Sandslimes

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Sandslimes

Postby Pixie » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:18 pm

Slimepedia:

Diet: Vegetables
"It's like going to the beach, only the sand is very timid."

Slimeology:

Sandslimes are commonly found lurking about the glass desert, looking for sunmatoes. Unable to handle anxiety well (Read: At all), the sandslime will curl on itself, becoming rock solid, at the slightest agitation around it. When in this form, the sandslime cannot be vacced up, only transported as one would a largo. Three things are known to calm the sandslimes down. A delicious sunmatoe placed right in front of it, a large splurts of water to force it back to softness or some quiet and solitude.

Rancher Risks:

While not risky at all, the word tricky comes to mind. This shy and nervous slime will curl up at anything upsetting it, even a rancher running around them too rapidly. When curled up, they won't accept anything but their favorite food, and even then, they'll take a moment to open up. Although it's favorite food is the Sunmatoe, a fruit, the slime only eats vegetables as no one had the heart to explain to it that it wasn't a veggie.

Largos composed with sandslimes will inherit their stressful and timid behaviour, but become immune to any source of agitation from the specie it melded with. A boomsand largo, for example, won't curl into a ball as soon as a boom slime explodes. It won't take well to tangle slime"s pheromones, however.

Plortonomics

The Sand plorts are a real puzzle to scientists. Acting much like geodes, it's very hard to guess what lies inside the coarse and solid Plort. While geologists are trying to understand how sand could mimic the complex geological prerequisites of gems, some others haven taken to buy these as a sort of fancy ecological lottery ticket.

The Sunmatoe

Slimepedia

Type: Fruit
"Although a fruit, ranchers know better than to put those in a fruit salad."
Favored by: Sandslimes

Juicy and spicy, the sunmatoe is a desert growing fruit that has a niche in spicing up meals. While rather hard to come by, as they only grow during the day and rapidly wither at night, they're the favorites of the sandslimes, who actually only brave the desert to get their blobs on those fruits.
Pixie
Plort

Re: Sandslimes

Postby EmeraldPlay » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:35 pm

Nice idea!
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Re: Sandslimes

Postby WOLRUS » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:10 pm

Clever!
WOLRUS
Rancher

Location: The infinite void in the depths of the universe...kidding, an oasis in the Glass Desert.

Return to Slime Design