Schrödinger's Slime

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Schrödinger's Slime

Postby UmeNeko » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:42 am

Hello everybody, here is a quite paradoxical slime. :p

Slimeology :
Schrödinger's Slimes look a lot like their pink counterparts physically as mentally, but they are an exception on their planet. They appear at some rare occasion, when the rancher do some things he does everyday. It can be throwing a slime in the sea or in the incinerator, when he feed them. Then the slime will start to freeze some seconds, and will transform into a Schrödinger's Slime.

Scientists called them this way in honor of Schrödinger's Cat, and because of his principal property : he can and can't become a largo. When Schrödinger's Slime eats a plor, he wont swallow it, and so will stay in an unfused form. But, he will act like the largo he is supposed to be. So, he is called this way because it is inevitable he will become a largo, but he is a largo and isn't a largo at the same time. Scientists don't know why they don't swallow the plort. But, because of this, we can recognize Schrödinger's Slime largos because we can still see the plort they ate, through their body (but we very hardly recognize which type of plort it is).

These slimes eat only the food they used to eat before being a Schrödinger's Slime. It is the same for their favourite food. If you feed a Schrödinger's Slime "largo", he will also give one sort of plort per fusion, and will give two of each one if it is his favourite food. Curiously, if the largo is made of Schrödinger's Slime and a Tabby or a Hunter, he will give three of each.

Rancher Risks :
The only risk Schrödinger's Slime represent is that if a largo eat a second plort, he will act like a Tarr, but still will look like Schrödinger's Slime. Moreover, it is hard to see that he has two plorts in his stomach. It can lead to a disaster, because the Schrödinger's Tarr can hide in a crowd of slimes, and kill the other slimes undercover. This phenomenon is call Schrödinger Spying.

Plortonomics :
Schrödinger's Plorts has a very little usage on Earth because of their importation prize. Indeed, they prevent space rockets to soar, or if they succeeded, it can prevent them to land. In fact, we usually say the space rocket is "Landed and not landed at the sametime" (or "soaring and not soaring"). It causes the rocket to freeze on land or in the air. All this leads to the usage of a very expensive specialize device which blocks Schrödinger's Plort's powers.

The major usage of Schrödinger's Plort is in hospitals : if a patient is about to die, they make him drink Schrödinger's Plort powder stirred in water. It will prevent the lethal substance (poison, usually) to kill the person during about 30 minutes : it is enough time for the doctors to remove the substance. It make the inevitable death not as much inevitable as it should have been.
UmeNeko
Plort

Re: Schrödinger's Slime

Postby EmeraldPlay » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:23 am

Great idea!
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby GameOver2017 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:32 am

Be or not be, that is the question.
What you looking at
GameOver2017
Chickadoo

Postby Flamechar33 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:24 am

Would tarr targeting slimes/objects still target them? Because, you know, slime logic.
You can use any of my slimes without permission, but please refer back to me!
My Slime Art is Here!
Note: New slime art page coming in the future.
Flamechar33
Rancher

Return to Slime Design