New Area (#9843): The Pillowfort!

Share your original Slimepedia entries

New Area (#9843): The Pillowfort!

Postby WafflesnBacon » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:11 pm

Yeah, it's me again... this is my list of ideas for a new area I came up with, the Pillowfort, a colorful and comforting area that is filled with many exciting things.

The Pillowfort: Pillows around every corner.
Description: The Pillowfort is unarguably the most unique place in the Far, Far Range for many lightyears away. The once rich soil here has somehow transformed into soft, fluffy pillows, for reasons unknown. One possible explanation, given by our faithful Slime Scientists, is that the many Pillow Slimes that choose to reside here have completely covered the terrain with their trail of cotton, thus creating the pillow-y plane of existence of the Pillowfort.

Not a peek of sunlight is able to invade the floors here, due to the fact that there is a soft, blankety roof covering the area. This makes for both a hard time seeing, and a great place to house luminescent Phosphor Slimes. The key to seeing in this darkened (yet still inviting) area is to use the Phosphor Slimes to your advantage. Be sure to stock up on them before you go!

Slimes that live here:

Pillow Slime: The softest thing ever, and it never requires washing.
These cute little slimes make their home in the Pillowfort, and they're the comfiest slime for miles. Their softness makes for a suiting, comfortable sleep, so nearby slimes seek them out to lay on them at night. This may sometimes aggravate the poor slime, causing them to start a "Pillow Fight" and throw pillows everywhere. They will eventually get over it, though. No shame in getting mad when you're layed on by others.

Rancher Risks: Much like Honey Plorts, other slimes will quickly try to get to them at night. Be sure that your Pillow Slimes are safe in their cage, and far away from other slimes. Also, remember to feed them often, or else they will start a pillow fight.
Appearance: A roughly textured red slime with yellow, green, and blue sewn-own patches, and a couple tassles here and there.

Toy Slime: Wind him up, and watch him go!
These little mechanical slimes are a bit weird. Unlike all other slimes, their insides are full of wires, and their body has a crank attached to the back. Nonetheless, these little slimes love their robotic lives and are eager about everything... Until they lose power. They then, annoyingly, have to be wound up again. You will often see them backing up into walls when they're at low power, trying to wind themselves up a little. Poor guys.

Rancher Risks: Toy Slimes are more-so annoying than dangerous, as they require constant winding up. If you want to avoid doing this, you must purchase the Charger upgrade for your corral. Simply insert some Battery Bulbs every once in a while and your charger is... Well, charged!
Appearance: A very avid blue color with partly visible wires inside, as well as a windable crank on the backside of them.

Materials:

Battery Bulb Has a shocking flavor.
Battery Bulbs are a common plant around the Pillowfort, and are favored by the Toy Slime. They can also be used to power Chargers.
Appearance: A little plant bulb, with a power meter on the side and some blue wires popping out the top.

Cotton Plant Soft, Squishy, and tastes like cotton candy!
Cotton Plants are a kind of resource that only grow in high-up areas of the Pillowfort, and taste like Cotton Candy. They are favored by the Pillow Slime.
Appearance: A couple of pink cotton chunks attached to each other.

I will be sure to add more soon! Please, provide some feedback if you feel like it!
Last edited by WafflesnBacon on Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Some may say that the meaning of life is 42, but the truth is...
life is more than just a word.

Try looking up 'Pink Slime' and you'll get a result saying it's food, as well as one in a grinder... :'(
WafflesnBacon
Plort

Re: New Area (#9843): The Pillowfort!

Postby EmeraldPlay » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:18 pm

Nice idea!
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby tyrantlemon55 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:59 pm

Nice idea! It really fits in with the cuteness of Slime Rancher!
aw frick
tyrantlemon55
Rancher

Postby Latherite » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:26 am

The pillow slime sounds like the best thing ever
Latherite
Plort

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:38 pm

Nice! I was sorta imagining the pillow slimes to be a sort of white folded pillow type thing, but that works much better!
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby Flamechar33 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:04 am

Pillow slimes could be randomly generated colours out of a list of different colours. Anyhow, Nice idea!
You can use any of my slimes without permission, but please refer back to me!
My Slime Art is Here!
Note: New slime art page coming in the future.
Flamechar33
Rancher

Return to Slime Design