changes and the info you wanted to know! :D

It's better now.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Treasure Pod #1 (Idea)

Postby jarethverens » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:49 am

The Ultimate Treasure Pods:

no.1:
Slime Sea Extractor
This extractor checks the Slime Sea for any materials or slimes that fell in, with a possibility of bringing back items lost to Ranchers who fell in!

I don't have loads of time to write this so I'll only do one for now!
jarethverens
Rancher

Treasure Pod #2, #3 +#4 (Idea)

Postby jarethverens » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:33 am

no.2:

Infinite Apiary:
This version of the Apiary is similar to the Master Apiary but it lasts Infinite Cycles.
Location: In the Moss Blanket, look for the area with the Giant Mushrooms and it should be on top of one the trees on the Slime Sea beside.

no.3

Infinite Drill:
This version of the Drill is similar to the Master Drill but it lasts Infinite Cycles.
Location: There is a ledge on top of where the second Rock Gordo is (Behind the area with the broken bridge), that's where you'll find it.

no.4

Infinite Pump:
This version of the Pump is similar to the Master Pump but it lasts Infinite Cycles.
Location: In the first area of the Indigo Quarry, go towards the right, you should be at the Slime Sea, then fly off the land towards the left, you should find a secret part of the Dry Reef, that's where you'll find it.

I'll write down more when I get the ideas for more!
jarethverens
Rancher

Postby EmeraldPlay » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:43 am

Extractors that last forever would be way too much.

-----
Links:
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby jarethverens » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:11 am

EmeraldPlay wrote:Extractors that last forever would be way too much.

Even if they can't be moved and require 3 times the regular amount as well as quantum plorts?
jarethverens
Rancher

Postby EmeraldPlay » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:30 am

jarethverens wrote:

Even if they can't be moved and require 3 times the regular amount as well as quantum plorts?

The other extractor tiers already can't be moved, and 3 times the regular amount wouldn't make it balanced.

-----
Links:
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby jarethverens » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:20 am

EmeraldPlay wrote:
jarethverens wrote:

The other extractor tiers already can't be moved, and 3 times the regular amount wouldn't make it balanced.

8 times then?
jarethverens
Rancher

Postby EmeraldPlay » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:26 am

jarethverens wrote:
EmeraldPlay wrote:
jarethverens wrote:

8 times then?

Maybe.

-----
Links:
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby jarethverens » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:06 pm

I made another topic about these ideas as a continuation.
jarethverens
Rancher

Postby jarethverens » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:23 am

If you want to know more, check out the second topic I made about these! (A part 2 basically)
jarethverens
Rancher

Postby jarethverens » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:57 pm

EmeraldPlay wrote:
jarethverens wrote:

It's better now.

I have a part 2 of these ideas now: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4687
jarethverens
Rancher

Return to Slime Design